User Tag List

Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 67 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Another thread in the dumpster fire. I keep looking here hoping for more information about the electric boat. Silly me.
    How much more is there to know .. ???

32' Hellcat .. (tards still running from the fact that it was built with fuel tanks)

Has single ram clamp brackets , MAD/EFI cans , 3.0L Sportys .. a couple pans, cowls, and powerheads away from being a real boat . Probably would need new wraps to keep the lefties from committing suicide .. after seeing it go down the river in the present black and white theme ..

Maybe the "village idiot" can take a guess at how much blow will fit in the empty tanks .. since he's so mesmerized with Miami Vice inspired TV story lines ..

The N.O.A.H. has yet to comment about having to cough up $20,000.00 for a battery .. Matter of fact , where's the commodore .. at least he can do is be like the other tatds .. and call me names instead of saying something that actually shows more than being ... butt hurt ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Another thread in the dumpster fire. I keep looking here hoping for more information about the electric boat. Silly me.
    Meh, let em chat amongst themselves. Not aboot the boat, but interesting nonetheless.

https://electrek.co/2022/09/10/apter...ctric-vehicle/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Ronnie said...It's morning again in America.

https://www.salon.com/2022/09/10/cal...-electric-car/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like most patriots say .. let's let the idiots shine in the land of fruits and nuts ... all the way into the ground.

CARB has been fighting for 50 years .. seems to me if they actually had a good idea, it could have been accomplished within the first year ...

I'm quite sure that all of Gov. newscum's homies, from Silicon Valley to the homeless on the streets of L.A. are lookin forward to buying a new $150,000.00 Ford dim-light 150 .

Chaz = rememberin, when 150 meant half ton .. not what it cost to buy one ...

Just so I get it right .. It's ok to squat and take a s**t in the street, but not ok to drive an old school F-150 ... tards at the height of stupidity !

Yea .. thats what I want outside my shops gate ...

Chaz, fondly rememberin, when Oakland meant the Raiders and the roadster show ..

Yes ... you remind me of the old busy bodies that belong to the HOA .. hate to see normal people and their pursuit of happiness. Way too stupid to see when you and your idea's are not wanted.
    Tell ya what, you don't tell us what to drive on our streets .. and we won't tell you to clean the garbage up from your s**t hole, maggot infested state ..

5. Likes RiverRat71 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad another **** show of a thread. Such a cool setup. Awesome job all.
    When you post boat stuff it gets nothing but the **** shows get a lot of attention.

Dago.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dagodiver View Post
    Sad another **** show of a thread. Such a cool setup. Awesome job all.
    When you post boat stuff it gets nothing but the **** shows get a lot of attention.

Dago.
    Anything positive that could be said about "electric boats" could be done in a paragraph or two. Since we are on page 17 you should have picked up on the fact that there is much more at stake here than one boat on one day.
    The real **** show would begin if the tards closed all gas stations ... tomorrow @ 7:00 am !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chaz YOU are the $hit in this show and like the full grown child that you are, must have the last word.

Your always working to have one of your ditto-heads give you a like, It's what you live for.

Your constant name calling is boring, childish and toxic.
    We have invented the world; WE see

9. Likes Brad Zastrow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Chaz YOU are the $hit in this show and like the full grown child that you are, must have the last word.

Your always working to have one of your ditto-heads give you a like, It's what you live for.

CUDA it wouldn’t be the same S&F without his .02 c.

Just like S&F wouldn’t be the same without your copypasta

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Said the guy who posted .....right after me ..

That was last week that I informed you that no one gives a single **** about what you say ... still holding on to your losses ... ehh

Only someone that is considered the "village idiot" would call someone :

$hit show

a full grown child

claims to know what motivates another

the membership ... ditto-heads

boring, childish and toxic

Don't look now cupcake , but you just did exactly what you accuse myself and others of doing .. to a much greater extent , or as it's more commonly known .. Gumby going full-tard ....

