Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvette View Post
    https://youtu.be/LaGFNWW5im8

I filmed this when he had the x motors

oh that’s awesome. I’ve actually watched that video a number of times. Great video and looks like a fun day.

I would chat with him for sure. I actually just got my humpback props back with a bit of added tip cup and it seems to have changed the whole feel of the boat. Shoots out of the hole. Great acceleration. I am going to remove the water ballasts tomorrow as it seems to be heavier in the front now and almost feels like bow steering with neutral trim.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with all that setback, 1in above is way to low imo. how much trim do you really need? i mean, do you need to have full tilt travel for trailering or at your dock? at running speed, those gearcases must be burried being that far back. not the same boat but i run 2 3\8 above the pad with 16in of setback on a 22 talon. i do have a transom pickup but i could run over 2in above even without it. you really need 20in mids and less setback on a boat like this. if your handling improved with the ballasts but you needed more trim to get some speed it kinda proves what i just said.

nice boat btw!
    1998 charger stv. 225 promax. -sold-

1993 22 talon. 2016 yamaha 200 SHO, nizpro tuned

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Porpoising is a common symptom of any high performance boat trying to find its own center of gravity (balance point). A simple experiment to try without playing with any of the set backs and boxes would be to place sand bags in the forward area of the boat floor and observe the results. Move the bags aft and observe the changes, etc. In high perf racing tunnels we never anchor anything down (fuel tanks, batteries, etc) until we find the sweet spot (center of gravity / balance point).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well just an update for everyone. Blew out the counter lower so it went in for repair on that and at the same time we removed the extension boxes on the motors to bring them back to 20”. I now have 1” below bottom with the jacks all the way down and then 5” up to play with. We also put the Hydrotek exhaust tuners on and so far the difference is unbelievable. The guys water tested it today and hit 100mph at 6100 with the 34p humpbacks. I put it in the water this evening and went for a quick solo rip with full tanks of fuel and the acceleration difference is just amazing. Haven’t topped it out yet myself as she got a bit cold here in Ontario today but the weekend looks good for some more playing and testing at different heights. At 2” above bottom, the water pressure is still reading 15-18 so there’s still some room to go up. Still a porpoise but seems to have calmed down quite a bit. Thanks all.

5. Likes sonicss33, Jimboat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a pair of 300xs on a 25' Motion. It took a lot of seat time, but I would put the boat in a gentle turn and power through. I think my setback was 10" with the prop centerlines 1 5/8" above. I tried turning props and out, I think I settled on turning them out. I also played around with toe in and toe out. I think I had 1/8" toe in, but I don't really remember. This was a pleasure boat, we didn't race it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkGYxpvWgwk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2