1996 ProMax with 0 time since rebuild. This motor was rebuilt 3 years ago and I have been keeping it for a spare, but have decided to sell it. Built with a factory new ProMax block. I had it on a Hydrostream Vegas XT and shortly after break-in, the driveshaft on the lower unit snapped. A few hours after this, the motor lost power and I knew it was not right. My guess is when the driveshaft broke, the engine probably over-revved. Motor was torn down and in addition to damage to some rod bearings and crankshaft, a small chip out of the casting inside the crankcase was discovered. The block was sent to Nichols Outboard Engineering where Dale filled it in with epoxy and pronounced it OK. I doubt the motor had 50 hours on it when this happened. The bore was checked and it was perfect. There was no wear. The engine was built again using another crankshaft and rods from another motor. New metal caged bearings were used and Vertex pistons. The injectors were sent to Rich at Brucatto for cleaning and flowing, new switch boxes and stator were installed. It has head studs. It does not have top pinned pistons.

While it was being built, I purchased a 260 and have run it on the boat since and the ProMax has not been run. The lower unit that was on the 260 was a CLE and sent to Jason Wolf and coned 2 years ago. The gears in this unit seem to be very low time. The lower unit has not been run since it was coned. It comes with this ProMax.

The pictures here are not great as the motor is in a storage unit. I will get it out and get better ones. Asking price is $7200.