Greetings To All,

Anyone out there care to chime in on some propeller help ? I have a 1993 20FT Skeeter bass boat with 175hp EFI Merc and am looking for some help in choosing a new prop. I tried a used Tempest Plus 21 pitch but it seems too large. This prop was literally in brand new condition and had only been used once for a few hours and has no visible damage. I had to remove the trim tab to install this prop. It's 14.6 in width. At idle speed it seems to noticeably vibrate more than the previous prop that I had on it, High 5 - 26 pitch. The Tempest prop had a great hole shot and increased top speed about 5 mph but like I said it seems too large and vibrates more than I'm used to.

I'm wondering if I should try a slightly smaller prop like a Fury, as it is a little smaller and I may be able to reinstall the trim tab. However, it is my understanding that the Fury prop is used mostly on 200hp and higher engines. I'm also looking at the MW Ballistic prop but do not know any of the pros and cons with this prop. My Skeeter is 20 ft and is pretty heavy with full load of two men and 44 gallons of gas so I need some beef to get on plane. The Tempest and High 5 both gave me a good hole shot but I'm also looking for some more top speed. I don't ever really need 44 gallons of gas so I could just do 1/2 tanks or less to lighten the load.

Any help will be greatly appreciated - Thanks !