Sick of whiners crying about what is wrong with the site. So I thought I would post what I think is right about the site. About a month or so ago I posted looking for some 3.0 lower parts. I explained it was for a disabled Marine and that I was not looking for charity just good affordable parts. A couple members stepped up and displayed what is right about this site.
At times we need to all step back look at what this place has provided for us hotrods. I now have friends around the country I would have otherwise never known. I can find info and parts that in my area have zero relevance and would be impossible to source. The knowledge gained is astounding. Many have donated info very freely and it has advanced the sport for many. We must also look at some of the personal trials and tribulations members have had and unsurprisingly many have came to the call and helped in whatever way they could. I am proud to be a member in such a group.
When I was asked if I would be willing to work on the disabled vet's boat I jumped at the opportunity. This fellow is a 30 something disabled Marine that had his legs blown off by an IED while in Afghanistan. If you did not see the lower half of this man you would never know he had any issues. Very pleasant man with a great attitude. He and one of his veteran friends tournament fish together and have started an organization called Hooah Healing Of Our American Heroes. They travel to hunting and fishing trade shows selling t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc in order to raise money to provide services some of them sorely need. Their website, and I hope I got this correct, is hooahdeerhuntforheroes.com in case anyone wants to check it out.
Now for the reason for this post. Two of our members read my parts request and helped out. I removed the injectors and sent them to CCMS for cleaning and since the motor had eaten a belt ingesting much of it the reeds needed replaced. He returned the injectors and the reeds then donated a set of stuffers. Jacob Avery said he had the seal holder and the driveshaft. He sent the seal holder (new from Merc) and disassembled a lower unit to get me the driveshaft I needed. It was from a 25" so it was sent to CCMS to be cut and re-splined. He would not take any money other than shipping. This is what's right about this site.

Rock