Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Senate Passes Measure

Quote Originally Posted by moparbarn View Post
    That's where I heard it, on the morning news show..........
    One week ago tomorrow, the Senate passed the DST by a UNANIMOUS vote. This is the first time in decades that they have passed anything uncontested!
    We have one more fall back (2022) and one more spring forward (2023). 2023 marks the 60th anniversary of putting up with this folly.

2. Likes Will hedrick, CDave, moparbarn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who the f**k really cares? I make my own time schedule. Always have.

When I worked at an auto body shop, I would work 15 hours straight. And would get there late, 9:30am or so, and work through late into the night and morning. I didn't have anything or anybody in my way. I would be working on 3 cars at once at least.

3 days I would be done with my 5 day work load and would be f**king off or working on my hotrod. My work ethic pissed the other employees off too...

4. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    80+ hours a week for me , 34 years young and debt free
    97 xb2002 15" 300x w 1.62 sporty
    ( Haulin Bass) (108 mph so far
    (Rip. Whiteally02) -dad
    They call it the American dream, to bad you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

6. Likes Forkin' Crazy, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Many

Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    Who the f**k really cares? I make my own time schedule. Always have.

When I worked at an auto body shop, I would work 15 hours straight. And would get there late, 9:30am or so, and work through late into the night and morning. I didn't have anything or anybody in my way. I would be working on 3 cars at once at least.

3 days I would be done with my 5 day work load and would be f**king off or working on my hotrod. My work ethic pissed the other employees off too...

Not many people have your work ethic these days nor have any idea how to multi task. A store associate at a Pier 1 imports was so dumb, she couldn't process the difference in price for a set of barstools which were assembled vs unassembled in the box? Really? Duh?

8. Thanks Forkin' Crazy thanked for this post
    Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterZebra View Post
    Not many people have your work ethic these days nor have any idea how to multi task. A store associate at a Pier 1 imports was so dumb, she couldn't process the difference in price for a set of barstools which were assembled vs unassembled in the box? Really? Duh?
    So true! I would have one car on tear down and ordering parts, another going together, and the third I would be painting.

Some are just plain lazy and never learned work ethic, and the others are just dumb as a stump!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stump Dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    So true! I would have one car on tear down and ordering parts, another going together, and the third I would be painting.

Some are just plain lazy and never learned work ethic, and the others are just dumb as a stump!
    Anybody been following the story out of Idaho where a boater didn't pay attention to the irrigation district's plan to draw down the lake he was on. Had his boat in some remote area of the lake. Lake dropped like a toilet flush one afternoon leaving his rig high and dry on a rocky shore. Boat sat there for 7 months and he goes back to look at it and all the electronics and seats have been stripped out of it. Only takes 5 months in maritime law before it's declared derelect / abandoned?

11. Likes Forkin' Crazy, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterZebra View Post
    Anybody been following the story out of Idaho where a boater didn't pay attention to the irrigation district's plan to draw down the lake he was on. Had his boat in some remote area of the lake. Lake dropped like a toilet flush one afternoon leaving his rig high and dry on a rocky shore. Boat sat there for 7 months and he goes back to look at it and all the electronics and seats have been stripped out of it. Only takes 5 months in maritime law before it's declared derelect / abandoned?
    Damn....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3