I have a year 2000 Opti 200hp motor. Last year at the end of the season I noticed water coming out from under the cover. It was my last run and I took the cover off to try and determine the location of the water. This spring I took the cover off and lower panels and noticed the water was coming out fo the upper motor mount holes. When I looked inside I noticed the water was coming off the drive shaft. If the motor is on the muffs we get very little if any water out fo this area. If the boat is in a bucket or in the lake we get quite a bit more. More RPM's is more water. So I did a little research and talked to a bunch of people and they suggested I replace the gaskets under the motor. So I ordered up new gaskets. When we pulled the powerhead that gasket was in good shape. The gasket below the tuner plate was leaking out the exhaust and did have a split in it. So I thought we had found the problem. Put the boat back in the water today and it is the same as before. I pulled the lower unit, pulled the water pump and everything seemed OK. I did not have new gaskets on hand so I had to put it together with the same parts. Put it back together and same issue again. I am about to loose my mind as I just can't figure out what my next move should be. I am going to put a hose to the tube over the water pump tomorrow and see if the same thing happens with the water coming in that way. I am assuming not. I think the water is getting around the water pump somehow but can't figure out how for the life of me. Someone on another site said shift shaft but that does not seem like it would be the issue? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any ideas!