Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Set of cleavers wanted

Looking for a clean set of cleavers could be 3 or 4 blades 14 1/2 or 15 by 32 or 34 let me know what you got. Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a set of nice shape Mercury 32's bumped up to 34.in the prop for sale section.thanks Tim

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a pair of 4 blade humpback cleavers. They are 32's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have pairs of Mercury lab finish 15x30 32 34 and28 props three blade
    Last edited by butlerserviceco; 02-16-2024 at 02:45 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would contact Spinelli Bros. As they still build new custom cleavers.
    Spinelli just relocated to their new research and manufacturing facility in Charlotte, NC.
    They also repaired my old Mercury set that I now have for back up.
    my new custom made Spinelli cleavers picked up 5MPH over my old Mercury set and are jewelry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's someone on here selling several sets of merc clevers. 30 to 34 I think. Spinelli screwed me hard. Prop broke in first hour and had huge porous holes in the casting. After I sent him the prop, per his request, he told me I hit something. From 700 miles away he knew this. Would not send me the broken prop back or offer even a partial refund.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200625_190716.jpg   20200625_185928.jpg  
    Bullet CC w/ 225 Promax - Sold
    STV ProComp w/ 225 Promax
    STV Procomp with 280
    25 Liberator "The Battleship"
    Blazer 650 Pro Tour

7. Thanks OnPad thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerNewb View Post
    There's someone on here selling several sets of merc clevers. 30 to 34 I think. Spinelli screwed me hard. Prop broke in first hour and had huge porous holes in the casting. After I sent him the prop, per his request, he told me I hit something. From 700 miles away he knew this. Would not send me the broken prop back or offer even a partial refund.
    Oh great; one boat tard against decades of the best props ever produced.
    Spinelli is the only propellers that my father ran and his buddy’s and it’s all me and my buddy’s run now with no issues and the best performance.
    must be something you did as they have always stood behind their work for us.
    Get over yourself….

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirlrgestjohnson View Post
    Oh great; one boat tard against decades of the best props ever produced.
    Spinelli is the only propellers that my father ran and his buddy’s and it’s all me and my buddy’s run now with no issues and the best performance.
    must be something you did as they have always stood behind their work for us.
    Get over yourself….
    Hey there Cirl... Nice to meet you. Just sharing an experience. You know they've changed ownership, castings etc. I'm glad you've had great experience. I did not. And to refuse to return my paid for prop, albeit broken, is not acceptable. I paid for it, I own it. Would have been garage wall art if nothing else. I gave him over a year to send my prop back before I said anything about it to anybody publicly. Anyhow, I've never seen a broken prop with so many voids in the casting. Happy boating. Over and out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails broken prop lg.jpg  
    STV Procomp with 280
    Blazer 650 Pro Tour

10. Thanks OnPad thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there Cirl... Nice to meet you. Just sharing an experience. You know they've changed ownership, castings etc. I'm glad you've had great experience. I did not. And to refuse to return my paid for prop, albeit broken, is not acceptable. I paid for it, I own it. Would have been garage wall art if nothing else. I gave him over a year to send my prop back before I said anything about it to anybody publicly. Anyhow, I've never seen a broken prop with so many voids in the casting. Happy boating. Over and out.
    Actually gave Spinelli Bros. a call today as my son just bought a performance boat that we need a new high performance propeller for.
    Had a conversation directly with Doug who has owned Spinelli Bros. Since 2012 and spent over 10 years working directly with the previous originating owners the Spinelli’s in the manufacturing facility.
    He stated that Spinelli still uses the original tooling and has researched and developed new designs to serve the new engine technology.
    Also he stated that Spinelli still uses most of the same vendors for tooling and manufacturing that has been in place since Spinelli opened 51 years ago.
    To address your comment on voids in castings.
    That is normal for investment castings.
    If you desire solid metal that would have to be made from billet SS material being personally in metal fabrication industry.
    He also stated that if Spinelli does not receive requested payments for return shipping
    On propellers that cannot be repaired they get scrapped after a year and he said you fall in that category.
    Hope this helps you find some peace and we should all be thankful that Spinelli is still serving the marine industry as I’m sure you are aware there are very few manufacturers left and only Spinelli Bros. Build custom propellers VS “rent this and try it”
    I actually enjoy supporting them with my business and have never been let down.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked for the prop back immediately and many times. Doug never responded.

Glad you're happy with him and his operation.

To the OP, look in props for sale. There's a guy selling 4 or 5 sets. At least there was a few days ago. His pricing was fair.

Happy boating to all.
    STV Procomp with 280
    Blazer 650 Pro Tour

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have pairs of 15x28 32 32 and 34s send email for pictures 3blade mercury lab props
    Last edited by butlerserviceco; 02-15-2024 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked for the prop back immediately and many times. Doug never responded.

Glad you're happy with him and his operation.

To the OP, look in props for sale. There's a guy selling 4 or 5 sets. At least there was a few days ago. His pricing was fair.

Happy boating to all.
    As stated before you must not have sent Spinelli the requested payment for return shipping as Doug stated; so the blame falls squarely on your shoulders in my opinion.
    you should not blame others for your lack in performance.
    Old propellers are dangerous at speed as the metal gets brittle over time (precipitous Hardening) and come apart much easier than new freshly cast more ductile propellers, beware.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated before you must not have sent Spinelli the requested payment for return shipping as Doug stated; so the blame falls squarely on your shoulders in my opinion.
    you should not blame others for your lack in performance.
    Old propellers are dangerous at speed as the metal gets brittle over time (precipitous Hardening) and come apart much easier than new freshly cast more ductile propellers, beware.
    Funny stuff. And thank you for the lecture. For someone with ZERO first hand knowledge, you are quite sure of yourself.

As previously stated, the prop was NEW. Or supposed to be new. As previously stated, I immediately asked for the prop to be returned REPEATEDLY. In writing and voicemails. Doug DID NOT RESPOND. He DID NOT ask for shipping payment. HE DID NOT RESPOND. Understand??

See https://www.screamandfly.com/showthr...lli-Experience if you want more of the story. Keep in mind, I waited over a YEAR to say anything publicly that identified the prop as spinelli. With REPEATED requests, all ignored, for the prop to be returned or a partial refund.

Cirl..., you're calling me a liar amongst other things. I will defend myself against such nonsense. Doug will not and cannot produce anything showing he asked for return shipping payment. If he told you he did, he's not speaking the truth. HE DID NOT RESPOND. Yeah, I'm repeating myself as it seems this fact is difficult to comprehend or accept.

The attached screenshots speak for themselves. There's plenty more. Cirl... please produce EVIDENCE that I was asked for shipping payment or DROP IT. It would have to be AI generated. Haha.

My apologies to the OP for muddying up your thread. I hope you find what you're looking for.

I'm out of here as no further response is warranted. Looking forward to the weekend and Happy Boating to All!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails text 1.jpg   text 7.jpg   text 2.jpg   text 3.jpg   text 6.jpg  

text 5.jpg   text 4.jpg  
    STV Procomp with 280
    Blazer 650 Pro Tour

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny stuff. And thank you for the lecture. For someone with ZERO first hand knowledge, you are quite sure of yourself.

As previously stated, the prop was NEW. Or supposed to be new. As previously stated, I immediately asked for the prop to be returned REPEATEDLY. In writing and voicemails. Doug DID NOT RESPOND. He DID NOT ask for shipping payment. HE DID NOT RESPOND. Understand??

See https://www.screamandfly.com/showthr...lli-Experience if you want more of the story. Keep in mind, I waited over a YEAR to say anything publicly that identified the prop as spinelli. With REPEATED requests, all ignored, for the prop to be returned or a partial refund.

Cirl..., you're calling me a liar amongst other things. I will defend myself against such nonsense. Doug will not and cannot produce anything showing he asked for return shipping payment. If he told you he did, he's not speaking the truth. HE DID NOT RESPOND. Yeah, I'm repeating myself as it seems this fact is difficult to comprehend or accept.

The attached screenshots speak for themselves. There's plenty more. Cirl... please produce EVIDENCE that I was asked for shipping payment or DROP IT. It would have to be AI generated. Haha.

My apologies to the OP for muddying up your thread. I hope you find what you're looking for.

I'm out of here as no further response is warranted. Looking forward to the weekend and Happy Boating to All!!!
    That’s it; run from the truth at the end…lol
    pretty sure AI quantum computer would put your story at a disadvantage.
    Just hate to see one lunatic attack a premier service provider to the performance boating community.
    keep repeating your lies to yourself as you can see nobody else is complaining but you.
    The way I look at it after 50 years in Business like Spinelli Bros. Has been all businesses run into a nut job.
    I would challenge you to produce proof that you did send payment for return shipping.
    why would any business agree to ship things for free unless advertised so.
    Your story does not match up.
    Every propeller I have purchased from Spinelli Bros. Has actual shipping expense added to the service cost even for propeller tuning shipments.
    who ever the moderator is of this web site should remove your nonsense as it’s just dishonest.
    maybe that’s why you click on supporting Vendors their web page does not exist anymore and have been out of business for a decade.
    your username fits you to a T…

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s it; run from the truth at the end…lol
    pretty sure AI quantum computer would put your story at a disadvantage.
    Just hate to see one lunatic attack a premier service provider to the performance boating community.
    keep repeating your lies to yourself as you can see nobody else is complaining but you.
    The way I look at it after 50 years in Business like Spinelli Bros. Has been all businesses run into a nut job.
    I would challenge you to produce proof that you did send payment for return shipping.
    why would any business agree to ship things for free unless advertised so.
    Your story does not match up.
    Every propeller I have purchased from Spinelli Bros. Has actual shipping expense added to the service cost even for propeller tuning shipments.
    who ever the moderator is of this web site should remove your nonsense as it’s just dishonest.
    maybe that’s why you click on supporting Vendors their web page does not exist anymore and have been out of business for a decade.
    your username fits you to a T…
    well said Cirlrgestjohnson…
    went around the block with Dangernewb a while back.
    can’t fix stupid
    Spinelli Bros. Does all my propeller work as well and the only true high performance Custom propeller manufacturing/tuning/repair facility.
    My friends and I have purchased propellers from Spinelli Bros. for decades; the performance and quality is incredible…; never disappointed.
    Thank god Doug at Spinelli picked up the reins to still serve the high performance boating community and have been working with him for over a decade.