Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was my only thought, lets get our memberships paid up to help in the interim.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF pay.PNG 
Views:	41 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	512325
    1973 Viper - sold
    1978 Viking - sold
    1995 XB02

2. Thanks Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Likes rgsauger, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdubiel View Post
    This was my only thought, lets get our memberships paid up to help in the interim.

Name:	SF pay.PNG 
Views:	41 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	512325

Thank you so much. I hope I can really communicate how both thankful I am and how it helps the site tremendously.
    For reasons I'm not completely clear on, the war in Europe has caused ad revenue to drop across all Google platforms. They issued a memo on that several times though I'm still not sure how happenings in Europe would affect ad rates here. Google is an international company so I suppose the reasons are complicated.

Thank you so mch for supporting S&F.

Jim (CUDA), thanks for that post. You have done a great job at showing why when I get home I will start with removing your posts.

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to know that's one of a hunderd from CHAZ who follows me around

That was just a example of what I have to put up with.

My brothers son in law his daughters husband has been a corperate attorney for Google for about 15 years

Marc Ellenbogen

Marc Ellenbogen - Director, Legal at Google - LinkedIn

<cite class="iUh30 qLRx3b tjvcx" role="text" style="color: rgb(32, 33, 36); font-style: normal; font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.3; padding-top: 1px;"></cite>
    https://www.linkedin.com › marc-ellenbogen-a214b118

New York, New York, United States · Director, Legal · Google
    Manager of legal team supporting business development and strategic partnerships for AR/VR, Chromecast, Fitbit, Google Fi, Google One, Nest, Pixel, Stadia, ...

They have a Nice brownstone next to Central Park and a house in the Hamptions.

Marc has been promoted to the overall manager of Google's legal team

and he is a Democrat.

Last edited by CUDA; 11-14-2022 at 05:06 PM.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post

Jim, I didn't say this was necessarily about you. But that post you just made is in itself an example of the stuff I do not want here. I have always been straightforward with you whenever you reached out with an issue, haven't I? The single point I keep trying to get across is that I do not care who starts an argument or who is right or wrong. I just do not want it on the site. If somebody posts something that shouldn't be here, or is inflammatory, the best thing to do is report the post and leave it at that. But this continuing circle of people needing to get the last word in always causes trouble. Not for the kiddies arguing, but for me. Why can't people just ignore antagonistic posts?? This is so childish that it's embarrassing to the site. The irony is that so many of these little flame wars begin by somebody purposely baiting somebody with a political insult or whatever, and the same people swallow the hook every single time.

Believe me, I am aware of what goes on here. It's obviously not a single person. These headaches on the site end up causing people to leave, and I won't allow that to happen. That ends up hurting everybody here. Yet, some people feel none of that matters. What seems to matter most to these people is that they keep escalating a ridiculous thread because ignoring the childish impulses to get the last word in is too overwhelming for them.

But now, again, I pay the price, and ultimately, we all do. This site is certainly not about me, and there are a lot of people here the site helps, which is very important to me. So now that I will be denied ad revenue for several weeks, I will have to delay upgrades planned on the site this winter. Oh I know that won't make any of the troublemakers lose any sleep over this. But god forbid somebody slings some immature insults at these people, and that's something they must act on. I've reached the conclusion that not only do these troublemakers not care, but they are actively trying to ruin the site.

As for Google, they are not in the wrong here. If I were them, I wouldn't want to associate my advertisers with that garbage either.

6. Thanks 99fxst99 thanked for this post
    Likes Beak Boater, rjdubiel, 99fxst99 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought, my bike forum gives you six months free trial, after that you have to join to post and read the technical section

anyone can read the everyday posting in all areas I believe, they also conduct get togethers , yearly conventions.

so if someone wanted to buy something from a seller he would have to join after six months, this place is known for parts and

pieces sections, would force people to join after the 6 mons trial. They have no add policy, but it's a non profit with large cash

reserves.

COG

<label id="FunctionalBlock1_ctl00_memberApplicationMain_ctl00_stepTemplate_levelListView_membershipLevelsRe peater_ctl00_membershipLevelRadioLabel" class="levelProperties" for="FunctionalBlock1_ctl00_memberApplicationMain_ctl00_stepTemplate_levelListView_membershipLevelsR epeater_ctl00_membershipLevelRadio">Member: 1 year - $37.00 (USD)Subscription period: 1 yearNo automatically recurring paymentsIndividual Full Membership with all COG benefits for 1 year. Complete access to club web forum, member only content on website library, and technical index. Quarterly Concourier magazine subscription, annual Member Handbook/Directory, and more.</label>
    <input class="typeRadio" membershipfee="72.0000" levelid="878273" id="FunctionalBlock1_ctl00_memberApplicationMain_ctl00_stepTemplate_levelListView_membershipLevelsRe peater_ctl01_membershipLevelRadio" type="radio" name="membershipLevel" value="FunctionalBlock1$ctl00$memberApplicationMain$ctl00$stepTemplate$levelListView$membershipLevel sRepeater$ctl01$membershipLevelRadio" style="width: 13px; height: 13px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: top;">

<label id="FunctionalBlock1_ctl00_memberApplicationMain_ctl00_stepTemplate_levelListView_membershipLevelsRe peater_ctl01_membershipLevelRadioLabel" class="levelProperties" for="FunctionalBlock1_ctl00_memberApplicationMain_ctl00_stepTemplate_levelListView_membershipLevelsR epeater_ctl01_membershipLevelRadio"></label>
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just a thought, my bike forum gives you six months free trial, after that you have to join to post and read the technical section

anyone can read the everyday posting in all areas I believe, they also conduct get togethers , yearly conventions.

so if someone wanted to buy something from a seller he would have to join after six months, this place is known for parts and

pieces sections, would force people to join after the 6 mons trial. They have no add policy, but it's a non profit with large cash

reserves.

COG

<label id="FunctionalBlock1_ctl00_memberApplicationMain_ctl00_stepTemplate_levelListView_membershipLevelsRe peater_ctl00_membershipLevelRadioLabel" class="levelProperties" for="FunctionalBlock1_ctl00_memberApplicationMain_ctl00_stepTemplate_levelListView_membershipLevelsR epeater_ctl00_membershipLevelRadio">Member: 1 year - $37.00 (USD)Subscription period: 1 yearNo automatically recurring paymentsIndividual Full Membership with all COG benefits for 1 year. Complete access to club web forum, member only content on website library, and technical index. Quarterly Concourier magazine subscription, annual Member Handbook/Directory, and more.</label>
    <input class="typeRadio" membershipfee="72.0000" levelid="878273" id="FunctionalBlock1_ctl00_memberApplicationMain_ctl00_stepTemplate_levelListView_membershipLevelsRe peater_ctl01_membershipLevelRadio" type="radio" name="membershipLevel" value="FunctionalBlock1$ctl00$memberApplicationMain$ctl00$stepTemplate$levelListView$membershipLevel sRepeater$ctl01$membershipLevelRadio" style="width: 13px; height: 13px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: top;">

<label id="FunctionalBlock1_ctl00_memberApplicationMain_ctl00_stepTemplate_levelListView_membershipLevelsRe peater_ctl01_membershipLevelRadioLabel" class="levelProperties" for="FunctionalBlock1_ctl00_memberApplicationMain_ctl00_stepTemplate_levelListView_membershipLevelsR epeater_ctl01_membershipLevelRadio"></label>
    I know many sites that have similar systems in place for membership, but I made a promise to the membership here long ago, which is that all resources for non-commercial members on the S&F site will be free, without any paywalls. I'm not in any way suggesting that sites that implement mandatory monetization memberships are doing anything wrong, and indeed it could be the case that a system like that would discourage flagrant abuses on the forum. With S&F, I feel that information that could be helpful to people should not be charged for. I also feel immensely proud of the group we have here, so I want to do all I can to make this a good place.

Obviously, Team Membership is optional, and and it is very important to keeping the site operating, but I think the decision about supporting S&F monetarily should be left to the members themselves. The costs to just to keep this site online have become immense, due to both the high traffic of the site (bandwidth), rental of T3 data lines and our server maintenance for updates, which take place frequently. Our server also uses solid state drives now to keep the site loading very fast, though those devices are pre-emptively replaced depending on the number of hours and data rewrites that have taken place on them. 100% of all Team Membership revenue goes directly to the operation of the website. I could only ask that people consider supporting the site, but I wouldn't mandate it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a couple of questions and a comment.

Are people banned forever or can there be forgiveness eventually? I like the idea of forgiveness, but maybe not for repeat offences.
    Is a liberal political post trolling by definition and subject to banning?

I've made this comment before about a car web site that I frequent. It has zero tolerance for ad hominem attacks and politics. Sadly, these go together now. At any rate, the tone there is more congenial then here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But his real crime was being a Democrat in a cult world.

The cult is finnaly dieing so normalcy could be on the Horizon

Last week's election is proof

jj
    dang, Cuda. Here Greg is talking about the sniping and such and you throw politics into the mix? Personally, I think the elections were and are crap but I’m not going down that hole here and maybe others shouldn’t either. I do agree that life is too short.

back to the task at hand…

Greg, how do we know what our membership level is? Is it in our profile? Do you auto bill it every year or do we need to do it ourselves? Trying to make sure I’m paying my dues…
    1990 Shadow bass boat w/ 2.4 200 Merc. Totally resto'd boat and love it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you click on "Forum Actions" near the top of the page and choose "Edit Profile" then on the left under "My Account" you'll see "Paid Subscriptions"... click that and the top line in the right-hand pane will show any "Active Subscription" and below that are membership options. Those list the cost & whether they are recurring or one-time.

Let's just go ahead and make America great again!

12. Thanks rgsauger, Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David - WI View Post
    If you click on "Forum Actions" near the top of the page and choose "Edit Profile" then on the left under "My Account" you'll see "Paid Subscriptions"... click that and the top line in the right-hand pane will show any "Active Subscription" and below that are membership options. Those list the cost & whether they are recurring or one-time.
    thanks bud. Just sent a few bucks to the cause.

I didn’t see the recurring part that you mentioned but it’ll be alright.
    Last edited by rgsauger; 11-14-2022 at 11:22 PM.

14. Thanks Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rgsauger View Post
    thanks bud. Just sent a few bucks to the cause.

I didn’t see the recurring part that you mentioned but it’ll be alright.
    I didn't really look too closely, but at the bottom of the page there is a "note" explaining...

Name:	Screenshot_20221114-222506~2.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	512336

16. Thanks rgsauger, Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of them have an asterisk beside the duration unless I’m missing something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure... maybe that went away but the note remained?

19. Likes rgsauger liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Cuda, you might want to put that in quotes with an author/artist; otherwise people might get the wrong idea.
    Mike, Ever since I said you can find more Verado's in the outboard junkyards, than out on the water .. you have tried little ****** tactic's against me. What .. years now .. I didn't see a post by jim in the 14 posts before yours, but I cant help but notice by your description, as to who your pointing a finger at. Nor was his post fit to keep.
    The difference between you and I .. is I don't throw a rock and hide my hand ..

CUDA

OK jim, please show me where I have posted one time in a thread you have started, with-in the last month .. ????

I'll help you ... not once ! (so much for "following" you around)

When you say to one of my friends on here that he prefers **** zex .. bet your sour buze .. you'll see one of you proud flag boats.
    No, no, your not smart enough to drop it. You gotta continue to drivel. Just as you have done in this thread.

Greg, be honest .. how many times have I called, texted, or e-mailed you about jim ? (I just call him be his well earned name .. and went along my way)

How many times has he thrown a rock .. been shown the light, the response liked by many members. Instead of learning from it and saying thanks .. he says .. daddy, daddy .. it's Chaz's fault.

I think I deserve an answer to that.

I haven't posted in the political section in well over a month, general section in a week or so .. last time I did, I asked for a civil "discussion" about the effects water grains have on HP and detonation. The response was, there is nothing to "debate" .. bla.. bla .. bla .. I said to myself, if a turbo guy .. doesn't know that "water injection" has been around since WW-2 .. then there's no sense in me trying to continue ... it would only continue to go sideways from there.
    Only one of many .. this time I just folded my cards and went else where .

I do like the tech section, when people find help there, they usually say thank you !

RG seys :
    dang, Cuda. Here Greg is talking about the sniping and such and you throw politics into the mix? Personally, I think the elections were and are crap but I’m not going down that hole here and maybe others shouldn’t either. I do agree that life is too short.
    I swear brudda .. ya just can't make that **** it up ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    Not sure what to think because I keep see advertisements from G00gl3 in header and side banners for Ford, GM, even sexy women's lingerie, on a boat site?

So they punish you but still run their adds?! ... I cannot say exactly what I am thinking, but to be nice and PG 13--- They are giving you the shaft.

Regarding ads that are for things like lingerie, I do my best to have those ads removed by issuing exclusions on my account. And although the ads here are supposed to be appropriate for 13 and over, those kinds of ads inevitably show up at times, and I'll again make an exclusion request. Only issue is that it can take days or even weeks for the changes to take place. Google is always pushing publishers to allow those ads because I assume they earn a lot of money for them, but I always try to keep it off the site. The rules that publishers set for appropriate ad content on a website is not a guarantee that Google won't ever show those ads, and Google makes that clear in their TOS. But they're usually pretty good about removing content that I make a report on.

I always try to be proactive on dealing with ads I feel are inappropriate or deceptive in any way. As I mentioned, Google will push the boundaries of what publishers specify as appropriate content. I try to stay on top of it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast