User Tag List

Page 31 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 81 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cracked me up when our local gas stations were advertising free charging while stopping there for lunch.

So the free 30 min charge might be enough to get you from your office to the station and back???

A while back I stopped being shocked at the number of stupid people and accept that they walk within us.
    Ugh!
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun K View Post
    You refuse to answer the most basic questions in regard to climate hoax.

Why is China exempt from the Paris accords ?

Why is China constructing Coal powerplants in 2022 ?

Why is The United States selling China all its coal to use for cheap energy?

Why is Wall Street & Corporate America so invested in China as they carry the water for "Climate change" here in the states ?

Why is China producing the vast majority of US products as US Manufactuing has basically ended because of "Climate Change" ?

Up 700%, China’s Consumption Of US Coal Drives Shortages, Not Railroads (forbes.com)

Does China have a separate atmosphere than we do ? This is as confusing as being able to remove your mask when seated at a public restaurant?
    You missed one
    Aircraft emissions exempt so the greenies can fly to all the events

3. Likes John S liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh, and here it is. Anyone who becomes an environmentalist over wind turbines and lithium battery, but then promotes coal... Well, um, okay. Coal is the opioid of the energy sector. Nuclear backed with renewables is the future. We just need to get off the drug.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/nuclear-power-plant

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Ahhh, and here it is. Anyone who becomes an environmentalist over wind turbines and lithium battery, but then promotes coal... Well, um, okay. Coal is the opioid of the energy sector. Nuclear backed with renewables is the future. We just need to get off the drug.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/nuclear-power-plant
    What ? You say something John ?

6. Thanks John S thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    You missed one
    Aircraft emissions exempt so the greenies can fly to all the events
    Thats just the in your face hypocrisy of these elitist. I want to know why this country is being Mothballed and China is being pushed to the Top by the people that run this country ?

8. Thanks John S thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats just the in your face hypocrisy of these elitist. I want to know why this country is being Mothballed and China is being pushed to the Top by the people that run this country ?
    It appears that way but China has killed itself, its going away for a quiet retirement from the experiment of trading with the world.
    Once the USA gets rid of wok ism and Biden it will grow back into a superpower of industry.

I remember when with a few projects in the gulf that came online the USA pumped more oil than Saudi without including fracking.
    ( you need to build some new refinery's that can process USA crude)
    That milestone was going to change the face of the world but other events have masked it.
    USA also gone from burning gas off to become one of the worlds largest exporters.
    Those that aligned them selves with china russia are suffering now and greater this winter.

Money is already pouring into he USA hence the strong USD.

10. Likes John S liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    It appears that way but China has killed itself, its going away for a quiet retirement from the experiment of trading with the world.
    Once the USA gets rid of wok ism and Biden it will grow back into a superpower of industry.

I remember when with a few projects in the gulf that came online the USA pumped more oil than Saudi without including fracking.
    ( you need to build some new refinery's that can process USA crude)
    That milestone was going to change the face of the world but other events have masked it.
    USA also gone from burning gas off to become one of the worlds largest exporters.
    Those that aligned them selves with china russia are suffering now and greater this winter.

Money is already pouring into he USA hence the strong USD.
    You should post this in Politics and ill gladly respond, let them talk about their electric future here and we can talk reality elsewhere

12. Thanks John S thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hur de dur de dur de dur

Like you said, go back to the politics forum. You apparently need an echo chamber. Good for you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like you said, go back to the politics forum. You apparently need an echo chamber. Good for you.

dumber than dog sht from sunnyland with his sodium nuclear powerplants links . While his own state is taking down their own last nuclear plant. Buh Bye goofball

15. Thanks John S thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try reading your own stupid links, babbling fool

"On the state level, no fewer than 12—California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Vermont—all have their own conditions restricting new nuclear construction."

17. Thanks John S thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey bud, I realize we have differences of opinion, but at the end of the day, this is just a hi perf boating site, we're not setting policy, or even changing anything really. Just a group of guys chatting on the internet aboot articles they've read, and possibly some anecdotal evidence through life experiences. Or in my case, cherry pick one sentence out of whole articles, so it looks like I'm right, so I can have an online sense of superiority. No reason to take anything personal and whatnot. Sometimes I lash out online, because I have some personal issues that I need to work out. There's no way I would ever be this much of a c**t IRL, that would be bananas. I'd gladly have a beer with ya, we would probably end up being besties.
    Ya know Shawn, I couldn't agree more. As for reality.... Every major auto manufacturer is moving EVs into their lineups. I worked for an electrical contractor as an apprentice that did work at Ford plants. Changing over the lines to new products takes years from inception to final product. So... there's that. A line from a movie I once watched... "You caint stop whats comin"

