Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

California banning small gasoline engines

Did you see this? This will be the rest of the United States if things continue the way they are going! California Banning New Gas Powered Small Engines | myMotherLode.com
    2005 APR FORMULA 2 ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

2. Thanks David - WI thanked for this post
    Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The city of Naples has already banned leaf blowers...

but only in the city limits which is very small but everything is changing to battery's,

California could ban gas-powered generators and mowers by 2024

Some leaf blowers and pressure washers will be affected too.

<figure class="M(0) " data-component="DefaultLede" style="margin: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Guardian Text Sans&quot;, &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: medium;"><figcaption class="Mt(7px) Fz(15px) Lh(20px) C(engadgetGray) Pb(25px)" style="padding-bottom: 25px; font-size: 15px; color: rgb(65, 67, 71); line-height: 20px; margin-top: 7px;">BrianAJackson via Getty Images</figcaption></figure><ins>California</ins> could ban sales of some gas-powered devices, including lawn equipment, generators and pressure washers. Governor Gavin Newsom signed a law over the weekend that orders regulators to prohibit the sale of small off-road engines.
    The California Air Resources Board was already working on rules to that effect, but Newsom has given the agency deadlines for adopting and applying the regulations. The agency has until July 1st to adopt the rules. The regulations will apply to engines made on or after January 1st, 2024, or whenever is feasible in the state board's opinion — whichever is later. The law also stipulates that regulators will need to offer rebates to lower the cost of switching equipment. The latest state budget set aside $30 million to cover the costs.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The aim of the law is to reduce emissions. As the <ins>Associated Press</ins> notes, California brought in emission standards for those engines in 1990. Although emissions from cars have generally decreased over the last few decades, that hasn't necessarily been the case for small off-road engines.
    State officials have said that a gas-powered leaf blower that's used for one hour emits the same level of pollution as a 2017 Toyota Camry that travels for around 1,100 miles. There are currently more than 16.7 million devices with small off-road engines in California — three million or so more than the number of passenger cars in the state.
    California is tackling emissions from gas-powered engines on other fronts. Last year, the California Air Resources Board said all truck and van manufacturers will have to <ins>switch to electric versions</ins> by 2045. The state will also ban sales of <ins>new combustion engine cars and trucks</ins> by 2035. Many auto manufacturers are aiming to switch entirely to EVs by that time. Another zero-emissions rule for light-duty autonomous vehicles will <ins>come into effect</ins> starting in 2030.
    There are already some electric pressure washers and <ins>lawn mowers</ins> on the market. Zero-emission generators might be harder to come by, though some companies have also <ins>attempted to make hydrogen-powered models</ins>.

We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad although I'm not surprised

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's ridiculous, the percentage of total emissions from lawn equipment has to be so low its probably not even measurable... out west Is it possibly also driven from the wild fire threats and labeled emissions to make it an easy sell. There was a graph floating around that showed total marine emissions from non commercial pleasure craft and it was barely a single lines width on the bar graph that covered an entire page.

6. Likes David - WI, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you missed this...

"State officials have said that a gas-powered leaf blower that's used for one hour emits the same level of pollution as a 2017 Toyota Camry that travels for around 1,100 miles. There are currently more than 16.7 million devices with small off-road engines in California — three million or so more than the number of passenger cars in the state."

I just bought a electric motorcycle ZERO made in California started by a ex NASA engineer and I have to tell you the ratings of how many miles per charge if you drive wide open acceleration Is a joke compared to my driving style, I just bought is as a toy around town and to travel with the motor home It only weighs 350 what they call the big battery 14.4 model, It can't compare to my ZG1400 Kaw in any way shape or form, I feel I can throw that 700lb bike around easier at anything over 15 MPH the ride of the big bike is soo much better, It does zip off the line nice but give me the big girl to travel anywhere, It's a expensive toy It has to come a long way In my book to come close the Kawasaki's 128MPH 10.30 1/4 mile time they do hold their value much better than gas bikes, In a few years things will change as batteries get better.

I just bought a Makita chainsaw today because they had a promotion of 4 batteries charger and saw, I have a few Makita tools so I have extra batteries, I have a new employee from LI NY and said they have plenty of power, we will see...
    Last edited by CUDA; 10-11-2021 at 07:16 PM.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could be wrong.. lol. but i am fighting state officials right now on an canal bank errosion problem and they are completely full of zhit. I also drop an average of 4 people off at the local hospitals a day that are supposed to be full of covid patients and again if 2 or 3 people is full i guess im wrong again...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mr Cuda,

i just bought a Echo 2 Stroke arborist saw a 455T top handle. Starts easy and screams. I may just leave it idling when not in use.
    No extension cords or pesky chargers needed. Great smell to boot

22R
    Last edited by 22R; 10-12-2021 at 07:46 AM.

10. Likes Forkin' Crazy, Bodhi liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told Outboard motors created .03 percent of pollution in he world. How much pollution does one ROCKET IN TO SPACE cause. Millions of pounds of fuel burn in minutes not days. People with money can do what ever they want. Just Because You Can Does Not Mean You Should.

12. Likes David - WI, tnelsmn, Lake X Kid, V pads liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can tell this is strictly a "feel-good" political ploy rather than serious environmental regulation... the EPA doesn't ban certain engine technologies; they impose emissions standards and let the manufacturers and consumers decide if it's worth the cost to meet the standards or not (which is why we had Opti's and Etec's).

California doesn't care as much about the result as they do about the political points they can earn by pushing "bans" on things they just don't like.

Let's just go ahead and make America great again!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this electric powered crap has to be plugged inn at sometime. And where does that come from, yep, evil polluting power plants. They leave that part out.

Funny how all the electric this or that commercials such as electric F150 say zero emissions, it's soo bs.

Then is the electric grid ready for these increasing demands? Seems like the grid capacity is already at a fragile state?

Now if we had zero emission power plants (Nukes) then sure.

15. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna start collecting old broken down mowers I find in front of peoples houses. If they don't smoke , I'll break the oil ring and put it back in. Start em up and let em smoke ... Hang a sign :

If you got a warrant, come on in. But it would be better served at Andrews or San Francisco where the scarecrow emits :
    4.41 metric tons of CO2e First class direct flight from SFO to DCA

And she averages three flight's each way in an empty airliner per week ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why they originally banned leaf blowers in FL. Not emissions, but noise. But they changed to emissions I bet to get the crazy climate people behind them.

https://www.winknews.com/2020/10/21/...s-in-the-city/
    https://www.naplesnews.com/story/new...21/3677638001/
    1973 Viper - sold
    1978 Viking - sold
    1995 XB02

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And there's pollution from battery manufacturing & disposal.

Let's just go ahead and make America great again!

19. Likes Stoker boy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David - WI View Post
    And there's pollution from battery manufacturing & disposal.
    This isn't bad at all for the environment. haha.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mines.PNG 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	494577
    1973 Viper - sold
    1978 Viking - sold
    1995 XB02

21. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Us as voters have ability to vote these idiots out , all that complain about how things are going I wonder did YOU VOTE ?
    Jay @ JSRE

23. Likes CRH1, 22R, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast