User Tag List

Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 75 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Noah Burns;3360931]I am still curious how the claim of "zero emissions" can be made over and over again when these things require something that omits emissions to generate the power that they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun K View Post
    "Sweden-based Heart's electric-hybrid aircraft under development will have capacity for up to 30 passengers and generate zero emissions when they enter service, which is expected in 2028, Canada's largest carrier said in a release." [/QUOTE]
    Noah, Xstream pointed out what's pushing this "green" messaging in two appropriate words. It's all double speak and lies. The truth of the matter is these people pushing these policies want the population funneled down to ONE power source that can be completely controlled centrally, physically & price wise and that would be electric. Regardless if natural gas plants are always part of that equation to produce that electric isn't important to them. Sorry for the reality today but the electric BS gets tiring.

2. Likes Noah Burns liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zero in some areas is likely. Where I live very little electricity comes from gas and none from coal. My expectation is that by the time the plane is ready for prime time (I am not holding my breath LOL) Ontario will have zero emission electricity. More likely zero emission electricity well before electric planes are ready, if that ever happens.

[QUOTE=Noah Burns;3360931]I am still curious how the claim of "zero emissions" can be made over and over again when these things require something that omits emissions to generate the power that they need.

"Sweden-based Heart's electric-hybrid aircraft under development will have capacity for up to 30 passengers and generate zero emissions when they enter service, which is expected in 2028, Canada's largest carrier said in a release." [/QUOTE]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today's sign of the apocalypse. A company called Nikola has sold 93 electric transport trucks, intended for short haul. I found the number 93 as total production on a recall notice on the NHTSA database. And yes I check the recall data base every morning. Some habits are hard to break, even in retirement.

Nikola Homepage (nikolamotor.com)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XstreamVking View Post
    I guess they will use holding patterns on the kerosene burners and let the electro planes land first. Don’t see where they describe the usual reserve air time that all flights are required to have. They leave small details like this out for some reason
    So, the lights go dim all over Chicago when they plug 100 of these suckers in at O'hare?

Let's just go ahead and make America great again!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got a good laugh this morning seeing Brandon sitting in a corvette while praising ev’s They are ceasing production of the C-8s in their infinite wisdom btw all because of this golf cart technology they have cued up to replace it.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

7. Likes David - WI liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Once again the village idiot .. says nothing and posts a link to a video .. not the video itself with title and content ..

But does let us know how he became so stupid + hateful ... poor fukker's been lyin to himself for so long, that he began to actually believe it .. now it's too late, TDS has rotted his brain ..

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.

So an 8 year old burns to death .. and "jon boat" says it's political. No you idiot, someone's child died. jon Scum boat is your new "
    official handle" !!!

Scumboat, they have sold Pinto's, Vega's, Hyundi's, Kia's and many more in my lifetime. That doesn't mean I ever spent a nickel on any of them.

They can offer as many $hizbox golf carts as they want. The difference today is that the guy who can't ride a bicycle, climb a staircase without falling down (up) three times, shake hands with a ghost (more than once) can't put two sentences together without notes to read. Actually reads the instructions part of the notes .. is not very convincing when he kills fossil fuel decades before electrical transportation is put in place.

The worst governor in the country follows like a puppy, says that gasoline cars will be mandatorily shut down in favor of electric cars .. at the exact time that the energy secretary says .. don't charge your EV's .. because the system can't handle the load.
    Pure woke-tardness .. at it's finest. Well, more like at it's worst.

You might be a sheeple that belongs there. You can't even speak of your water conditions .. be honest, you have no water ... live like street scum if you want , just don't think for a minute, that the United States want's any part of it ...

You must have enjoyed wearing two masks while commie-tard Newscum ate at a laundromat (no wonder your so phukked up , you people can't tell the diff between a place to get your cloths washed and a place to eat) with fellow maskless tards.
    Rules for ye .. not for he .. is not a constitutional republic .. it's more like N. korea and Communist china ..
    No thanks ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by noli View Post
    Sigh... This is a big thread, so can't fault you for missing things and reposting click bait articles that have already been posted... BUT... No mate, they're not coming.

And here's why:

Damn. I hate to be such a Debbie downer here, but these kinds of sensationalist clickbait stories are borderline cruel to people holding out hope for a different future.

Air Canada gave only $5M dollars for this. To them, that’s cheaper feel-good money than if you or I bought Girl Scout cookies to help the local troupe or pack. That plane… If it is ever built and sold, will be at least four times that, just for one of them.

The manufacturer, Heart Aircraft hasn't even built a full sized cardboard model much less a prototype with battery and engines, much less taxi-tested one, which has to happen before “first flight in 2024” as the article claims. If they go from nothing, to even a first empty test flight of a prototype in a year and a half, it will have been the greatest achievement in the history of aviation. Not. Going. To. Happen. At least not anywhere near the time scale they are publishing for investors. Oh and hybrid propulsion of paying passengers is ten years away at least, from the FAA buying off on it's reliability. The FAA takes engine reliability VERY seriously, and especially new designs that have never been certified before.

===

If you are interested in electric airliners, the leading candidate by years is the Alice, by Eviation. A 9 passenger commuter. In 2019, they “sold” 75 of them to Cape Air, to run richies on the short hops to Martha’s Vineyard, Cape Cod, Nantucket etc... At least they’ve actually built a non-flying prototype with running engines, which is where we are now. It was supposed to be in service by 2022. It has not flown yet. Not even a prototype on a single hop with just a test pilot. They have had setbacks. In 2020 the only one they had, burned to the ground in … you guessed it… a battery fire. After that, they were supposed to get one off the ground with only a test pilot on board “in summer 2022”. Nothing yet. Eviation's press release from yesterday says they are going to begin "high speed taxi testing" soon. That is a very big deal and is the last phase before an actual flight. It can take a while though because at high speeds on the ground, aerodynamics begin to be a factor and they will have a lot of data to crunch through before they can let it leave the ground with the required degree of confidence. It will be years if ever, before the FAA clears them to carry passengers for money. And they are years ahead of everyone else, even though they have yet to even test fly one. Still, looking at their numbers, their plan could actually work, as long as they keep their flights under about 200 miles. But the cost, waste, and inefficiency ... Three times the power and weight to do the same work ... ouch!

A little more: Cape Air is currently flying nine passengers at a time in piston twin airplanes with 300hp per side. The battery plane will also carry 9 passengers but (if it ever comes to reality AND meets FAA certification), it requires 850hp per each of it's two engines to carry 9 passengers because of the weight of it’s battery.

And more still: In order to carry passengers for money, there are certain range and endurance requirements. Every time you take off, you have to be able to fly to your destination, then fly to your bad weather alternate, and then for 45 more minutes just in case, all without landing to refuel. With a 1200lb Tesla battery, you get about 5 minutes at 1700hp before you hit zero, no reserve. Of course once airborne you could probably throttle back to half that. It doesn’t use a Tesla battery, I just threw that in for reference. It’s battery weighs 8300lbs. About 30% more than the entire FULLY LOADED weight of the planes they fly now, and again that’s just for the battery alone. All told, it will weigh two and a half times as much to carry the same 9 passengers, as the piston Cessna 402's they use now.

===

Bottom line: These sensationalist click-bait articles come up all the time. None has ever matured. And probably won’t for a very long time. I’ve been watching it for years. If you are truly interested, let's mark today’s date and we can revisit when we can actually buy a ticket on a Heart ES-19 like the one in the link. I'd even tip my hat to see a youtube clip of a prototype actually getting airborne with a live human test pilot. At that point, they'd still be years away from carrying paying passengers, but at least having one built, and capable of getting off the ground at all would be quite an achievement.

The article says Air Canada gave $5M. That’s probably about what they spend on wear and tear for brakes in a week of flying. That $5M is throwaway marketing hype for pennies on the dollar when people read those headlines ... And actually believe them. In marketing, believing is way more important than producing.

-Peter
    I should add that even Eviation, who is YEARS ahead of everyone else, and still has not flown an empty prototype or even conducted high speed taxi tests, whose business model is for ten minute flights between the mainland and Martha's Vineyard could actually work, is a slimy bunch of liars. On their promo video, they talk about San Francisco to Los Angeles, or even London, without every claiming they could do either (because it is physically impossible). But that they say it at all is deceptive and misleading, and cruel if they suck in investors who believe it's possible.

-Peter
    Last edited by pcrussell50; 09-20-2022 at 01:14 PM.
    "padded wonder"
    17' boston whaler alert, 90 merc fourstroke
    13' boston whaler, 40hp yamaha

the dry:
    2003 bmw ///M5
    1993 mustang/griggs racing road race car
    and a handful of clunkers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Battery tech. It's getting better by the day...

https://insideevs.com/news/611040/ni...-expectations/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you Ok John ? From sunny land lol
    Doing well, better than ever actually. Just hit my fitness goal for the year, weather just turned perfect to get back on the motorcycle and MTB. Don't know how life could be better. I really do applaud your attempt to at least be cordial up here. Save the nastiness for the polititards in their "special section". You wanna talk wind turbines???
    https://www.fastcompany.com/90768024...ning-on-a-grid

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Doing well, better than ever actually. Just hit my fitness goal for the year, weather just turned perfect to get back on the motorcycle and MTB. Don't know how life could be better. I really do applaud your attempt to at least be cordial up here. Save the nastiness for the polititards in their "special section". You wanna talk wind turbines???
    https://www.fastcompany.com/90768024...ning-on-a-grid
    Yea sure let's talk wind turbines John, that 1000ft monstrosity w 126 small turbines you linked me to equals the output 5 full size turbines. Thats all. Did you read the link you posted? Did you know it takes the output of 600 full size turbines running full time to replace a one coal powerplant? Did you know that wind turbines only run at 35-40% capacity and are not a source of reliable constant power? That award winning design would be in pieces at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico in the first tropical storm, forget a hurricane. Nobody was nasty to you John S, my question was very valid, and you didn't even try to answer it. How is California's grid going to support EV's and this new electric infrastructure you keep blathering about? How. As it stands now like 30-40% of California's energy is coming from other states. And California green bureaucrats are going after the last remaining nuclear plants? The whole thing is fkn laughable. Gavin Newsome is fkn idiot who couldn't change a fkn tire on his own car if his life depended on it. These are the people making your power decisions. Good luck !

13. Likes XstreamVking, pcrussell50 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea sure let's talk wind turbines John, that 1000ft monstrosity w 126 small turbines you linked me to equals the output 5 full size turbines. Thats all. Did you read the link you posted? Did you know it takes the output of 600 full size turbines running full time to replace a one coal powerplant? Did you know that wind turbines only run at 35-40% capacity and are not a source of reliable constant power?
    That is huge. The problem with part-time/unreliable energy sources is that you still need to keep all your full-time/reliable energy sources ... Or do without in times of need. CA seems to have chosen the latter. When need arises, we here in CA are called upon to do without.

But there's also the waste problem from used turbine blades (and solar panels). The blades wear out, (quickly) and then what do you do with them? Burning them or grinding glass fibers into dust is an environmental catastrophe. Burying them, they last for 10,000 years, like plastic. Shipping them off to countries with slave labor so they can burn them or grind them up and who cares if poor people halfway around the world are dying when you're living the life in SoCal, right? Seems like burying them or shipping them to China is what is happening for the most part in this country. Except not in the rich areas like coastal SoCal. They get shipped to other people's back yards for burial. At least some of the poor communities in other states where they bury CA's used blades are getting paid for it, so there is that. The same thing happens with solar panels only worse, because they have toxic materials that can leach into ground water, so burying them is risky and has to be done with great care and expense. CA will make it nearly impossible to bury old solar panels because of this... So used solar panels from CA, as with used wind turbine blades, will likely be shipped to other people's back yards in other states.

https://www.mswmanagement.com/home/a...d-solar-panels

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2020...-in-landfills/

-Peter
    Last edited by pcrussell50; 09-21-2022 at 02:17 AM.
    "padded wonder"

the dry:
    2003 bmw ///M5

15. Likes XstreamVking liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The truth is hard to take for the greenies. I guess it will take total meltdown of society to convince them. Elon Musk himself has said that is where we are headed at this point. I think he would know the facts and understand better than just about anyone. Like it or not the tech is not now or maybe ever going to replace our current system. Nice to see posts where irrefutable proof is laid out plainly and to the point. No emotion or politics just facts!
    Last edited by XstreamVking; 09-21-2022 at 11:00 AM.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

17. Thanks pcrussell50 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimboat, pcrussell50 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea sure let's talk wind turbines John, that 1000ft monstrosity w 126 small turbines you linked me to equals the output 5 full size turbines. Thats all. Did you read the link you posted? Did you know it takes the output of 600 full size turbines running full time to replace a one coal powerplant? Did you know that wind turbines only run at 35-40% capacity and are not a source of reliable constant power? That award winning design would be in pieces at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico in the first tropical storm, forget a hurricane.
    No sir, he didn't know that. I didn't either, but then I don't tout them as the second coming .. If anything, I like what POTUS Trump says at his rally's .. no honey, you can't watch TV .. the wind isn't blowing ...

Nobody was nasty to you John S,
    Well, I'll raise my hand. I was, and will be .. as long as the left wing idiots continue to lie about climate change .. global warming, whatever they are calling it this week.
    They continue the false narrative and then some even start feeling guilty about their gender and the color of their skin .. Sorry, I ain't havin it.

my question was very valid, and you didn't even try to answer it. How is California's grid going to support EV's and this new electric infrastructure you keep blathering about? How. As it stands now like 30-40% of California's energy is coming from other states. And California green bureaucrats are going after the last remaining nuclear plants? The whole thing is fkn laughable. Gavin Newsome is fkn idiot who couldn't change a fkn tire on his own car if his life depended on it. These are the people making your power decisions. Good luck !
    No, he can't and won't even try to answer any direct questions. Just do like CRUD , and go off in a different tangent. WE STILL KNOW THEY ARE AFRAID TO TELL THE TRUTH . Can't run, no matter how many 10,000 word essays they cut and paste ..

Imported water, imported electricity and imported food .. the only thing they seem to have an abundance of is garbage filled streets, ever spreading homeless ghettoes and the idiots who put them in that position .. trying to tell the rest of us how to live .. I'll pass

Should we be good stewards of the planet .. ? absolutely. Keep your car, truck or boat in good running order. Pick up your own garbage, yo mama don't need to follow you around. Use the recycle bins the county gives you. Turn your used oil in .. or use it to lube your machinery, saw blades and cutters. For my yankee brothers, save it up to heat your garage in the winter months. I kind of thought most people were raised that way, but it seems that the ones who cry the loudest .. are the worst offenders.

19. Likes XstreamVking, Mugs914 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    America must not have gotten the memo. In the last three years, I have built three buildings, all with underground EV parking/ charging. Increased fire protection in that area. See how the process works, mate? Problem... Engineering....
    Yes, I know exactly how it works. Do you?

See:
    So you built three new buildings built to a spec in advance of a problem you knew was coming. Yet you seem to deny it as areal issue. What do you do with the million other perfectly good underground garages that were built before the dangers of spontaneous lithium fires had become a serious threat? Tear them down? No, mate. What you do is whatever you can do. And that is buy your building insurance and abide by the conditions written in your policy. If that means no underground parking for BEVs? Guess what? You can still do it. Just don’t expect your claim to be honored if you lose your building. Or get sued because someone was hurt or killed. Shoot mate, As someone in the building trades, you should be very well versed on the concept. Certainly more than I am. Yet even I understand at least the basics of liability.

And OHBTW … you and I are mountain bikers right? Over on the MTBR forums, they are already talking about e-bike shops that won’t work on bikes they don’t sell and have factory trained techs to repair. Why? Liability. They don’t want to be responsible out of pocket for fires or electrocutions.

Yes, I know engineering. My degree is in mechanical engineering. I’m also pretty strong in math and physics. If I hadn’t become a pilot, I was headed to grad school for math. That’s all this evaluation and analysis of energy storage and BS testing of fanciful claims boils down to. Math and a little physics. Stuff we can all do ourselves with a little guidance and interest. Don’t know where you are in SoCal but I went to SDSU. I still own a home up in Carlsbad, even though I don’t live in it right now.

-Peter
    Last edited by pcrussell50; 09-21-2022 at 07:33 PM.
    "padded wonder"

the dry:
    2003 bmw ///M5

21. Likes David - WI, XstreamVking liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want cheap EV's

here they come

CHINA

<section class="post-headline-wrapper default-headline" style="box-sizing: border-box; flex: 0 0 100%; max-width: 100%; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; position: relative; width: 1260px;">I tried out a luxury autonomous car considered the Chinese rival to Tesla — it was like driving an airplane

</section><section class="byline-wrapper col-12" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: flex; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; position: relative; width: 1260px; flex: 0 0 100%; max-width: 100%; align-items: center; flex-wrap: nowrap; justify-content: space-between; line-height: normal; margin-bottom: 8px;"><section class="share-wrapper share-wrapper-top" data-share-top="" aria-label="Share This Post" data-e2e-name="share-wrapper-top" data-track-page-area="Post Top" data-component-type="share-buttons" data-location="top" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: flex; align-items: flex-start; height: 50px; justify-content: flex-end; margin: auto 0px; width: 300px; position: relative;"></section></section><section id="l-content" class=" is-right-rail with-rail-video-ad" data-track-page-area="Post" data-post-content="" style="box-sizing: border-box; flex: 0 0 75%; margin-bottom: 30px; position: relative; width: 876px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; border-bottom: none; margin-left: 15px; margin-right: 54px; max-width: 876px !important;"><section class="row" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-left: -15px; margin-right: -15px;"><article style="box-sizing: border-box;"><figure class="figure image-figure-image " data-type="img" data-e2e-name="image-figure-image" data-media-container="image" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; width: 876px;"><figcaption class="image-caption headline-bold" data-e2e-name="image-caption" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: inline; font-family: LabGrotesque, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 900; line-height: 17.5px; margin-right: 6px;">Nio may be "China's answer to Tesla" due to its innovative strength. </figcaption>NOK</figure><section class="post-content typography " data-track-content="" data-post-type="post" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-size: 1.25rem; line-height: 1.65; margin-top: 36px; width: 640px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; font-family: TiemposTextWeb, Georgia, Times, serif;"><section data-offer-key="auto-renew-29" data-component-type="inline-offer" data-place-after-element-selector=".post-content .content-lock-content p" class="inline-offer auto-renew-29" style="box-sizing: border-box;"></section>
    • The Nio ET7 is being billed as the Chinese Tesla.
    • The design is a joint effort from centers in Munich and Shanghai.
    • It features an impressive interior and is ready for autonomous driving.

<section class="sub-header-container" style="box-sizing: border-box;"></section><section class="inline-newsletter-content" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px 95px;">Sign up for our newsletter to receive our top stories based on your reading preferences — delivered daily to your inbox.

<form id="emailCapture" method="POST" novalidate="" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 26px; max-width: none; width: 618px;"><label id="focusedLabel" class="headline-regular" for="newsletter-module-email" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: block; margin: 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 11px; height: 0px; left: 20px; line-height: 1; overflow-x: visible; position: relative; top: 6px; transition: all 0.1s ease 0s;">Email address</label><input class="headline-regular" type="email" autocapitalize="off" name="newsletter-module-email" id="newsletter-module-input" placeholder="Email address" autocomplete="email" required="required" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: LabGrotesque, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(140, 168, 172); border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: none; color: rgb(17, 17, 17); height: 46px; padding-left: 20px; padding-top: 6px; width: 407px;">
    <input class="submit-btn headline-bold" external-event="inline-email-signup" type="submit" value="Sign up" id="NlSubmitButton" aria-label="Sign Up" style="font-family: LabGrotesque, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; overflow: visible; font-weight: 900; font-style: normal; appearance: button; cursor: pointer; background-color: rgb(17, 17, 17); border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-radius: 25px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); height: auto; letter-spacing: 2.5px; padding: 15px 0px; position: relative; text-transform: uppercase; width: 191px;">

</form></section>
    Often, Chinese car manufacturers don't have the same reputation as those in Western countries.
    Historically, this has been down to poor production quality and the tendency of some manufacturers to copy European designs.
    Despite this, China has risen to quickly become one of the leading "car nations" — electric cars have been subsidized by the state in China for years. Electric cars account for a large share of new registrations each year.
    One manufacturer, Nio — which specializes in autonomous cars — was founded in Shanghai in 2014.

The startup is considered "China's answer to Tesla" due to its innovative strength, and it's already produced over 100,000 cars there. Even Tesla CEO Elon Musk commended the manufacturer on Twitter for reaching this milestone.
    <figure class="figure image-figure-image " data-type="img" data-e2e-name="image-figure-image" data-media-container="image" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; width: 640px;">
    <figcaption class="image-caption headline-bold" data-e2e-name="image-caption" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: inline; font-family: LabGrotesque, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 900; line-height: 17.5px; margin-right: 6px;">"Karuun" is a renewable material made mostly out of rattan that should theoretically be as resistant as plastic. </figcaption>NOK</figure>I was given the opportunity to take a ride in Nio's new luxury model and to talk to its design chief Kris Tomasson.
    Tomasson has previously worked at BMW and has also designed private jets, which is clear when you take a moment to appreciate the clean, no-frills finish of the ET7.
    The hatchback has a cW value of 0.23, but in terms of aerodynamics, it's outperformed by the world champion Mercedes EQS (0.20) and the Tesla Model S (0.208).
    <section class="ntv-mw post-content-more ntv1159453-515114-10652 ntvClickOut noskim" style="box-sizing: border-box; width: 640px; margin: 40px auto;"><section class="content-recommendations-component inline" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 50px 0px;">

SPONSOR CONTENT by MSI
    5 things to consider before purchasing a new work laptop

</section></section>According to Nio, the exterior design of the approximately 5.10-meter-long sedan was inspired by the distinctive silhouettes of the seventies.
    The roofline and C-pillar in particular are reminiscent of the Citroën CX or the Rover SD1.
    <figure class="figure image-figure-image " data-type="img" data-e2e-name="image-figure-image" data-media-container="image" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; width: 640px;">
    <figcaption class="image-caption headline-bold" data-e2e-name="image-caption" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: inline; font-family: LabGrotesque, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 900; line-height: 17.5px; margin-right: 6px;">Behind the wheel, I felt like I was in an airplane cockpit. </figcaption>NOK</figure>Although the ET7 is a hatchback, the designers gave it a classic trunk lid.
    "We did without a large tailgate because we wanted to optimize the space available in the interior. At the same time, we didn't want to design a conventional three-box sedan, as that wouldn't have fit the ET7's novel character," Tomasson explained this decision when asked by Business Insider. The model also has to do without a frunk (front luggage compartment). The rear luggage compartment, however, appears quite large at first glance.
    <iframe frameborder="0" src="https://166172565a5ae45b59de9a417de3b43d.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html" id="google_ads_iframe_/4442842/business/tech/post_8" title="3rd party ad content" name="" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" width="300" height="250" data-is-safeframe="true" sandbox="allow-forms allow-popups allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox allow-same-origin allow-scripts allow-top-navigation-by-user-activation" role="region" aria-label="Advertisement" tabindex="0" data-google-container-id="6" data-load-complete="true" style="box-sizing: border-box; max-width: 100%; display: block; margin: 0px auto; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; vertical-align: bottom;"></iframe>
    Record-breaking rear legroom

According to project manager Tomasson, the in-house Eve study from 2017 served as the starting point for the design process. At first glance, there may be few visual parallels to the extremely futuristic-looking and fully autonomous concept car.
    <figcaption class="image-caption headline-bold" data-e2e-name="image-caption" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: inline; font-family: LabGrotesque, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 900; line-height: 17.5px; margin-right: 6px;">The exterior design of the approximately 5.10-meter-long sedan was inspired by the distinctive silhouettes of the seventies. </figcaption>NOK</figure>According to the designer in charge, however, the proportions have been taken from the production model. With its 3.07-meter wheelbase, the ET7 has a similarly elongated appearance to the study. Together with the short overhangs, it should provide plenty of space in the interior.
    During my first seat test, I found that Nio wasn't exaggerating when it boasted about leg space — there was considerable room for my legs to the point where I could almost fully stretch them out.
    According to the manufacturer, the ET7 is even supposed to be the best in this category.

</section></article></section></section>
    We have invented the world; WE see

Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 75 ... LastLast