Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rx World - Express Scripts / Cigna Blunder

As they say, any merger in the corporate world is not good. Any of you who are on Medicare with supplemental drug coverage provided by Express Scripts, hang on for a long line of screw-ups. Express Scripts was acquired by Cigna last year. Express Scripts was a point-and-click website where you could refill RXs with a 90 day supply / home delivery and avoid all the drug munchkins who make the trip to the pharmacy every month. Their websites and databases are not tied together. Your autopayment and auto re-fills will be cut off. You will have to create brand new client profiles on the Cigna website while these arrogant robots will send you a paper bill for the 1st month of 2022 due on the 1st when you haven't even gotten an ID card or number yet? Shop around for another Rx supplier and don't take any jibberish from Medicare about enrollment deadlines!

2. Thanks CDave thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I used Express Scripts for many years prior to retirement through my company health plan. When I went on Medicare, best plan for my wife and I was a Cigna plan that worked through Express Scripts. Had it since 11-1-20. Other than getting my wrist slapped for logging directly to Express Scripts when I am now supposed to log into CIGNA and then click a link to get right back to the Express Scripts site, I have had no problems with it. Our prescriptions and auto refills transferred seamlessly. Now dealing with Cleveland Clinic on refills is a nightmare!--but not express Scripts' problem.
    Per Rock:

"Once I bought my first Hydrostream boating changed forever for me."

Per my hero Instigator:

"I try not to let common sense interfere w/my boat buying decisions."

Pat Gent
    cell 954-249-3246
    '78 Hydrostream Vandal (being rebuilt)
    '86 21' Eliminator Daytona, 300 OMC V-8 (Li'l Toy III)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfer Of Power

Quote Originally Posted by Li'l Toy View Post
    I used Express Scripts for many years prior to retirement through my company health plan. When I went on Medicare, best plan for my wife and I was a Cigna plan that worked through Express Scripts. Had it since 11-1-20. Other than getting my wrist slapped for logging directly to Express Scripts when I am now supposed to log into CIGNA and then click a link to get right back to the Express Scripts site, I have had no problems with it. Our prescriptions and auto refills transferred seamlessly. Now dealing with Cleveland Clinic on refills is a nightmare!--but not express Scripts' problem.
    I have serious concerns that our prescription list will even be transferred? Cigna mailings haven't said a word about this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad this was posted cuz I have been considering trying them out. I have been on a ridiculous amount of meds for the last 23 years or so. I use Walgreens and for the first 15 years no problems. Now for whatever reason I no longer have auto refill. I run low and order my script and am asked if I want it on automatic or not. Also seeing the prices fluctuating often. On Medicare and social security so price consistency is important. I have supplemental drug coverage and often GoodRx is less but not always. Have also seen GoodRx post a price but Walgreen's will not accept it. I guess I need to do more research.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    Glad this was posted cuz I have been considering trying them out. I have been on a ridiculous amount of meds for the last 23 years or so. I use Walgreens and for the first 15 years no problems. Now for whatever reason I no longer have auto refill. I run low and order my script and am asked if I want it on automatic or not. Also seeing the prices fluctuating often. On Medicare and social security so price consistency is important. I have supplemental drug coverage and often GoodRx is less but not always. Have also seen GoodRx post a price but Walgreen's will not accept it. I guess I need to do more research.

Rock
    You will never get the retail chain outfits to price RXs like Cigna / Express Scripts can do. Their supply chains are entirely different. The big difference is your ability to get a 90 day supply in one order. Prices matter but in the long run it's cheaper to do the 90 day approach. I think Cigna raised my premium rates in this transition as well. It depends on what drugs you need. Exotic anti-arthritic stuff is pricey so not all insurance plans cover out of pocket costs. Shop around and toss customer loyalty out the window. Yeah, my medicine cabinet looks like a small drug store. Got tired of opening all the bottles every day. I bought a ton of those pill organizer boxes and pre-make my daily doses. Load & go, dump and swallow. I don't have time to play around with all those bottles. I only have the patience to sit down and make these dose kits up once a month.
    Last edited by WaterZebra; 01-04-2022 at 09:11 AM.

7. Likes Li'l Toy liked this post