Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Exclamation VERY IMPORTANT for purchasing items here

Hi All,

Whenever purchasing items here from other members, please use the following precautions:

• Never ever use Cash App or Venmo to send money for the items you are buying. These services offer no protection at all from fraud, and are often used by scammers for this reason.

• When using PayPal, sometimes sellers will ask the buyer to send money using the "friend of family" option so that PayPal does not charge their usual fee for the transaction. Never do this, since doing so will remove all protections from fraud that PayPal offers.

• If possible, have somebody you trust that lives close to the seller take a look at the item you're buying, especially if it's something large like a boat or engine.

• If the seller has a low post count, check their post history (which is in their profile). If the seller has been replying to many potential buyers that are looking for a particular item and saying that he has what their looking for or 'knows a friend that has it', that is a red flag. Although this activity does not automatically mean somebody is trying to commit fraud, if a person has no other interactions here other than the Buy and Sell section, be cautious.

• Please report anything that seems suspicious, no matter how slight. I manually verify all new registrations here, which is very tedious, but it keeps out most spammers and scammers, however, some will get through, unfortunately. When in any doubt, please contact me anytime.

Thank you everybody. Just do not feel any hesitation in calling or texting me at 239-297-4264.

Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to hijack this too much but also to the sellers, just a heads up on selling using mobile payment systems. Good old Joe Biden pulled a fast one and made this a law and didnt tell the public until it had been pushed through so he could get it passed. You could get taxed on the stuff your selling here, or anywhere, if you use PayPal, Cash App, etc... if you are not careful!

-Kevin
    Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project CobraJet
    1977 Hydrostream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project.
    1982 Hydrostream Vector
    1982 Hydrostream Vamp
    1973 Hydrostream Vixen
    1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
    199? Glastron - aka Boat Anchor
    1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

4. Thanks V pads, Forkin' Crazy thanked for this post
    Likes 25two.stroke, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippie459MN View Post
    Not to hijack this too much but also to the sellers, just a heads up on selling using mobile payment systems. Good old Joe Biden pulled a fast one and made this a law and didnt tell the public until it had been pushed through so he could get it passed. You could get taxed on the stuff your selling here, or anywhere, if you use PayPal, Cash App, etc... if you are not careful!

Yep. I used to sell a bit of stuff on ebay but I pulled all the listings after the first of the year. Closed my paypal and venmo accounts too. Let's Go Brandon.

6. Likes Hippie459MN, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg all valid precautions!! But Its why I believe the reputation system was so Important to everyone on Screamandfly. Especially for Buyers. It was almost like a insurance policy that a buyer was dealing with a reputable person and even if something did go wrong It would get settled to everyone's liking.

As far as paypal paying through Friend/Family. Of the Hundreds of dealings ive conducted on Screamandfly not once has it gone wrong. I always offer two choices. Pay via Friend/Family if not add 5% to total to cover fees. Ive never understood why the seller gets hit with the Fees? Same goes for Credit card use.

And If Ive had a pleasant experience dealing with someone Ive never personally met Ill ship whatever to them and say mail me a check once its received. If theres a problem simply ship it back.

Just my O2 on the subject. Hope all is well my friend!! Im only a Text or call away if i can be of assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    Hi All,

Whenever purchasing items here from other members, please use the following precautions:

• Never ever use Cash App or Venmo to send money for the items you are buying. These services offer no protection at all from fraud, and are often used by scammers for this reason.

• When using PayPal, sometimes sellers will ask the buyer to send money using the "friend of family" option so that PayPal does not charge their usual fee for the transaction. Never do this, since doing so will remove all protections from fraud that PayPal offers.

• If possible, have somebody you trust that lives close to the seller take a look at the item you're buying, especially if it's something large like a boat or engine.

• If the seller has a low post count, check their post history (which is in their profile). If the seller has been replying to many potential buyers that are looking for a particular item and saying that he has what their looking for or 'knows a friend that has it', that is a red flag. Although this activity does not automatically mean somebody is trying to commit fraud, if a person has no other interactions here other than the Buy and Sell section, be cautious.

• Please report anything that seems suspicious, no matter how slight. I manually verify all new registrations here, which is very tedious, but it keeps out most spammers and scammers, however, some will get through, unfortunately. When in any doubt, please contact me anytime.

Thank you everybody. Just do not feel any hesitation in calling or texting me at 239-297-4264.

Greg
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Good to know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HStream1 View Post
    Greg all valid precautions!! But Its why I believe the reputation system was so Important to everyone on Screamandfly. Especially for Buyers. It was almost like a insurance policy that a buyer was dealing with a reputable person and even if something did go wrong It would get settled to everyone's liking.

As far as paypal paying through Friend/Family. Of the Hundreds of dealings ive conducted on Screamandfly not once has it gone wrong. I always offer two choices. Pay via Friend/Family if not add 5% to total to cover fees. Ive never understood why the seller gets hit with the Fees? Same goes for Credit card use.

And If Ive had a pleasant experience dealing with someone Ive never personally met Ill ship whatever to them and say mail me a check once its received. If theres a problem simply ship it back.

Just my O2 on the subject. Hope all is well my friend!! Im only a Text or call away if i can be of assistance.
    Agree 100% I also shy away from sellers that are not supporting the site. I have done deals over the years both ways and had work performed never had an issue. JMO if you can't pay $25 a year to support site you should not be using to make money.

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"

10. Likes HStream1, Forkin' Crazy, RON FIELDING liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippie459MN View Post

I KNEW this was coming!!!

I pay income tax, then sales tax to buy stuff... And when I sell it.... I am taxed again as income??? I paid taxes on it twice!!! WTF???

I hate liberals.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    I KNEW this was coming!!!

I pay income tax, then sales tax to buy stuff... And when I sell it.... I am taxed again as income??? I paid taxes on it twice!!! WTF???

I hate liberals.
    So, what’s the work around to this so I don’t have to subject the good and honest sellers on here to “taxation without representation”

mark

13. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Bad transactions here are, thankfully, exceedingly rare. That's one thing that I feel really makes this community special. Among all boating types, we are a relatively small group of enthusiasts and that definitely helps as well.

The reputation system was good, and I am working on a replacement for it, which will be put into place during the major site revamp that will take place over the winter. The problem with the old reputation system is that a few people began to abuse it by artificially applying negative reputation to people they had arguments with, or simply to be an annoyance against people. That kind of thing ends up getting worse very rapidly so I felt I better suspend the reputation system until it could be improved.

Keep in mind that the reputation people earned here with that system is not gone or deleted - all of it is still saved; I just deactivated the reputation system for the time being. It will return to the site though.

Quote Originally Posted by HStream1 View Post

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

15. Thanks HStream1 thanked for this post
    Likes HStream1, Forkin' Crazy, NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reputation could be useful, but for what purpose? To tell us who's politics are not popular or to tell us who can be trusted with purchases or who knows their boats/engines? Both is not possible.