Ok guys so I built a 1995 vindicator 200 about 2 years ago. When I built it I lifted the exhaust ports to a 225 knocked down all the slag and ****ty castings. Then put 1989 225 reed cage reeds and crabs on it and put cdi stator,trigger and power pack with the stock fly wheel.
The motor has be great was pushing my 91 charger TV 21ft to 84mph on the GPS with a 28 raker. So now I just finished building an 89 hydrostream vking and put the vindicator on it and we'll needless to say what a different beast the vking is compared to a modified v lol but that's beside the point.
So about a month a go the motor decided that it didn't want to go on plan and sneezed coughed once or twice and then nothing won't start or run.
Anyways was planning on doing some more work to it this year so didn't really take anytime to diagnose the problem.
So the plan is tear it down close up the exhaust reliefs and possibly shave my heads a bit I'm only running 90psi compression right now would like to get up to 110 or 120 I also bought a gold fly wheel that I'm planning on putting on it I have the bearing carrier for it now I'm wondering what stator trigger and electronics I should put on with it and to be honest I'm sick and tired of the ****ty omc electronics in the 4 years I've been running this motor I've gone through 2 power packs 1 stator and a trigger and I'm betting the problem I had with it this year is a power pack again so is there an alternative that I can use with the gold flywheel?