Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine did. I jumped in multiple times from different angles. Every time, I floated like a stick bobber in the wind, head never in the water. How the hell you would float face down is beyond me, when the majority of your flotation is in the front. Granted, unconscious, your heads gonna lay to one side or the other.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote from the CG. "Life jackets should be readily available and cannot be stowed or locked inside compartments or plastic bags."

3. Likes 99fxst99 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should is the key word... been though that with the FAA and other govt orgs, should is recommended shall or must and they got ya.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by H2OPERF View Post
    Should is the key word... been though that with the FAA and other govt orgs, should is recommended shall or must and they got ya.
    "Life jackets should be readily available and cannot be stowed or locked inside compartments or plastic bags."
    "cannot" follows and trumps "should"
    18 Talon/2.4 carb SOLD
    26 Deck Boat/250 Merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What open fisherman has the jackets out side of a compartment, and like chaz said they sell em in a zippered bag...typical govt bull shizit, written so they can hang you when things go wrong... like when they show at the ramp for a courtesy inspection, Nope not today.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by H2OPERF View Post
    What open fisherman has the jackets out side of a compartment, and like chaz said they sell em in a zippered bag...typical govt bull shizit, written so they can hang you when things go wrong... like when they show at the ramp for a courtesy inspection, Nope not today.
    No kidding. Just throw them all over the floor of the boat.
    Bullet CC w/ 225 Promax - Sold
    STV ProComp w/ 225 Promax
    STV Procomp with 280
    25 Liberator "The Battleship"
    Blazer 650 Pro Tour

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whut Bradly is triing tu say is ... he looks like a convict ..

But lets do break it down :

Miami Dave has already defined "should" .

As well as explaining how people living in a "free state", respond ...

Quote from the CG. "Life jackets should be readily available /

Readily available : Is that a time / distance / or both equation .???

and cannot be stowed or locked inside compartments or plastic bags."

Under the deck is "stowed in plain sight" ...

Hole on officer, I gotta call home ta see if my ball~N~chain re-members the combo-nation to this here master lock .. yup, some one thay ad-vertize on the Superbowl TV show ..

Plastic BagS : cordin to da law , ifin they aint individually wrapped like Merican cheeze .. it's OK ta pack em all in one bag, like a pack ah bologna .

Ann here I wuz likin the idear of tyin a rope ta each one ,, an throwin em on the floor, like what waz recc-O-mended ..

Less see whut West Marine say on they interweb-sight :

Product Overview

EXXEL OUTDOORS Type II Life Jackets, 4-Pack
    One buckle donning, 200D Oxford Poly, US Coast Guard Type II Rated Vest, 4 pack plus PE bag for easy storage.

Sum-b*****'s , done cut one out the bag and went up $10.00 ******* dollars.

Charlie, how many USCG approved , wearable , floatation devises do you have onboard ..???

Nine sir .. wait , Sarge is that you, **** a bunch of life rafts .. Lets go outside , drop the 50 cal. in the post hole .. and burn thru a few dozen ammo boxes .. Then I'll take you guys ta Little Jim's for some pork sammichs and boiled peanuts ..

9. Likes hydrochicken, Baker343 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chaz you are a weird guy. I am simply stating what the Coast Guard regs are and what an actual CG officer told me during an inspection. If you want to feel West Marine is the authority on storing jackets, I say go for it.

11. Likes mikesufka, WaterZebra, John S liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow View Post
    Chaz you are a weird guy. I am simply stating what the Coast Guard regs are and what an actual CG officer told me during an inspection. If you want to feel West Marine is the authority on storing jackets, I say go for it.
    Ohh, I'm much weirder than you can imagine ..

But see how I respond to question's asked of me, or statement made in my direction. There are pages and pages of ducking away, denial and basic ***** boy 101 moments .... in multiple threads .. by a certain click. I won't mention which one, cuz, well, I'm much too classy ..

There has to be a reason why you have been pulled over by law enforcement a dozen times or more. I gave one example.. with, naturally no response. Generally, when someone ignores a question ... it's because it's true.
    You could have said, my boats have usually been loud, my paint schemes are too bold or brazen. See what I mean .... convict

I made a statement about there being a five or six pack of cheap life jackets in a clear plastic easy open /see thru bag under the deck .

If you responded to help me learn the law .. then thank you .....

I have a feeling it was a weak attempt, meant more as a got-cha moment ...

I see you also failed to respond to the question : How many center console / open fish boats do you see with "exposed" life jackets .. ?? Here I'll help you .. none.

It's so much of a non-issue .. that sellers such as west marine advertise theirs as being neatly packaged for convenient stowage.
    Quite a leap to suggest I would use them as a legal team. Nice try though ...

Jackets just thrown in a cubby or a corner .. usually cone out moldy, with the straps all intertwined in a knot. Pee~Uee

Lastly, I cant help but think that the reason it was explained to you that life jackets need to be readily available ... is because .... yours were not ..
    Did you get a ticket, or a warning ... ??????????????????????????????????????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CRUD,

You have so much to offer, that lacks common sense ..

Now take your TDS meds ..

ChaZooooommmm ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffen View Post
    Hi.

Does Lifeline jackets turn you around if you get unconscious ? In Norway approved lifejackets need to turn you around with your face in the free within seconds.

Cheeers, Toffen.

Some years back a friend of mine was racing in the Parker Enduro, he was ejected from the boat and was floating face down. His lifeline DID NOT flip him over. A fellow racer stopped and assisted him, saved his life.

15. Thanks Lake X Kid, rgsauger thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never knew of lifeline jackets until i joined this board. I was an avid water skier and did some completely bonkers stuff behind some fast boats and had many wipeouts and had no problems with four buckle ski jackets done up tight. They have to be done up tight though.

far as i understand a “life jacket” is the term for jackets with the floatation behind the head and neck. All others are pfd’s. Real life jackets are cumbersome

lifelines look very similar to a good ski jacket with a crotch strap unless im missing something?
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=LakeFever;3344318]I never knew of lifeline jackets until i joined this board. I was an avid water skier and did some completely bonkers stuff behind some fast boats and had many wipeouts and had no problems with four buckle ski jackets done up tight. They have to be done up tight though.

far as i understand a “life jacket” is the term for jackets with the floatation behind the head and neck. All others are pfd’s. Real life jackets are cumbersome

lifelines look very similar to a good ski jacket with a crotch strap unless im missing something?[/QUOTE

lifeline jackets are much more robust that competition waterski jackets. I and many other comp skiers have broken several ribs from skiing impact with the water. I don’t think a Lifeline jacket would allow that at the 60 to 70 mph achieved a the wake crossing.

18. Likes LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive never seen a lifeline in person either. Ill certainly be looking close when i do
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to have an expert that knows more than God. God just suggested there is reason I have been safety checked so often. We boat in an area of Lake Michigan and the Illinois Chain-O-Lakes that is very busy and enforced with many Coast Guard boats, IDNR, and County Sheriff water patrols. Many times they are sitting at the launch ramps doing spot checks. We are in the busiest waterway in the country. Performance boats and pontoons with kids are easy targets. They are looking for OUI's on the go fast boats and kids not wearing jackets or not enough jackets on pontoons. I have never failed a test yet. I actually encourage the checks as so many people do not a clue about water safety. When I was Commodore of the Northern Illinois Offshore Club with 250 members we invited the CG to our events for free volunteer checks. Many people liked it as they would not issue a ticket if a violation was found and would simply ask that it be corrected ASAP.
    Jackets can be stored under seats or compartments that are not locked and easily accessible is the key word. They can not be in cute plastic bags.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast