Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    There a few things they were right on as the future was projected thru the Jetsons but others not so much.

1. most accurate that doesn't seem to change (45 second mark-she takes his wallet). 2. At the 1.45 mark they show finger exercise which seems to be where we are headed as we continue to rely on others for production and America types in the order on Amazon. But what was he doing at the 50 second mark "going to work", I guess even cartoon writers could have never anticipated someone like Biden handing out money to stay home and fight against small business "imagine if Spacely Sprokets had an employee shortage".

Joe
    George had it made , flew to "work" in a jet that folds itself into a briefcase. Hits the conveyer straight to his mancave .. err .. office where he can get paid for some piece and quiet.

Jane gettin her beach bod on ...

The wallet thing must be universal ...

Deb was freakin out ... Honey the shop elecrtic bill is $450.00 for last month .. thats gotta be wrong .. No , that's cheaper than I thought .. remember I had three welders going on that water treatment plant job ... that's just their cut .

Universal there too .. yep , gonna charge my three boats , two Tesla's and four mopeds .. yipppeeee , just like free gas .. Pppfffttt .. FPL gonna get their cut .. that will be $ 979.50 for last month please ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe mother Merc can source some German elec resources by sniffing around these two factories for some good buys

https://financialpost.com/commoditie...m-went-too-far
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Tesla has a new battery but It takes a lot of effort to go from design phase to wide open production, the new battery's will first be used in the new Model Y crossover which is just starting production in Texas at the new plant, they also need them for the Semi truck production next will be the Cybertruck that is the reason the Cybertruck has been delayed they need to ramp up production of a whole new battery plant.

https://youtu.be/lA6FUfaOloo
    Its a better mouse trap but its not 10x better, yet...
    There are other technologies out there in development but nobody claiming the energy density of oil products yet.....
    The future on sites like this will be talking about our batteries not the motor.
    Last edited by powerabout; 09-22-2021 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    The weight of Tesla cars is 50% battery and 50% power train and body
    Can you see an Allison with a 1200lbs battery and for most boats well over 50% of the all up weight added to the weight to go electric
    You are WAY off the Model S weighs between 4,323 lb and 4,960 the battery is 1,200 lb for the 85 KWH that's like a 1/4 not 1/2.

my brother has the 90KWH twin motor almost 5 years now and he has not spent one cent to charge it because he purchased it during one of there Introductory specials, he has no charger at home always uses Tesla supercharges FREE for life.

The big battery is rated at 348 miles
    Last edited by CUDA; 09-22-2021 at 08:47 PM.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are WAY off the Model S weighs between 4,323 lb and 4,960 the battery is 1,200 lb for the 85 KWH that's like a 1/4 not 1/2.

my brother has the 90KWH twin motor almost 5 years now and he has not spent one cent to charge it because he purchased it during one of there Introductory specials, he has no charger at home always uses Tesla supercharges FREE for life.

The big battery is rated at 348 miles
    nice so it can drive an 90kw motor for 1 hour, are you getting the difference in drag from a car to a boat yet perhaps 34.8 mile range at WOT?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earth to powerboat earth to powerboat what the F you talking about, what don't you understand ? 348 mile range, the car is regulated to 155 mph not 348 MPH...

that battery is 90KWH not the usage of the motors, earth to POWERBOAT.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earth to powerboat earth to powerboat what the F you talking about, what don't you understand ? 348 mile range, the car is regulated to 155 mph not 348 MPH...

that battery is 90KWH not the usage of the motors, earth to POWERBOAT.
    90kwh means you can draw 90kw for 1 hour, how far is that in a boat with a 90kw/120hp engine?
    ( less the 1200lb extra load)
    Thats very basic physics.
    Last edited by powerabout; 09-22-2021 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They DON'T draw 90KW more false info ...

Tesla has battery options were 75 KWH battery up to 100, It's just the size of the battery not the draw OK

Since 2019 ALL Model S have the 100 KWH battery that weighs 1,200 LB which is 1/4 It's total weight so I just read, I don't keep up with every change in every model, I'm just waiting for my 3 motor over 500 mile range CYBERTRUCK.

100 kWh lithium ion Discontinued: 60, 70, 75, 85 and 90 kWh lithium ion
    Electric range 75 kWh (270 MJ) 249–259 mi (401–417 km) (EPA) 85 kWh (310 MJ) 253–272 mi (407–438 km) (EPA) 310 mi (500 km) (NEDC) 90 kWh (320 MJ) 270–294 mi (435–473 km) (EPA) 100 kWh (360 MJ) 348–402 mi (560–647 km) (EPA)
    Last edited by CUDA; 09-22-2021 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They DON'T draw 90KW more false info ...

Tesla has battery options for the S the standard was a 75 KWH battery up to 100, It's just the size of the battery not the draw OK
    oh boy...the rating comes from what 2 variables? KW=power, H=time.
    lets go back to the battery in your conventional outboard boat, say 80amphr, guess what, you can draw 80 amps for 1 hour thats how its rated.

If you drove uphill towing in a Tesla so the motor load was drawing 90kw it would be all over in 1 hr.
    Last edited by powerabout; 09-22-2021 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I can't fix STUPID.

You also believe it's 1/2 the total weight, the earth is flat and Santa is coming.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I can't fix STUPID.

You also believe it's 1/2 the total weight, the earth is flat and Santa is coming.
    Sorry to get you flustered with some very simple physics.
    lots on the internet about batterys

( ok the tesla battery is less than half the weight doesnt change the reality with a battery in an electric boat)
    Last edited by powerabout; 09-22-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's exactly 1/4 of the total weight, It's funny when people sell there boats so many have low hours except for the offshore fishing group, most get in their boat go a short distance to a hang out spot, very few travel far.

I know many are scared of electricity and I have to admit It can be dangerous, at 17 I worked for Industrial Motor Service one side rewired large Industrial electric motors the other side sold electrical goods, when I first learned those 100 or more car Trains were powered by electrical motors I gained major respect for them.

We just cut up 10 4x8 sheets of 1/8 inch steel in a short period of time with a 120V Plasma cutter very Impressive Indeed and no one died, just protect those eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qXja6MEsdE

j
    Last edited by CUDA; 09-22-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am eligible to get a FREE cell phone every year . If it's free , why do I have to sign another contract ..
    FREE car charging .. LMAO , only a .. well you know ..

Power ol boy .. valiant effort .. Just don't try to teach him what CCA means , he will blow his little fuse trying to figure that one out ..

Miller plasma cutters are 220 volt .... rookie.

Yes sir , I'd like to dispose of 1200 pounds of used up golf cart battery , HOW ******* MUCH DO YOU WAN'T .... ????

Oh my , what a wonderful thing these golf carts and boats are gonna be ... I want the 2000 pound battery , no make that two of em. When they go bad , I'll just throw em off the Palm City bridge one night .. what could go wrong .. ????

But electric cars have their own dirty little secret: Every electric vehicle, and most hybrid vehicles, rely on large lithium-ion batteries weighing hundreds of pounds. One of the largest, the battery for the Mercedes-Benz EQC, comes in at 1,400 pounds. Typically made with cobalt, nickel, and manganese, among other components, these batteries cost thousands of dollars and come with an environmental burden: They require ingredients sourced from polluting mines and smelters around the world, and they can ultimately contaminate soil and water supplies if improperly disposed.

In the rush to embrace this technology, auto companies are adopting the same pretence that has been embraced by the plastics industry: They are claiming that used batteries will be recycled. However, the truth is being swept under the rug. None of the lithium-ion batteries in electric vehicles are recyclable in the same sense that paper, glass, and lead car batteries are. Although efforts to improve recycling methods are underway, generally only around half the materials in these batteries is currently extracted and repurposed. And without the most valuable ingredients, there will be little economic incentive to invest in recycling technologies. The result, if nothing is done to tip the scales, could be a massive health and environmental crisis.

Chaz = thinking , putting a half a ton of poison in the hands of those who can't dispose of a hamburger wrapper properly .. has to be the biggest hate America (and the rest of the free world) move to date.

14. Likes mrichartz, V pads liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1200lbs 90kw battery so we water ski with a 120hp for 1 hr or a 60hp for 2hrs ( seawater cooled battery pack in a boat at 400volts? or add another pump and heat exchanger 1400lbs battery pack?)
    Has Cuda worked out yet why we dont have electric trucks and boats yet?
    He seemed to change the subject when simple logic and physics turned up.

The drag on a modern car is so low it might be less than 20kw at 55mph, hence the range, I'm sure the dash will tell you that.
    Last edited by powerabout; 09-23-2021 at 12:54 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    1200lbs 90kw battery so we water ski with a 120hp for 1 hr or a 60hp for 2hrs ( seawater cooled battery pack in a boat at 400volts? or add another pump and heat exchanger 1400lbs battery pack?)
    Has Cuda worked out yet why we dont have electric trucks and boats yet?
    He seemed to change the subject when simple logic and physics turned up.

The drag on a modern car is so low it might be less than 20kw at 55mph, hence the range, I'm sure the dash will tell you that.
    Think someones has a bit of jen psaki we'll double back
    And when facts come up gets all flustered and just double talks and copy and paste
    LETS GO BRANDON.... LETS GO BRANDON

Sometimes I talk to myself...then we both just laugh and laugh

'84 Checkmate Convincor

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast