Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mig is a 210 Miller...old, I have a cheap Eastman plasma cutter 120v $750, we don't use it that much yes Miller top of the line wish I would have bought one, no one services Eastman so I found out... you-tube does

It notes that from 2012 to 2020 there was about one Tesla vehicle fire per 205 million miles traveled—versus one per 19 million miles traveled for all types, citing data from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and U.S. Department of Transportation. ...Aug 17, 2021

Like I said above Tesla just started producing a new battery that address many of your concerns

but they had to develop all new machinery to produce them, like Musk has said

engineering is over rated, production IS the bottle neck, they need to produce a very large number of battery's

Even though they have a greatly improved design It will be two years to get production ramped up to the point that they can install them into every thing they build.
    Last edited by CUDA; 09-23-2021 at 08:50 AM.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His facts are all WRONG

If you viewed the above you-tube It would answer many of your questions, Tecla's new battery's don't have the cooling problem that the earlier battery's had, they are making them today.

Instead of listening to hyperbole

The biggest battery tesla makes is the 100 and it's 1200lb
    that's for the S which is the premium $85,000 car
    the Model 3 has 900 and 1000 lb battery's

The new design is much lighter and smaller because It packs more energy can be charged much faster and does not have the heat Issues the previous generation has.

https://youtu.be/4jIft5p578o
    Last edited by CUDA; 09-23-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    James ............. no need to watch any video's . Everyone here remembers how you touted the tesla to be safe from electrical fire hazard, no matter how many pictures I posted of flaming golf cart's with a "T" in the middle of the flames. Now that they have came out with battery "try again 2.0" ... you admit the early battery's were prone to catching on fire ...
    If we couldn't believe you instead of our lying eye's the first time .... why should we believe you now .. ???

$85,000.00 dollars. Twenty for the name , twenty for the car and $45,000.00 for the battery .. No thanks , I'll pass , my ole gas hoopties should last me the rest of my life.
    Buck Fiden along with his lost in space cohorts and the stupid idea's they are pushing on us.

There is still the disposing of 1200 lbs of poison that will need to be dealt with once it won't hold a charge long enough to make it around the block.
    If they are having a hard time dealing with one ounce cell phone battery's .... how they going to deal with the influx of twelve hunnert pounders ..
    since the US gov. is subsidizing a big part of the push to insanity .. we need not look far for the culprit !

4. Likes FORBESAUTO, NZ Sidewinder liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many time has Greg asked to keep politics in the political area? and every day you do the opposite, one of your regular customers say's It's like dealing with a full grown child and he wishes you would stay off the Internet so you might get some work done, because your a excuse machine.
    This song Is the real you,,, Glory days ... they passed you by, but you talk about them EVERY day.

Well time slips away and leaves you with nothing, mister, but
    Boring stories of

Glory days, well they'll pass you by
    Glory days, in the wink of a young girl's eye
    Glory days, glory days

https://youtu.be/3dbuUy6VudM

Tesla's Impact Report Compares Fires Between Teslas & Gas Cars

Car fires happen every day, but they're only national news if the car is an EV.

When a vehicle catches fire, it’s usually no more newsworthy than a dog bite—unless of course, that vehicle is an electric car. Tesla suffered a spate of bad publicity following three highly-publicized vehicle fires in 2013, and almost every crash of a Tesla still seems to make the national news.
    Source: EVANNEX; Photo by Casey Murphy
    Now Tesla wants to set the record straight. In its 2020 Impact Report, the company presents data to demonstrate that ICE vehicles catch fire at a far higher rate than do Teslas.
    In 2019, there were almost 190,000 vehicle fires in the US alone—only a tiny fraction of them involving EVs.

“From 2012 to 2020, there has been approximately one Tesla vehicle fire for every 205 million miles traveled,” Tesla tells us. “By comparison, data from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and US Department of Transportation show that, in the US, there is one vehicle fire for every 19 million miles traveled.”
    “In order to provide an apt comparison to NFPA data, Tesla’s data set includes instances of vehicle fires caused by structure fires, arson and other reasons unrelated to the vehicle, which account for some of the Tesla vehicle fires over this time period.”
    Source: Tesla's 2020 Impact Report
    Battery fires are rare, but they do happen—Chevrolet recently recalled 51,000 Bolt EVs after a few fires that appear to have been caused by defective battery modules. The laws of physics dictate that any medium that can store enough energy to drive a car—gasoline, a battery, or anything other than “distilled unicorn tears,” as one wag quipped back in 2013—can cause a fire if something goes wrong.
    Tesla and other automakers go to great lengths to minimize fire risk when they design their battery packs. Tesla co-founder Marc Tarpenning told me back in 2013 that, when the Tesla team designed the Roadster, their efforts to ensure that its batteries were safe “verged on paranoia.” Tesla’s battery packs are designed so that each cell is isolated from its neighbors, so a single overheating cell won’t cause a chain reaction. They contain sensors that monitor acceleration, deceleration and tilting of the vehicle, in order to detect a crash, as well as sensors that detect smoke and overheating.

Will the risk of fires increase in the future, when there are large numbers of older EVs on the road? Following the release of Tesla’s data, some online commenters surmised that the majority of ICE fires probably occur in older, poorly maintained vehicles, and suggested that in order to get the whole story, we need to know the average age of vehicles that catch fire.
    Fortunately, efforts to improve safety are ongoing. “We continue to improve our battery chemistry, cell structure, battery pack structure and vehicle passive safety in order to decrease fire risk to as close to zero as possible,” says Tesla. “Finally, for the rare instances where Tesla vehicles are involved in a fire, we make detailed information available to first responders so they can safely handle those emergency situations.”

Battery Recycling

Tesla cars are designed to last, but if needed, Tesla Service Centers are able to help get you back on the road.
    What happens to Tesla battery packs once they reach their end of life?
    Unlike fossil fuels, which release harmful emissions into the atmosphere that are not recovered for reuse, materials in a Tesla lithium-ion battery are recoverable and recyclable. Battery materials are refined and put into a cell, and will still remain in the cell at the end of their life, when they can be recycled to recover its valuable materials for reuse over and over again.

Extending the life of a battery pack is a superior option to recycling for both environmental and business reasons. For those reasons, before decommissioning a consumer battery pack and sending it for recycling, Tesla does everything it can to extend the useful life of each battery pack. Any battery that is no longer meeting a customer’s needs can be serviced by Tesla at one of our service centers around the world. None of our scrapped lithium-ion batteries go to landfilling, and 100% are recycled.
    Lithium-ion battery packs should only be handled by qualified professionals at specifically designated facilities. The applicable rules and regulations for battery management vary by region and must always be followed.
    Last edited by CUDA; 09-23-2021 at 05:58 PM.

6. Thanks JLanier571 thanked for this post
    Likes JLanier571 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://insideevs.com/news/525965/te...ling-no-waste/

You have no Idea what your talking about...

New Tesla Battery Recycling Process Reportedly Produces No Waste

Tesla’s new process that claims it can save up to 92 percent of the elements that make up a battery pack.

One of the biggest problems that we may face in the not too distant future is having to safely dispose of depleted electric vehicle battery packs. But the doomsday scenario that many are getting alarmed over may never actually unfold if recycling is as efficient as Tesla’s new process that is claimed to save up to 92 percent of the elements that make up a battery pack.
    The recycling solution has been in the works for at least two years, or at least mid-April 2019 was the first time we heard them mention it publicly; it may very well have been (and probably had been) in the works for longer. Back then, Tesla called it a unique battery recycling solution that would yield significant savings in the long term, but it didn't say any more.
    The manufacturer recently pointed out that 100 percent of the batteries it scraps are recycled and nothing ends up in a landfill. It has been setting up internal structures within the company to gather and recycle old battery packs for years and it believes that the companies that made the packs should also recycle them, arguing this is more efficient than having third parties do it.
    Tesla points out that through the use of this new process, it managed to recycle 1,300 tons of nickel, 400 tons of copper and 80 tons of cobalt last year alone. This means the manufacturer now essentially produces some of the materials it needs, thus reducing the need to mine.
    The automaker explains that
    While Tesla has worked for years with third-party battery recyclers to ensure our batteries do not end up in a landfill, we understand the importance of also building recycling capacity in-house to supplement these relationships. Onsite recycling brings us one step closer to closing the loop on materials generation, allowing for raw material transfer straight to our nickel and cobalt suppliers. The facility knocks the cycle of innovation for battery recycling at scale, allowing Tesla to rapidly improve current designs through operational learnings and to perform process testing of R&D products.
    It’s worth noting that even though there are aging Teslas on the road that are now nearly a decade old, the company doesn’t actually recycle the batteries from too many consumer cars yet. Sure, some older packs are swapped out by Tesla and then recycled, but the vast majority of what it currently recycles comes from its own research and testing programs.

