Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 300XS TO 400R/450R swap plug and play pretty much?

Guys i was woundering if the wire harness are the same and if it is pretty much plug and play from a 300XS to a 400R or 450R?

Thank you Skydog
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The 300XS is a mechanical shifted engine and the 450R is electronic. 450 uses a rigging hub inside boat the XS does not use plus some others

3. Likes skydog, Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't forget the $900.00 harness adapter .. as if $60,000.00 + for an outboard motor isn't enough ...

5. Likes skydog, sonicss33, Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you are going to a 450, it will be a complete rerig from the fuel lines, to battery and battery cables, to the harnessing in the boat

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Don't forget the $900.00 harness adapter .. as if $60,000.00 + for an outboard motor isn't enough ...
    Why are you paying so much for all of your motors? I have five 450's and have paid no where near your price quotes.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brother, you got the wrong guy ... I spend Zero on them.

You yourself said ... Supply and demand, MSRP ++++

So which is it .. cany have it both ways ..

Now if you are comparing average Joe, to super sales Joe .. you have to amortize in travel, wining~dining, sell X get one free, you still have to count the hours of your time invested ... when the smoke clears and the scabs on your elbows heal from hob~nobing with the elite .. you might have more than 60K invested ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let me know when you are ready and you won't need the prices you quote. No hob-nobing, just a phone call to order or see if anyone else is stepping out of the line. If you spend zero on them then why do you quote prices? A new gulfstream is 60M but there is NO need for me to discuss them if I am not an owner or want to be an owner.

There is a run in your backyard coming up in two weeks, we hope to make it down and play. If you want to ride, I will bring the big boat and you are welcomed to experience the more recent product first hand. Everyone that has been out with us quickly becomes a porkchop fan.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The little jumper harness .. is just insult to injury .. no matter what the price ..

I got a new phone today. Still with Central Fla. cellular/ Nextel/ Sprint/T-Mobile and whoever else they have been. Lowered my bill $40.00, waved the $60 update fee. Gave me an Otterbox and a charger .. only paid the tax .. see the difference.

Scott offered to do some work on my hull. But he insisted on turning it up~side~down. He said Gil might be willing to do it right side up .. and that I could use a spot either way. I really don't have the time to travel and or be away from the shop during the week.

Built some stands and gantry's ..

I have a guy that comes in on the weekends to give me a hand ... The professor was right .. ever tried painting up side down ..

I spoke to a friend of Todd's .. yours ... and mine .. from Alabama a couple weeks ago .. I said hey brother, long time no speak. He goes welp brother thats cuz I spent the last ten years just tryin to stay alive ... I dont have it as bas as him, but I can relate.

I really do appreciate the offer and hope to be able to whup .. err .. take you up on it some day ..

Wednesday .. I go see the guy who is going to fix my shoulder .. Bone spurs .. arteritis, joint degeration and four tares in the rotator cuff .. "reverse rotator cuff replacement". Sounds pretty serious to me ..

See the bicycle chain in my neck .. the two guys above it are bulging and herniated .. thumpin across waves is not in my immediate future .. but I haven't lost my dreams or desires for the days ahead ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is why we need to do it now. Gil has been gone for two years already and Scott has rented all of his space other then a little shoe box that he works out of for his personal projects. Unfortunately none of us are getting any younger and the clock doesn't stop. If I bring the 36, I can guarantee that we won't hit a wave that you will feel between Roland's and Ft. Myers. I would love to have you see what all the fuss is about with these new motors and why people are willing to pay what it takes to own them.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chaz, good luck with the shoulder. I have had rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders. 30+ years of masters swimming takes a toll. The key is to do the physio. I did mobility exercises daily and physio 5X per week. I can remember a woman doing physio beside me saying that she could not do all that work. I guess she can live with limited shoulder mobility.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did someone mention you will need new digital DTS shifter and throttles? New harness and I do not think analog gauges work with the 450 or 400. You might need to upgrade to screens. Big project. The nice part it is plug and play. Rigging is easier. The performance increase will amaze you. There is a big difference between the 450 and 400. The 450 accelerates much harder. The 400's feel lazy but they are fast.

14. Likes skydog liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Brad I think I am going with 400s love that engine! Plus in the used market about 1/2 the cost I don't think the 450Rs is worth that much more. Yes they are king I know but 400Rs over the 300xs will be a nice up grade! You trust anyone to do the swap on a perfect/mint DCB F26?
    Thanks Matt
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tradewinds Marine in Antioch. They are a Mercury Racing authorized dealer.

17. Likes skydog liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    This is why we need to do it now. Gil has been gone for two years already and Scott has rented all of his space other then a little shoe box that he works out of for his personal projects. Unfortunately none of us are getting any younger and the clock doesn't stop. If I bring the 36, I can guarantee that we won't hit a wave that you will feel between Roland's and Ft. Myers. I would love to have you see what all the fuss is about with these new motors and why people are willing to pay what it takes to own them.

Joe
    Time is like a roll of toilet paper ... the closer to the end .. the faster it seems to go ..

Shoe box at the "Marinamahaul" is what 10,000 sq feet ..

36' to run with STV's .. kinda like Hulk Hogan at a midget convention .. no ???

I have to set some parameters :

I ain't sittin next to CRUD ...

I ain't sittin facin the motors ..

If I start gettin sea~sick listening to a pair of sewing machines .. you gotta let me play some dyno pulls on Y-tube ... while under-way ..

Even though it's your turn .. I gotta buy lunch ..

I'll call ya, I need to know what my end of the gas bill is gonna be .. I might not can afford to hang with ya .. no moe

David .. I seen a saw~bones yesterday. He agreed to try a outpatient Outha scope procedure on the worst one first .. in the middle of August .

Comadore .. thanks for speakin up .. what does that add to the cost of a "repower" .. honest question ???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow View Post
    Tradewinds Marine in Antioch. They are a Mercury Racing authorized dealer.
    Awesome thank you!
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast