Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed on the personal preference. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think those porta jacks have presets so you can just hit one button and then the motor will go to sweet spots. I think you can save multiple presets as well for getting on plane, 20-40, and 80+ Mph. I’m not sure if they make that for the trim though.

I stay in between Melbourne and Sebastian inlet when I’m running ditch. But yea it’s a pain with those sport fish and barges plowing. I still have 20” mids on the boat and even with 20s you still have to be careful about giving them a bath when coming off plane to go through the waves. I’d like to get mine either cut or just wait until the Whole Pirate class has to run the new 4 strokes and they sell all of their motors and rigging (only have 250s on right now). From what I’ve read (also correct me if I’m wrong) getting the mad efi mids a better option then getting them cut since they are stronger and run the x style one piece wing plates rather then the 2 piece wing plates for the regular opti

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thelake View Post
    Agreed on the personal preference. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think those porta jacks have presets so you can just hit one button and then the motor will go to sweet spots. I think you can save multiple presets as well for getting on plane, 20-40, and 80+ Mph. I’m not sure if they make that for the trim though.

I stay in between Melbourne and Sebastian inlet when I’m running ditch. But yea it’s a pain with those sport fish and barges plowing. I still have 20” mids on the boat and even with 20s you still have to be careful about giving them a bath when coming off plane to go through the waves. I’d like to get mine either cut or just wait until the Whole Pirate class has to run the new 4 strokes and they sell all of their motors and rigging (only have 250s on right now). From what I’ve read (also correct me if I’m wrong) getting the mad efi mids a better option then getting them cut since they are stronger and run the x style one piece wing plates rather then the 2 piece wing plates for the regular opti

Just so you know... I am building my 24' Skater with the Porta 8" Race Brackets, 300XS powerheads on Todd's Mids with Joe's Dewald 5-blades and the Latham Electro-Hydraulic power steering. I will keep the race hatch cover, Batteries and pumps are mounted forward, no rear seat, no stereo (as all I wanna hear is twin V-6s and props surfacing!!) and an auxiliary fuel tank mounted forward with transfer pumps for longer runs (IE: Ballast)

I also plan to extend the tunnel with fences on the bottom corners to help keep the waterflow to the gearcase clear from tunnel blowout. Hope this helps as there is a ton of knowledge in this thread on Skaters.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181104_143618.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	412.8 KB 
ID:	499501
    David "Tango" Wilks

Current boats: (Not All Running...LOL)
    18' VT-Rocket Bass Boat: 2.5L 280 Mercury
    21' Eliminator Daytona: Stripped and Possibly For Sale!
    24' Skater: Uncut, Not Rigged and Possibly For Sale!
    30' SeaRay 290 SunSport SLX: twin 3.0L Duramax diesels & Bravo3 drives
    52' Sunseeker Predator twin Volvo-Penta IPS900 diesels

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Just so you know... I am building my 24' Skater with the Porta 8" Race Brackets, 300XS powerheads on Todd's Mids with Joe's Dewald 5-blades and the Latham Electro-Hydraulic power steering. I will keep the race hatch cover, Batteries and pumps are mounted forward, no rear seat, no stereo (as all I wanna hear is twin V-6s and props surfacing!!) and an auxiliary fuel tank mounted forward with transfer pumps for longer runs (IE: Ballast)

I also plan to extend the tunnel with fences on the bottom corners to help keep the waterflow to the gearcase clear from tunnel blowout. Hope this helps as there is a ton of knowledge in this thread on Skaters.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181104_143618.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	412.8 KB 
ID:	499501
    tango sounds good I’m new to the 24 skater could you explain the “fences on the bottom corners” also what pitch/rake/size are Joe’s props?
    -mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2