Last edited by CUDA; 09-23-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Delphi also has a similar recycle system that is coming together quickly. My question still remains the charging and how our grid will handle it. Its obvious that the battery technology is well on its way to having acceptable operating range even for rural owners. The recycle process is also going to be acceptable, but we lose fuel tax income- how does it get recovered "taxpayers", and we have free charge stations "paid for by taxpayers" and we pay incentive towards the initial the purchase "paid by taxpayers"?? Those don't make any economic sense unless you are someone who doesn't contribute to the system. Next, who pays for the grid updates? "guess", once this is all in place then how do we protect the upgraded grid system from attack??, and who pays for this? "guess".

All of this and we were oil independent only a short time ago....The hybrid "electric assist" vehicles with on board chargers make a lot more sense to me for an everyday driver.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    His facts are all WRONG

lol everyone else here can understand a battery rating....

I started slowly, an 80amphere battery can make 80amps for 1 hr or any combination of that formula
    You said a Tesla battey can be up to 100Kwh, ok so it can output 100kw for 1 hr or any combination of that for 1200lbs

Have you worked out we are not going boating with electric outboards until batterys are 10 to 20x better than the best today?
    Last edited by powerabout; 09-23-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tech is here now, not years off...

https://youtu.be/seLaT_OF1bE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Well how do you explain the Cybertruck having over 500 mile range?

embellishment
    when the truck actually comes out we will see what the true range is. Ill be interested to see just how far it can actually go towing say 5000 lbs. And that 500 mile range only comes on the top line model, so we will just have to see how expensive that is as well.

12. Thanks powerabout thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinkin maybe I'll push that "Buy" button that keeps flashing at me for one of those new SS Battery ETF's or the IPO offer.

It would be amazing to see vehicles, the supporting infrastucture buildout, finance and tax system to change by 2025...wonder if monthly lease
    and insurance total package offers will be $199/mo to get things rollin? Maybe I'll just get a monthly EV Auto subsciption bill like my Internet service and slde my CC card in the dash slot to buy a quick one time 0-60 rush when I need it.
    Last edited by scott reierson; 09-24-2021 at 12:16 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cuda and his posts...lol
    talking about recycling the new Tesla battery that they havnt yet put into production or even have an expected date.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scott reierson View Post
    Thinkin maybe I'll push that "Buy" button that keeps flashing at me for one of those new SS Battery ETF's or the IPO offer.

It would be amazing to see vehicles, the supporting infrastucture buildout, finance and tax system to change by 2025...wonder if monthly lease
    and insurance total package offers will be $199/mo to get things rollin? Maybe I'll just get a monthly EV Auto subsciption bill like my Internet service and slde my CC card in the dash slot to buy a quick one time 0-60 rush when I need it.
    all would be nice but all of that is a huge loss in revenue for the Gov, where is the money coming from and where is he payback?
    I think its going to get very expensive to drive a mile in the Bidens USA sometime soon...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered the three motor truck within 5 minutes of order taking, the wait doesn't bother me because It will have the best of everything that no other vehicle can compare, they have 1,256,000 pre orders now, I could probability sell mine for twice what I'm paying because the line is so l o n g
    Don't worry grasshopper the Government will tax, we will always be taxed in Norway gas is $6.27 per gallon, that's why Norway became the first country to sell more electric cars than petrol, hybrid and diesel engines put together last year, new data shows with battery electric vehicles BEVs accounting for 2/3s of sales in the final months of 2020,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Musk delivers like no one else he will go down in history as the Greatest person EVER, at the age of 12 he created a video game and sold it to a computer magazine, that should tell you something...

https://youtu.be/up6qKg5bfys

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An electric race boat would be a drag boat with a surface drive that had the motor behind the transom way down low.
    Possibly with a gear and pinion arrangement that put the prop shaft near water level.
    It would be cheap to manufacture but no fun at all.

19. Likes powerabout liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast