User Tag List

Page 28 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 78 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow View Post
    You clearly hate change and EV's. OK
    The best selling Tesla is a Model 3 starting at $46,990. Another interesting fact. The average price of a new car today is $47,000. It goes to say the Tesla Model 3 is average priced. Hardly a toy or a rich man's car. I am done with this tired conversation.
    Oh Brad mate, I never said any such thing about disliking BEVs. Nowhere. I’m just a simple numbers guy. And I love change. Having grown up in the fuel injection era, I’ve had an utter hoot of a good time learning about carburetors and carbureted outboards (thanks to S&F). And now I love them.

Getting back to some numbers… What can we learn from the numbers you posted? A lot and a little. The average price of a new car doesn’t tell us much about what the average person spending on a new car. If one bloke spends $120k on a Tesla Model S, three other people need to spend $23k in order for the average to be your $47k.

However… You should know better about using your Model 3 pricing example. Because you should know that that’s the base price. Nobody buys a stripped down Tesla with a short range battery, single motor, and no options. The average selling price for a 2022 Model 3 from mid-March until a couple of days ago was about $61,500. That’s not far off from the max price of $64k and change. So as with all things BEV … rich man’s toys so far. People don’t want the cheap stuff when it comes to battery cars, so they buy ICE. We both seem to agree that government force will eventually fix that.

Even people buying the Model S don’t seem to have a high take rate on the base model either. I’m assuming you know this since you have one.

===

If you ever wind down enough to where you want to chat civilly about “the towing problem”, or why there aren’t any viable recreational planing hull boats, much less airliners, ping me. We can even do it by PM. Or about how to do your own BS testing of climate claims. You should never have to rely on blind faith.

-Peter
    Last edited by pcrussell50; 09-29-2022 at 01:34 PM.
    "padded wonder"
    17' boston whaler alert, 90 merc fourstroke
    13' boston whaler, 40hp yamaha

the dry:
    2003 bmw ///M5
    1993 mustang/griggs racing road race car
    and a handful of clunkers

2. Likes Mugs914 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow View Post
    ...I am done with this tired conversation.
    Welcome to the Tiki bar of neutral EQ

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And now California will ban natural gas fueled furnaces.

The have wild fires and don’t know why?

Its global warming!
    Not.

Like everything else in that slime pool of a state, they’re too busy preaching to actually study the facts.

Their state shares a lot of similarities w/Florida.
    But Fla does controlled burns to reduce/prevent wild fires.

Ca things trees are people, non gender identifying but people just the same…….

Yrs ago they talked about seceding from the union.

Lets send them a suit case!

What a fkg disaster you tree hugging idiots have created and supported while you drink $12 cups of fkg flavored coffee while having your car drive you to work.

Move to Ca and start your own country already!
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

5. Likes David - WI, Shaun K liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When so many people flee your state (CA) that you lose a congressional seat... you know you're doing more than a few things wrong!

Let's just go ahead and make America great again!

7. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are the individual states going to replace the lost fuel taxes?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    How are the individual states going to replace the lost fuel taxes?
    There will have to be some sort of "road tax" in the event that EV's ever become popular, mainstream transportation.

But, as of February EV‘s still accounted for less than 1% of the cars & light trucks on the road in the US... and considering the range/charging issues probably way under 1% of the miles driven.

10. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A new electric tax for everyone of course!!! Follow America down drain or be a plug and vote for policy changes we had under a real leader.

Joe

12. Likes David - WI, Instigator, CRH1 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ya'llz just to rocket surgery an progressive fer a krakka like me. just think I could live in a mid-western state .. thats on the eastern half of the country ..
    Where 30 -40 people get shot every night .. 75 on holliday weekends. Ya'll doin a fine job wiff ya edjumacation and crime prevention ..
    Thems the kind of folks I like to tell .. yes sir, yur turn is 7 miles before ya get to the bridge .. bless their hearts ...

I liked how one feller said (wiff out copy+paste) how he was gonna leave his place that got hit wiff 140 mph winds this morning, to go up to the St. Johns area to try to take advantage of someone who is seeing 50 mph winds between now and noon tomorrow .. special kind of logic right there ..ta git em to sell fer pennies on the dollar ..

I like how it was mentioned that if the power goes out, they is plenty of gas and generators ta go around .. ya'll gottta give me a minute my eyes is waterin .. and my sides is hurtin .. ya can't make that stuff up ...

So I had to run to the industrial complex this mornin. They was cars an trucks on US-1 , but I didn't see no cars and especially no electric $hiz-boxes on the back streets where they was some standin water .. Them e-letrik motors .. they like to run submerged do they ...
    How bout them new fangled big azz cell phone batterys .. they run cooler under water ??? Gotta hand it to them smart fellers for savin the planet and poisoning it at the same time .. "super-tards" them fellerz is ..

I remember campin as a kid. We had to use this stuff called kindling in order to git the fire started. Seems like no matter how long ya held a match to a log, darn thing wouldn't light ... I rekkon them fellers out west and some east of the west never went campin ..

I live in a place they call the "Treasure Coast" .. just south of me they call that area the "Gold Coast" . Seems that a bunch of ships were caught in some terrible storms and sunk .. but how could that be .. that was two ta three hunnert years before that industrial revolution come about. You know that one that produces all that food for trees to eat and produce oxygen ..

I ain't never been to Hi-Y-ee , but I'll bet the climate was purtty warm when all that molten lave flowed out .. that turned into to rock for folks to build they houses on..

I see no one met me at Stuart Beach after my doctor appt. like I asked. I was hope in to see one of you stop the ocean , and make it curl back the other way and roll out to sea ...
    Dimbiden .. is spendin $830,000,000,000.00 .. all that fool needs to do is go out there right now .. ole Ma Nature can do what she want's .. when she want's ... ain't a phukkin thing that no common horse thief can do about it ...

2.5 million people without power right now .. anyone know where I can plug in a POS Tesla for the next three weeks ... Pfffttttttt .... dip-squirts

14. Thanks David - WI thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I’m guessing even way before man the earth has always had just one consistent climate? LOl.
    Last edited by Stoker boy; 09-29-2022 at 01:37 PM.

16. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcrussell50 View Post
    If you ever wind down enough to where you want to chat civilly about “the towing problem”, or why there aren’t any viable recreational planing hull boats, much less airliners, ping me. We can even do it by PM. Or about how to do your own BS testing of climate claims. You should never have to rely on blind faith.

-Peter
    This offer still stands. Not only to Brad, but to anyone. There is much (most of it, really) in global warming that the ordinary person can look at and decide for himself, without having to rely on faith. I can help you plant your seeds and you can grow them any way you like. It might or might not change your mind, but at least you will have formed your own opinions from a position of being informed instead of from being told.

PM or out in the open. I'm good with either.

-Peter
    "padded wonder"
    17' boston whaler alert, 90 merc fourstroke
    13' boston whaler, 40hp yamaha

the dry:
    2003 bmw ///M5
    1993 mustang/griggs racing road race car
    and a handful of clunkers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoker boy View Post
    So I’m guessing even way before man the earth has always had just one consistent climate?
    I just saw last night on tv... at one point Kansas was 2500‘ underwater and then under 2 miles of ice... but we're in a panic because sea level could possibly rise 10 inches in the next 100 years?

19. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If humankind is responsible for abnormal climate change we are royally screwed
    Glaciers have been melting since 1900
    I saw several in the south of chili ,they put sticks where the glaciers ended during the last century
    So imagine 1.6 biljoen People using a candle or kerosine lamp
    As opposed to 8 biljoen people using 20 times the amount of energy per person more than a century ago
    But yes to reducing dependicy of fossil fuel as we are finding out the hard way in europe
    Guess we will have to wait and see what putin blows up next!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20220929-210909_Chrome.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of countries sitting on massive reserves of oil, gas, coal but are refusing to use them.

22. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David - WI View Post
    I just saw last night on tv... at one point Kansas was 2500‘ underwater and then under 2 miles of ice... but we're in a panic because sea level could possibly rise 10 inches in the next 100 years?
    It’s just my humble opinion the earth has always gone through cycles before man and it will continue after man. I wasn’t around then so I really don’t know for sure but I suspect.

24. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we know there have been multiple ice ages... and obviously warm periods (like the one we're in) in between... the climate changes constantly and naturally; and there's nothing puny humans can do about it.

26. Likes Instigator liked this post
Page 28 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 78 ... LastLast