Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meet no strangers

Well here's a positive thread....so I came to Lake Charles area for a job today, start tomorrow. Went into good ol Waffle House to eat dinner tonight. Got to talking to the very nice couple next to me."imagine that".... got to talking about this and that boats what not. Mentioned I had a 260 on an STV and he perked up and showed me pics of his shop and his sweet Triads. Small world sometimes. Nice couple Jerry and Karen are. Enjoyed my dinner and conversation. Get out meet people and talk to strangers. Never know who you might meet.

Check out my onlyfans....
    Subscriptions start at 1 gallon 100LL a month

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talk with everyone and 99% of the time it’s a pleasant exchange. I usually chit chat with cashiers or people in line and I say hi or howdy to people when I’m walking. When I’m in the boat I wave at everyone. Only the jerks don’t wave back it’s easy to tell who to avoid lol

This general easy going attitude has opened more doors for me professionally and personally than any other trait including skill. I’ve been invited to stay at some pretty awesome places just because I’m easy company. I almost never get into arguments either. To my surprise it’s almost always the very wealthy who are most pleasant. It’s the poor people who tend to be the 1%. I was told everyone is carrying an invisible bag of rocks and you never know how heavy another’s may be so I try not to judge. Life goes easy and a lot more fun with a laid back attitude

We all reap what we sow
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s nice, until you guys run into EJ.

4. Likes hydrochicken liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be down in Lake Charles this weekend, my wife is from that area. Love it down there, aint a bad meal in the entire state!

Quote Originally Posted by hydrochicken View Post
    Well here's a positive thread....so I came to Lake Charles area for a job today, start tomorrow. Went into good ol Waffle House to eat dinner tonight. Got to talking to the very nice couple next to me."imagine that".... got to talking about this and that boats what not. Mentioned I had a 260 on an STV and he perked up and showed me pics of his shop and his sweet Triads. Small world sometimes. Nice couple Jerry and Karen are. Enjoyed my dinner and conversation. Get out meet people and talk to strangers. Never know who you might meet.

6. Likes hydrochicken, rgsauger, loop liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoker boy View Post
    That’s nice, until you guys run into EJ.
    Accidents happen sometimes

8. Likes Stoker boy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I got done early on my job . Had time to go by his shop. Mr. Jerry has a pile of race plaques. What a nice guy to just randomly meet. Some awesome boats in the garage too. I enjoy meeting good people.

10. Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! Check out the Seafood Palace if you like seafood... If it is still open. It was awesome years ago. You better get there early though!

12. Likes hydrochicken liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    Congrats! Check out the Seafood Palace if you like seafood... If it is still open. It was awesome years ago. You better get there early though!
    I'm rolling to the next job now. Hit 55n almost to 20 now. But yeah I love some seafood.

14. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrochicken View Post
    Accidents happen sometimes
    Birds of a feather tend to migrate together .. but there seems to be one of the above in every crowd .. Glad to hear ya met a good-in .. away from home ..

16. Likes hydrochicken liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeFever View Post
    I talk with everyone and 99% of the time it’s a pleasant exchange. I usually chit chat with cashiers or people in line and I say hi or howdy to people when I’m walking. When I’m in the boat I wave at everyone. Only the jerks don’t wave back it’s easy to tell who to avoid lol

This general easy going attitude has opened more doors for me professionally and personally than any other trait including skill. I’ve been invited to stay at some pretty awesome places just because I’m easy company. I almost never get into arguments either. To my surprise it’s almost always the very wealthy who are most pleasant. It’s the poor people who tend to be the 1%. I was told everyone is carrying an invisible bag of rocks and you never know how heavy another’s may be so I try not to judge. Life goes easy and a lot more fun with a laid back attitude

We all reap what we sow
    Great attitude - keep it up

Matt

18. Thanks LakeFever thanked for this post
    Likes hydrochicken liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind words Matt thanks. I can share the secret to my perspective, its really easy because its the most self centered selfish perspective possible. Ready?

Its my world. All of it.

You and everyone else are part of my world and if you or anyone else in my world are not doing great because im treating you poorly, or im doing work for you or your company thats sub par and any of this is from my efforts? Then its like damaging my own property or over revving my boat motor with the prop out of water it just doesnt make any sense to deliberately harm my world like that. I am so selfish I want my world to be AWESOME and filled with love and good times at every corner, every second of everyday, because Im totally selfish and thats how I want to enjoy this very short life to its fullest. Its super simple to see the world like this because its natural to want things for ourselves to be the best they can be but I have to admit there are forces that can drag me down occasionally and keeping that in mind is why I try to remember the bag of rocks and not judge when someone in my world is not reciprocating the good times. It happens to us all now and then. I do believe whole heartedly if the entire left wing political lunatic show took on more of this perspective and operated TRUTHFULLY we wouldnt be having 99% of the strife we have today. It all happens within, there is no external solution to internal problems.

It all starts with loving yourself. Thats the key because you are the only you that will ever be. Love you. Then start looking at the world as yours and how much awesome time you can spend in it while you still can and in no time flat you'll be having a ball!

Ive never written any of that before I did this is ten mins so Im sure I could do a better job conveying this if I dug deeper but I think you get the idea. Hope y'all have a great day, in my world

I always thought this video summed it up pretty good. I stopped drinking when I became a father but when I did drink I called myself a professional drinker because we always had a BLAST!!!! Shame that I cant remember most of the best ones haha

Hydrostream dreamin

20. Likes hydrochicken, ebynus, MattGreen liked this post