Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Don't worry grasshopper the Government will tax, we will always be taxed in Norway gas is $6.27 per gallon, that's why Norway became the first country to sell more electric cars than petrol, hybrid and diesel engines put together last year, new data shows with battery electric vehicles BEVs accounting for 2/3s of sales in the final months of 2020,
    The government will tax ... ????

That sounds political to me ... Greg said ..

PUSHING gas to $6.27 a gallon is more like tyranny than governing.

Al Bundy

2. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chaz you crack me up...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    Cuda and his posts...lol
    talking about recycling the new Tesla battery that they havnt yet put into production or even have an expected date.

Tesla likes to do everything they can in house not having to rely on others, Musk does not like excuses.

"Tesla points out that through the use of this new process, it managed to recycle 1,300 tons of nickel, 400 tons of copper and 80 tons of cobalt last year alone. This means the manufacturer now essentially produces some of the materials it needs, thus reducing the need to mine. The automaker explains that
    While Tesla has worked for years with third-party battery recyclers to ensure our batteries do not end up in a landfill, we understand the importance of also building recycling capacity in-house to supplement these relationships. Onsite recycling brings us one step closer to closing the loop on materials generation, allowing for raw material transfer straight to our nickel and cobalt suppliers. The facility knocks the cycle of innovation for battery recycling at scale, allowing Tesla to rapidly improve current designs through operational learnings and to perform process testing of R&D products"

Last edited by CUDA; 09-24-2021 at 11:19 AM.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My view of the future economics of Autos and boats etc is rather Dim.
    I see a world where most people are much poorer and have just one family vehicle and maybe a few might have a small Ski boat of less than 70hp.
    Interestingly this was the norm in New Zealand up to and during the 1970's.
    Ironically those were the best times for Boat racing that I remember.

7. Likes CUDA liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by H2OPERF View Post
    Chaz you crack me up...
    While I'd never drive a golf cart myself ... (generic surface transportation)

I have decided to somewhat go along with this new fad.

#1) I converted an old lathe I had buried out back .. to cut the Mika on used armature's.

Quick polish $479.95

Cut Mica .002 + polish $779.95

Cut Mica up to .005 + polish $1259.95

Micro polish so brite it'll catch a crow's eye at 150 yards ... 2995.95

High Energy graphite brushes . Imported from (Chernobyl Ukraine) $899.95 a set.

HUGE power leads , they might be used and ugly from sitting on the sea bottom for 50 years .. but that's when copper was copper .. limited supply $675.95 ft.

I found an ole creek that ain't used much .. that's where I'll do my parts warshin and used battery rebuildin ... $15,000.00

All the above will come with a complimentary YT video coverin all the basic's of battery lingo FREEi as long as you have an internet connection

Sign out front : Y ya mad ? U bought that POS NOT ME ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree It's about competition not how many horsepower, It's a ego thing

I could never get excited about drag racing over in 10 sec. just hold the wheel straight WOW nothing like circle racing

I like driving like corners side by side over wakes you know REAL racing not slot car straight line but that's all that's left around here boat racing is almost gone, drag racing is more about test and tune than driving,

Motorcycles have always been my real love, so simple turn the key and go, I'm a night rider, It's so freaking hot around here and I wear safety gear I go 10 pm and later.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    This is the future. Like it or not, its coming on hard.

Joe
    30 years. The first thing Maocury will do is tie up ALL the pantents,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    I agree It's about competition not how many horsepower, It's a ego thing

I could never get excited about drag racing over in 10 sec. just hold the wheel straight WOW nothing like circle racing

I like driving like corners side by side over wakes you know REAL racing not slot car straight line but that's all that's left around here boat racing is almost gone, drag racing is more about test and tune than driving,

Motorcycles have always been my real love, so simple turn the key and go, I'm a night rider, It's so freaking hot around here and I wear safety gear I go 10 pm and later.
    So you do none of the above ... drag race, circle or road course race. Yet you cast a shadow on other's accomplishments . Sour grapes ... ????

If you ever actually tried .. you would find that all take skill and dedication. It's easy for rail birds to chirp, not so much to actually go out and do it.

Taking out a moped at night .. fantasizing that you just passed Mark Marquez or Rossi is "all good" for an old man to do .... as long as you don't imped traffic .

BTW .. this is the "Burn't armature" "dead battery" thread ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was 16 I raced a hand full of amateur circle snowmobile races and I started buying bank repossessed cars my first was a 1968 road runner this was 1970, got it dirt cheap because the original owner drag raced It, big Holly, cam, headers, bellhousing protective cover, driveshaft safety ring, traction bars good old L 60-14 tires 4:56 gears It was a torque monster
    took It to the drags once, opened the headers took off air cleaner and had to pull 2nd gear quick because smoke was pouring out my rear wheels could not hook It up with out slicks never went back just street raced I was 16 and poor my girl friend who is now my wife wrote on the wall dear Lord let Jimmy make enough money to take me out Won a 30 mile marathon race around Grand Island 1980 not because I was the fastest, the three faster boats broke, started MVP boat racing 1983 about died 1985 In a blow over, ended up about 8 ft under water no life vest or helmet, had a Vortex ring on the lower unit in front of the prop was tack welded on after a rebuild Machinist said you just need three set screws to hold It on discouraged me from tack welding It like beforehand, while testing a brand new 400lb boat ring came off was stuck on prop when the scuba divers found It I had a new 550 lb the year before a evenfire crank $2500.00 in 1984-5 money which is like $6500 today for just the crankshaft, (just bought a new stroker 300XS crank for less than $2000} getting ready for the big Augusta Georgia race, got a lot of family pressure to quit, I collapsed my left lung breaking the dash with my bare chest snapped my ACL right knee tore the meniscus broken leg broken ribs I called it quits, Pat Eves a factory OMC service rep who supported me in MVP got me into outboard drag racing, he use to make warranty claims to get me parts, I knew him when he was a regular marine mechanic at the Baldwinsville Marina, that's how I met Gordon Montague , I've know Gordy since the early 90's Outboard drag raced with the Tenn. drag race association, Alabama , DSRA, ODBA , Ron Baker's group in Fl, whom ever put on the Eustis Fl races and the races at that military base in Alabama.
    Last edited by CUDA; 09-26-2021 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am way ahead of Mercury I've been running a 23' Eliminator Daytona, for at least 15 years with twin electric motors hooked each to a lithium ion battery that weighs 11 pounds each. Now here's the "kicker" I can run for 5 hours at 1.5 mile per hour.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210913_091117.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	436.7 KB 
ID:	493646
    Last edited by perfmarine1; 09-28-2021 at 09:16 AM.

14. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5