User Tag List

Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 56 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday's world record-breaking run

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XstreamVking View Post
    Seems I have seen Tesla’s do a big charge for 50-60 bucks. range is 300 at most

The most popular method: Home charging
    Fully recharging an electric car with a healthy range of 300 miles would require 75-100 kWh and cost $10-$14.
    Apr 1, 2022

Try again
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have seen several attempts to prove the ev’s viable. Running from charger to charger and putting in just enough to get to the next charger. It’s a failure unless you use it as a local transport like my neighbor does. For him it’s great. Solar charger and after a few sunny days it’s ready for a trip around town. He won’t plug it in to the grid. He’s a retired engineer and just has fun with it.
    Last edited by XstreamVking; 08-29-2022 at 11:51 PM.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

4. Likes Instigator, David - WI liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of misinformation about EV's in this thread. I have driven my Tesla on some 900 mile trips. The most I paid for a Supercharge was about $25. Charging at home is much cheaper. The charging takes about 25-30 min at a supercharger. It does add some time to the trip but it is not the worst. 99% of the use of the car is local. It is cheap to drive, it is really fast and the maintenance is low. No oil changes, brakes last well over 100,000 miles as the car generator charges the car as it slows it down. The grid can handle as much as 80% of the cars on the road being EV. It is the future of the auto market. Look at what direction the auto manufactures are going.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    To some extent, it's good. But this is the general boating sub forum. There's a dumpster fire of a political forum below, that oddly enough hasn't changed a bit since the unfortunate passing of the moderator of that forum. And that garbage little by little, by the same morons that do it down there, is making it's way up here. Libtard this, commie that, blah blah blah. Most all of their "points", if thats what you want to call them, age like potato salad in the sun on a warm day.

I've always found problem solving and engineering interesting. This is an example of both, and congrats to them taking this on. That's a beautiful boat, and.combined with the motors, hauls ass. I doubt the people doing the never ending bashing haven't even been in an EV or 4 stroke powered hi perf boat. Just sittin on the porch, barking like lap dogs. The point of the thread was to showcase a boat screaming and flying. But like always, the same culprits come in and piss in the punch bowl.
    Don't look now, but you just called the patriots on this site ... morons. In the general boating section .. Whats a madda wit chew .. A freakin moron or sumptin ..

If you have a problem with the political section ... don't visit it .. pretty simple ..

Problem solving .. whats the problem ... ???

Most of us see the problem as the money grab .. if you can't see that , then don't "invent non-existent problems" .. and then spend a fortune to seek a solution .. with our tax money ..

Try to keep up ... As stated previously, my cross the street neighbor has a Tesla .. everyone on my street has rode it like a $10.00 %^$*# .. anytime I was in it .. my neighbor spent more time look at the battery level gauge ... than the road ahead. Maybe he knows something you don't ..
    My county is named the "Sailfish capital of the world" lots of people here bough porkchops to go out in the deep water. They have enough money to fill the transom with them things. And they usually need someone who has fished So.Florida his whole life .. No 450's yet, however .. 300 hp from a twin cam / 4 valve / EFI /4.6L is kinda weak where I come from. 100 HP / L is pretty easy and common, so I imagine the 450's run like the 300's should ... just sayin

Showcase the boat .. there are two thread, how much technical information can be shared by railbirds..???
    I throw myself in that pile as well. I can say I've seen where guys who tried to pull their race car from one side of the track to the other with electric golf carts .. go dead before making it back to the trailer ... then show up the next week with a gas cart.
    Google Tesla fires ... bunch of them out there ... Inferno's

!!! Warning !!! from MFG's .. don't park your EV in the house garage ...

You gonna sleep on a electric fishin rig ... where ya gonna swim too ..

So there was a guy with a V-hull and one electric motor that went .. 80 something MPH .. OK it was a world record

Now they put 2 of them on a cat that should (does) run 120 with 300x or 300r motors ... and they are world record holders @ 109 ... world champions .. the greatest ever. Sure a publicly traded company built a business card .. much like many did on American Chopper. I hope they got their moneys worth in exposure.
    I see that by it being thought of as more than "just a novelty" as it coming to a point where big brother says no more new gasoline vehicles .. no more using gasoline in old cars, boats, bikes , airplanes ... there will always be those who (notice I didn't call them lib-tard idiots) will nod their heads .. yea, thats a good idea .. grind our once great country ... to a halt ... No F'in thank you !