I really do appreciate your attempts to be civil, I know how hard it was for you, seeing your previous postings down in the dumpster fire sub forum. But human nature being what it is, well, ya just cant fight it, can ya? But you tried so hard, dint ya? But it also seems you can't quit me, cos you post buh bye, then post again. You okay Shawn?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @pcrussell50 I too have heard aboot the E bike service thing. Not from an online forum, but from a service manager that I drank beers with at a couple breweries in N Park. They sell/ service Colnago, Intense, Specialized, Cannondale, Cervelo. His reason wasn't liability, but rather that some of the stuff coming out is pure junk, and they aren't going to waste their time and have to deal with finding the subpar components, especially when the customer tried to save a few bucks by going somewere else. Now that E bikes are like rap labels in the 90's, where there's a new one aboot every day, there are some serious quality issues. Like by bud who used to manage a powersports/ John Deere dealership back in the day dealt with customers that brought in their Home Depot JD. "Go have Home Depot work on it".

As for the fires, there's a long discussion we could have on that. Sample size, outside circumstances, etc. IMO, that Tesla pack fire was a sign of success, abeit, in the face of a setback. the suppression system limited it to the one pack, saving the others. I wonder where that technology could be transferred to???

Cbad, eh? If you're ever at Belching Beaver or Carlsbad Brewing, and see a near midget with a Ducati shirt and a MN Twins cap on, go hit him up for a beer, and start talking how you love EVs and those windmill thingys.
    Last edited by John S; 10-02-2022 at 11:31 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know Shawn, I couldn't agree more. As for reality.... Every major auto manufacturer is moving EVs into their lineups. I worked for an electrical contractor as an apprentice that did work at Ford plants. Changing over the lines to new products takes years from inception to final product. So... there's that. A line from a movie I once watched... "You caint stop whats comin"

I really do appreciate your attempts to be civil, I know how hard it was for you, seeing your previous postings down in the dumpster fire sub forum. But human nature being what it is, well, ya just cant fight it, can ya? But you tried so hard, dint ya? But it also seems you can't quit me, cos you post buh bye, then post again. You okay Shawn?
    Your'e correct I should have squeezed that into the buh bye post. Then realized the link you sent stated 12 blue states already had a ban on new nuclear, something I was already aware of. Obviously Nuclear is the answer, we already agreed on that, but I thought we already agreed it wasn't a reality of happening. It's too cheap and available and very green. In any case don't be afraid of the sub forums, come on down with us uneducated filthy animals and shoot the sht.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know Shawn, I couldn't agree more. As for reality.... Every major auto manufacturer is moving EVs into their lineups. … snip… "You caint stop whats comin"
    Eh… Ok. Then does this mean we can finally stop subsidizing rich man’s toy BEVs, stop requiring by government force that a certain and ever increasing percentage of all new cars sold be BEVs, and take the government boot off the neck of domestic oil production?

I mean since this is all happening naturally, then we don’t need the use of force, right? Maybe save the working man a few bucks instead of forcing him to help LeBron or Bill Gates buy his Porsche Taycan?

-Peter
    "padded wonder"
    17' boston whaler alert, 90 merc fourstroke
    13' boston whaler, 40hp yamaha

the dry:
    2003 bmw ///M5
    1993 mustang/griggs racing road race car
    and a handful of clunkers

22. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QUOTE=pcrussell50;3363135]Eh… Ok. Then does this mean we can finally stop subsidizing rich man’s toy BEVs, stop requiring by government force that a certain and ever increasing percentage of all new cars sold be BEVs, and take the government boot off the neck of domestic oil production?

I mean since this is all happening naturally, then we don’t need the use of force, right? Maybe save the working man a few bucks instead of forcing him to help LeBron or Bill Gates buy his Porsche Taycan?

-Peter[/QUOTE]

My answer is twofold. 1- Are you asking this as if I have the deciding vote? 2- I appreciate your rose colored belief in a better world, but I hate to break it to ya, government has always favored the rich man. If that weren't the case, there wouldn't be factories in China building our ****. Like it or not, it is what it is. Not sure aboot rich man's toys, but that stuff always starts that way and filters down (electronics being exhibit A). You can scream at the sky, or accept it and adapt. Much like the killing of incandescent lightbulbs, one day you won't even think aboot it. Just be happy they haven't started a carburetor seizure department yet.

Enough of this for me today, I have a Motogp race to watch at Doffo, then a ride to Idlewyld. Happy Sunday funday, gents.

24. Likes Brad Zastrow liked this post
Page 31 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 81 ... LastLast