Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Time is like a roll of toilet paper ... the closer to the end .. the faster it seems to go ..

Shoe box at the "Marinamahaul" is what 10,000 sq feet ..

36' to run with STV's .. kinda like Hulk Hogan at a midget convention .. no ???

I have to set some parameters :

I ain't sittin next to CRUD ...

I ain't sittin facin the motors ..

If I start gettin sea~sick listening to a pair of sewing machines .. you gotta let me play some dyno pulls on Y-tube ... while under-way ..

Even though it's your turn .. I gotta buy lunch ..

I'll call ya, I need to know what my end of the gas bill is gonna be .. I might not can afford to hang with ya .. no moe

David .. I seen a saw~bones yesterday. He agreed to try a outpatient Outha scope procedure on the worst one first .. in the middle of August .

Comadore .. thanks for speakin up .. what does that add to the cost of a "repower" .. honest question ???

I will cost you nothing. Democrats don't ride with me so no worry about Jim. You will be in the "wind free zone" fronts seats only. If Scott isn't done with it we have a couple more options for boats to take.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brad not to get off topic but would you recommend tradewinds for rigging up jackplates and motors on a 24 skater? Who did yours?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thelake View Post
    Brad not to get off topic but would you recommend tradewinds for rigging up jackplates and motors on a 24 skater? Who did yours?
    There isn't much they can't do. That being said, Brad, Kirk, and I pretty much do all our own rigging and motor swaps now. It's extremely simple especially with the new rigging these motors use.

Jr.
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Current Ride - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

4. Likes scott reierson liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys thinking this over some more, my boat is a F26 with 300XS tuned runs so so awsome like a street bike on the water with blue printed bottom and gear cases shes fun!! I would love 400Rs on her but you guys think the weight would be to much for the F26?

Thank you
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could put some 2 inch spacers in between the motors and setback. The spacers would make the motors seem heavier and also help with your rigging tube clearance. If the handling characteristics feel positive to you then the potential for a heavier motor on the bracket is a possibility. The spacers are not crazy expensive, but if you don't have longe enough steering hoses it makes it more expensive to try them
    Last edited by kct11; 07-12-2022 at 08:34 PM.

7. Likes skydog liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kct11 View Post
    You could put some 2 inch spacers in between the motors and setback. The spacers would make the motors seem heavier and also help with your rigging tube clearance. If the handling characteristics feel positive to you then the potential for a heavier motor on the bracket is a possibility. The spacers are not crazy expensive, but if you don't have longe enough steering hoses it makes it more expensive to try them
    Very good thinking the hoses are long enough for sure! Might give your idea a shot!

Thanks ��
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

9. Likes kct11 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well guys after lots of thinking and reading i am going with the 300Rs i hope i will not be disappointed, one of the biggest factors is the weight i really dont think the F26 really wants much more weight on the transom, 2nd the rigging will be so clean thats one of my favorite things about the boat its so so clean so pretty much plug and play! 3rd I can find the 300Rs LOL and of course cost is a winner! Thanks for all the info guys

Skydog
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well guys sorry to bring back from the dead but the time has come I just want to make sure I do the right engines!! So my 300XS are sold so it's time 300R'S or 400Rs! I was sold on the 300R'S for weight and clean install but just worried I will not be happy with top end gains over the 300XS. I get mixed information some say 8-10 other's 3-5 and then 0 mph. I know speed is really in the setup and I know the boat with the 300XS was setup very very well so I feel top speed gains with the 300R could be very minimal lots of money for no top end gains would suck! LOL Going with 400Rs I would redo setup big time way less set back & I know after getting it right top speed gains would be big!! My last question what is everything I would need for the 300XS to 400Rs swap? All new harnesses, DTS controls? The boat now has two small round vessel views can those and all other gauges stay, my helm with my electric power steering and is all my fuel system be fine?
    Thanks Guy's!!!!
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are your goals, would you be happy with only a 5-8mph increase in top speed and a very noticeable increase in acceleration. Or do you really want 10-15mph. It’s going to be quicker and quieter either way.

But I think you want the big number and as great as the new 300r is, you are stuck to go 400r. I would often ask if you have a budget as well, but I feel like money is not the priority in this project.
    08 Checkmate 2100br 250xs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by altamate View Post
    What are your goals, would you be happy with only a 5-8mph increase in top speed and a very noticeable increase in acceleration. Or do you really want 10-15mph. It’s going to be quicker and quieter either way.

But I think you want the big number and as great as the new 300r is, you are stuck to go 400r. I would often ask if you have a budget as well, but I feel like money is not the priority in this project.
    Hello man yeah 5-8mpd would make me happy for sure and like you said all the other benefits that come with the new four-stroke!!! I would do 400Rs for sure but now more scared the boat can not handle the weight not structure but balance yeah for the money it is what it is I guess. Thanks for taking the time!
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can shift weight from the stern to the bow and take out some of the motor setback. I don’t know what kind of jack plates if any you have. Bob’s recommends a larger jack plate for the 400r than the 300xs. I think that you can figure out how to balance the boat and rig the boat. I know that the 400’ s will be quieter than the 2 strokes and typically are 5-10 MPH faster depending on propping and setup.

Formerly Central WI/LOTO Currently PHX AZ
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mechanical 300R’s will be the least change for rigging and will run very respectable on your hull.

DTS 300R’s or 400R’s have nicer throttle feel because you’re digitally requesting engine response vs the slop and drag of cables which in turn get converted to digital request anyway under the cowl.

I know Tony and crew at DCB set a hull like yours up with 400R’s around 2018-2019 timeframe and it ran 129 best.

Generally the 5.44 Sportmaster cases like to be somewhere between 1-7/8” to 2-1/4” propshaft height turning out. I usually start at 2-1/8” and it gets you right in the sweet spot without getting greedy.

Good luck with your quest and please keep us posted on what you decide and results.
    A problem is only a problem when viewed as a problem...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guy's for all the information and time! I decided to sell the DCB and go a hole diffrent boat with 400Rs all set up, the DCB rigging was spotless and ran very very well with the XS and did not want to mess that up.

Thank you guy's ��
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

17. Likes HydroSkreamin liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2