One , two, three boat classes ... LOL Everyone's a winner !

Where I come from .. 90+ people would show up to try to qualify for 32 spots .. yep 58 to more than 60 would be told .. thanks for donating , see ya at the next one .

7. Likes Beak Boater liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When trucks are electric, it will be a signal its ready for boats as load is similar

9. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow View Post
    A lot of misinformation about EV's in this thread. I have driven my Tesla on some 900 mile trips. The most I paid for a Supercharge was about $25. Charging at home is much cheaper. The charging takes about 25-30 min at a supercharger. It does add some time to the trip but it is not the worst. 99% of the use of the car is local. It is cheap to drive, it is really fast and the maintenance is low. No oil changes, brakes last well over 100,000 miles as the car generator charges the car as it slows it down. The grid can handle as much as 80% of the cars on the road being EV. It is the future of the auto market. Look at what direction the auto manufactures are going.
    80% is an unrealistic expectation right now, we're already seeing grid failures in california and theyre at about 16% ev. I think theres very little misinformation about ev's in this thread honestly. is it doable right now? yes. is it cost effective? I dont think so. once you factor in cost of the car and how much longer it takes to charge a car VS fueling up then i dont think its worth it.

11. Likes David - WI liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the time you get to 30% - 40% EV's you're going to:

A) have to start paying some alternative road tax in order to maintain the roads, bridges, charging stations. etc.
    B) be paying 3 or 4 times as much for electricity as you are now; which won't only make EV ownership more expensive but also heating, air conditioning, manufacturing, broadcasting, etc... the cost of everything will go up.

EV's are basically getting a "free ride" right now because there are so few (relatively) that the legislation, regulation, and market forces aren't mature yet.

Let's just go ahead and make America great again!

13. Thanks XstreamVking thanked for this post
    Likes XstreamVking liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    When trucks are electric, it will be a signal its ready for boats as load is similar
    https://youtu.be/vo-iWbv4uMw

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can we all agree that hydrogen and nuclear are both wayyyyy better options and our resources would be better applied to them instead of EV?

17. Thanks XstreamVking thanked for this post
    Likes XstreamVking, powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Burns View Post
    Google says there is a 25 year difference between when IC and EM were invented... so they've had 25 more years to make electric motors work and be efficient and they're not there yet. I have no issue with electric cars, boats whatever, I just take issue with the argument that they are greener than other power sources.

Noah what IC motor makes 49,000 HP and is that small, will turn a BIG prop on a BIG ship, not there yet ???

https://indico.cern.ch/event/760666/...s-20190715.pdf

19. Likes John S liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boostalmighty View Post
    can we all agree that hydrogen and nuclear are both wayyyyy better options and our resources would be better applied to them instead of EV?
    Nuclear for transmission, yes. Backed by renewables, is the best option. Hydrogen has flaws, just like any other power source. It consumes a great deal of resources to produce, water and electricity for example. And it would take a ton more work to create a distribution infrastructure. There already is the infrastructure there for EV (we can do the grid debate all day long, but I don't think many people even understand what part of the grid they're talking aboot), and there needs to be a different mindset when it comes to charging. Like your portable electric devices, your car in most instances can be charging at night, whole on off peak demand. Unlike fueling your car when it's at 1/4 tank (or 1/64 if your a woman), and on a basic 20A/ 120V ckt. It could easily be replenished every single night.

As for time taken to charge in the outside world, well that's another debate if thats your only method. But for many, I don't think it is.

https://electrek.co/2022/08/29/umber...in-us-in-2022/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The new hummer is incredible. I ordered one after driving it. 1000 hp and torque that is absolutely stupid. They expect range on the next version to be increased by 200 miles per charge. They are only getting that now (good friend is a dealer and drives like I do).

Joe

22. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Three things I will never own:
    EV
    Trike
    Pontoon Boat

Nuff said

Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 56 ... LastLast