Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys just need to give a big thank you to everyone for there input as i have successfully removed the oil injection system and mixed 50to1 and she runs idles better and runs smoother starts easier and less smoke as im only running in tank at moment as i want to do one thing at time and test the results ?next il remove the black box (my motor only has one box) so im still strugling & trying to read exact info regarding the wiring when i remove it, also does anyone have a link or part no or any info on where i can get a workshop manual for my merc 200 carbed 1987 a PDF would be ideal for me but i cannot find anything for my exact engine. thank you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys just need to give a big thank you to everyone for there input as i have successfully removed the oil injection system and mixed 50to1 and she runs idles better and runs smoother starts easier and less smoke as im only running in tank at moment as i want to do one thing at time and test the results ?next il remove the black box (my motor only has one box) so im still strugling & trying to read exact info regarding the wiring when i remove it, also does anyone have a link or part no or any info on where i can get a workshop manual for my merc 200 carbed 1987 a PDF would be ideal for me but i cannot find anything for my exact engine. thank you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbymad View Post
    You will not find exact manual for just your engine, it will cover all V6's. Merc part number 90-814098 or 90-97658-3 will cover your engine.

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"

4. Thanks hobbymad thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "black boxes" modify timing by moving the bias voltage one way or t-other. Just remove them. You will find the bias wire goes to a screw with a jumper to the other swichbox. Leave that jumper in place. It synchronizes the switchbox timing.
    To fish or not to fish? What a STUPID question.

6. Thanks hobbymad thanked for this post
    Likes rgsauger liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi j-Martin thanks for info but when you say boxes I only have one box on port side it has 3 wires going to switch boxes and 2 wires from motion sensor going into it plus ground wire so everyone talks about removing the box’s but I only have one on my engine? Is this unusual am I the only one with a merc that only has one box or is it different because mine is an Australia model? I’m bit confused

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditch that box
    1990 Shadow bass boat w/ 2.4 200 Merc. Totally resto'd boat and love it!

9. Thanks hobbymad thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "black boxes", ie the idle stabilizer and spark advance modules are small, usually sit on top of the engine, and have 3 wires, a ground, and 2 that go to the switch boxes, one to a stator wire, and one to a bias terminal. Normal count is 0 to 2. In other words they may or may not be installed.

The box you describe must be the oil alert module. It should have a ground wire, 1 wire to the oil tank cap sensor, 2 wires to the motion sensor, and 3 across the top to 12V, the alarm circuit, and a switch box coil terminal. Remove it.
    To fish or not to fish? What a STUPID question.

11. Thanks hobbymad thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2