Which looks to me like your motivated by a mix of jealousy and sour grapes ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What type of motors did the boat use? Passenger vehicle EVs turn around 15,000 rpm. Would the boat have used similar motors? Was the 15000 rpm geared down before the Mercury lower unit or did they use low pitch props? Was the boat a very light layup or is it a boat that someone could use recreationally or for conventional racing once repowered with conventional engines?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow View Post
    I am a big fan of EV's. My wife owns a Tesla. A car takes very little power to cruise down the highway. I recall around 25hp to hold a steady speed. A boat takes a lot of power to cruise at even 60 mph. I assume the range will be very, very low on an electric boat. Adding more heavy batteries for range will not be the answer. In a short run the torque of electric motors on a boat should be good in a Shootout event. The technology is not there yet for large electric boats. Things are changing fast in the EV world. Look at Dodge announcing the gas muscle car is no longer after 2024.
    Airplanes too. The power required is immense. You will never fly from LAX to Paris or Honolulu in a lithium ion battery powered commercial airplane. It is physically not possible. And there are other issues as well relating to both fire and safety, even for short haul/commuter airplanes, (think LAX to San Diego). Lithium Ion had been around for more than thirty years as the top dog, and nothing has replaced it. None of the promising replacement technologies have panned out. And liIon cannot be refined or improved enough to change or revolutionize it’s horrific energy density. It is already flirting with the ragged edge of being a bomb, as it is. Even in an ideal situation like a road car, the long range Tesla Model S weighs close as makes no difference to 5000 lbs. The Rivian truck weighs nearly 8000lbs and is about the size of a Honda Ridgeline. Imagine what a battery minivan or full sized SUV with good range would weigh? 10,000lbs maybe?

We have a ways to go before we become an electric transportation society.

-Peter
    "padded wonder"
    17' boston whaler alert, 90 merc fourstroke
    13' boston whaler, 40hp yamaha

the dry:
    2003 bmw ///M5
    1993 mustang/griggs racing road race car
    and a handful of clunkers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @pcrussell50 Never? If I only had a nickel for everything I heard was never going to happen.

https://electrek.co/2022/07/19/how-s...s-by-up-to-39/

Right now on my job, the framers are using a battery powered chop saw for steel studs. It runs all day on one pack of batteries. 10 years ago, I would've said that you'd never see that. Tech is changing at such a rapid pace now, that like most personal tech devices, what's comes to market is already outdated by what's in R&D phase. As for the bomb thing, any source of energy is on the verge of being a bomb in the right/ wrong conditions. Ask the people in OKC aboot the federal building.

15. Likes powerabout, JPEROG liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CNN . MSDNC . Both are just left wing mouth pieces. I do have to admit, their lies can be a bit more believable that what-ever-her-name is .. Jean-peerer-della-far-fetched, the WH , I don't have data on that.

I have about a half a dozen battery drills , grinders and sanders. Spares for each and of course they all take a different charger .. so they take up a whole shelf .. or charger row as we call it ..
    I've had animals that could burn the armature out of any of them in a single 3/8" hole and say what you want, in an industrial application, they go away pretty quickly, both in battery charge and total lifespan.
    High price to pay , just to be a little lazy to not have to hook to an air hose, or drag an extension cord across the floor. Most have a problem rolling them up when done.
    But those same guys will put a battery drill on the shelf with a battery at 25% or less ..

Since they can blow up anyway .... Best use for lit-ion I have found ...

18. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->@pcrussell50<!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> Never? If I only had a nickel for everything I heard was never going to happen.
    Right. Well you’ve got to admire hope against impossible hope. I’m assuming you haven’t put any nickels at stake. though I wish you would… your nickels against mine.

On a flight from the West Coast to Hawai’i, you would need about the weight of the entire empty airplane, plus it’s fuel, plus it’s freight and it’s passengers just in battery weight alone*. Assuming the weight of the batteries didn’t break the airplane just sitting at the gate, (it would, but just for argument’s sake), it is not entirely certain it could even become airborne, with the weight of the batteries alone and no people or cargo. This is also assuming there is no power drop off late in the flight as the batteries fade.

Remember, this is with lithium ion batteries and ignoring the big fat no-no of a white hot lithium fire on an airplane. Which would likely make the whole argument moot anyway.

if something about 100x lighter than lithium ever comes along, we may begin to take long range electric air travel seriously. But in the last 30 years, the best minds in science have be not brought anything better to market.

*this is what I do for a living … airline pilot, west coast, Phoenix and Vegas, to Hawaii. I can talk you through the math, if you’re interested.

It’s also why we will never have planing hull recreational boats using today’s latest battery technology. We can talk through that math too if you want.

-Peter
    Last edited by pcrussell50; 09-13-2022 at 03:50 PM.
    "padded wonder"
    17' boston whaler alert, 90 merc fourstroke
    13' boston whaler, 40hp yamaha

the dry:
    2003 bmw ///M5
    1993 mustang/griggs racing road race car
    and a handful of clunkers

Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 67 ... LastLast