Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.5 pink tip injector flow specs

On my 92 200 xri I had my pink tip Keihin #1 injector stuck open at the end of this season. I sent this set out to Brucato a couple of years ago, and I recall a couple needing adjustment, but I can't find my the readout to see what the comments were. My motor blew right after i put them back in after cleaning, so they sat for a while and probably gummed up while it was rebuilt.

This time instead of sending them out I decided to buy a Chinese injector cleaning machine (autool200) so I could check them more frequently with semi accurate results. After cleaning and flowing them I'm seeing 4 injectors with the same dynamic flow, but #1 and 6 (as inscribed by Brucato) are flowing low and high - about a 10% difference between them.

I've looked around for specs on what the acceptable flow rate is on these motors, but can't find anything. Does anyone have this info kicking around? I'm trying to decide if I need to order another set so I can try to get another 2 to match the flow of the 4 I have that are the same. Or if I'll be ok just keeping the low flow up top and high flow down on the bottom. It's a stock motor. Injector doesn't leak anymore, and spray pattern is consistent across the board (albeit slightly weaker on #1).

Any input is appreciated

Wentzville.MO 40 "miles west of St Louis"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my Promax sheet if it helps at all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15821370243174043463623083680944.jpg   15821369932107383522993456022207.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To answer your question ... I see between 489 - 494 cc/min. after cleaning for a Keihin peak and hold (2ohm) pink tip injector.

I was surprised too see that the white tip , saturated (14ohm) would flow a little higher. In the 493 to 497 range.
    They are not perfect and as you said , weak flowing at the top and high flowing at the bottom.

I recently put a sleeve in a 300x block for a guy. He was a bit skeptical about using a set of injectors that just came back from having been "flowed and adjusted". There was a note in the box that said that one of them should be replaced.
    Five of them blew in the low 490's like they all do , and one struggled to get to the low 470's and yet failed the 70 psi leak test. And the coil had the same resistance and running heat as the rest.

Wait a minute , what's this 'dink' at the bottom of the injector .. ??? Ohh i see , it looks like someone put a small piece of tubing between the plastic pintle cap and the pintle .. and struck it with a mallet. Judging by the spray pattern / leak , I'd say the seat was struck at a bit of an angle .. causing the issues that called for it's replacement. A couple others had this mark , but flowed as the others did.
    I think I see how this works .. you pay a base price.
    You pay basically the same (ea) price again to have a few adjusted .
    If and when they get *&^&*(%$ up during the adjustment phase , you get to buy one or two new ones.
    I've got a box full of em. Flowed , numbered a little light machine oil , put in a baggie and then put in the box. I gave my friend a matching injector and where it belonged. My note said , put the motor together .. break it in. look at piston wash, sparkplugs , etc. If you got a hole that's a little rich or lean , let me know , I'll send you another injector for that hole. Just send me the other one back .... so it can get flowed again and put in the box.
    Some people don't care .. ahh it run pretty good , I don't wanna mess with it. Thats fine ..me , I treat them as six different motors , some want a colder sparkplug in a couple holes ... others want a little more "jet" in certain holes. Just depends on how much effort guys wanna invest ..

4. Likes racer, TEXAS20225 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i try to get them within 1 to 1.5%
    10% is a lot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0065.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the input guys. I had a feeling 10% was a bit excessive. I've tried a few rounds in the ultrasonic cleaner with #1 and 6, but neither has changed much - still a big difference, so I think I'll have to order another set to try to get a couple that are a closer match.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10% is a lot. Don't "adjust" injectors. My 2c

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

8. Likes tux974 liked this post