Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ecu just runs the fuel side of things.
    Your trigger times your injector pulse first going to control module and then to ecu your cdm's also go to your control module and are also timed off of trigger. In my mind if you tested cdm's, trigger, and did a bias test on control module, you have done what you can to find the problem in that circuit. You might want to test your voltage regulators while your checking things out. With all that said, the ECU drivers for injectors, and fuel pump have a history of failure.

Disclaimer: No warranty on my opinion.

Thanks for sharing your problem. I now have a place to start looking on that motor I bought for cheap, last year.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=80Grady;3328883] I have recently noticed that when it won't go above 3k, it is then physically difficult to get back into neutral? I have to almost force it back. Sometimes it even rev's up when it finally gets into neutral and then drops back down to normal idle rpms after a second or so.

May sound silly but have you completely ruled out linkage as a possible issue. Maybe have someone watch mechanism as you move control. Just recently wasted about 8 hours on a control box that would move the cable one time but not the next. I am not suggesting it is in the controls but it is possible something in the system on the motor is not moving as freely as it should. Have also seen screws from stator catch trigger occasionally stopping travel one time but not the next. Good luck.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    long shot but you are using resistor plugs!?
    and the cdm ignition is a complete system
    so the flywheel (trigger magnets are arranged differently) trigger base belong to each other and cannot be interchanged with the older ADI system
    changing parts until you find the culprit is unfortunatly the mercury way of repairing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update- I bit the bullet and purchased a new Brucato ACU.
    Installed it and regapped the plugs to their specs. Finally had decent enough weather to test it on Saturday.
    She seemed to cold start easier than in the past, so that was nice. Ran her for about an hour thru all different rpms along with stopping and letting it just idle occasionally before going again. Was unable to reproduce any of the previous issues during my time out there. It did seem to have a slight hesitation/ rough running around 2k when slowly accelerating. If I gave it a tad more throttle to go above 2k then backed back down, she was smooth, but slowly going from idle to 2k would get rough when I hit the 2k mark. Otherwise, she ran great. I'm hesitant to get too excited since my original issue was intermittent, but fingers crossed this was my only gremlin.
    Last edited by 80Grady; 04-11-2022 at 07:49 PM.

5. Likes OnPad liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wound up letting her run on a portable tank with some injector cleaner and the idle seemed to smooth out a bit and the 2k hesitation is barely noticeable anymore. I took her out and ran it through all different RPM ranges and so far, so good. She ran smooth and no bogging or abnormalities. I didn't notice any difference in fuel usage or power feel, but it does accelerate like new again. Unfortunately while running wide open for a bit to check my max RPM, I think a rectifier blew. I was running about 5400 RPM and suddenly lost my tach. Checked my voltage and found that to have dropped from 14.3 to 12.6. when I got back, I switched the tach to the other rectifier and it started working fine again. Both rectifiers were replaced last season along with the stator. (all CDI parts). No blown fuses under cowling, battery connections are tight with no signs of corrosion. Just a bad rectifier, or should I check something else before replacement?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All signs point to rectifier.
    With the problems you have had with your ecm, and now with rectifier. It might be a good idea to make sure you don't have continuity between your positive cable and ground.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll check that before replacement.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3