Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Nürburgring record

WHO ELSE
    Elon Musk: Tesla Model S Plaid Sets EV Nürburgring Lap Record

A huge achievement—that's highly likely to be eclipsed soon.

SEE ALL 29 PHOTOSChristian SeabaughAuthor
    Sep 10, 2021

UPDATE 9/10/2021: The Nürburgring today released a statement saying that the Tesla Model S Plaid had set its EV lap record with a time of 7:35.579. It also released a video via YouTube, viewable below, showing Swedish driver Andreas Simonsen behind the yoke—yes, the run was made with the controversial alternative steering device—of the Plaid.

The original article continues below.

The Tesla Model S Plaid has just set the production electric car lap record at Germany's famed Nürburgring racetrack, CEO Elon Musk said today on Twitter. He said the car used was "completely unmodified, directly from [the] factory."

That 7:30:909 time, if true, would make the Model S Plaid, which uses Tesla's new tri-motor powertrain good for 1,020 horsepower and 1,050 lb-ft of torque, 11.431 seconds quicker than the next-fastest EV to lap the Nürburgring, the 616-hp dual-motor Porsche Taycan Turbo. It's worth mentioning that the more powerful 750-hp Taycan Turbo S has yet to be run around the famed racetrack. That's probably a moot point, though—the 1,914-hp quad-motor Rimac Nevera is likely to be significantly quicker around the 'Ring than them all.

SPONSORED CONTENT
    Shop smarter during the Toyota Certified Used Vehicles Sales...
    By Toyota

While there's a long list of internal combustion engine performance cars faster than the Model S Plaid around the 'Ring, only two four-door vehicles are quicker than the Model S—the Jaguar XE SV Project 8 (7:23.164 in a Jaguar-conducted test), and the Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4Matic+ 4-Door (7:23.009 in a Mercedes-conducted but independently timed test).

One caveat: As Tesla has proven time and time again with the Model S Plaid, it's best to approach its claims with a healthy dose of skepticism until they've been independently verified. Take the company's stated 1.99-second 0-60 mph and 9.23-second quarter-mile times for the Plaid, which as it turns out require a sticky, prepared launch box used for drag racing to achieve. We tested the car both in this Tesla-approved manner and using our usual methodology—so, on an unprepped surface like that of pretty much any road in the world—and found the car to be slower in the truer-to-life scenario. Of course, slower is a relative term here, as it still managed a blistering 2.07-second 0-60 run and a quarter time of 9.34 seconds.

SEE ALL 29 PHOTOS

In the Twitter thread, Musk went on to say the next hurdle for the Plaid will be to run the famous track in modified form with additional aerodynamic pieces, carbon-ceramic brakes, and stickier tires, but also said that Tesla "didn't have the bandwidth" to attempt such a run itself, instead deferring to "good third-party mod shops." He also stated that an over-the-air software update with track-oriented settings and "waypoints and other things" for the Model S is "probably a few weeks away," adding "I know, I know" in a reference to the company's well-known failures to hit stated launch and released dates.

We've reached out to Tesla for its VBOX data and footage of the Nürburgring run and will update if we hear back from the automaker.

We have invented the world; WE see

2. Thanks powerabout thanked for this post
    Likes John S liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    range per charge?
    Just an analog guy trapped in a digital world.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5. Likes LMT383 liked this post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Write the title right dude.

New ELECTRIC record.
    In other words, who the fk cares?

Yay.

Hows range in summer commuting traffic w/AC on?

Or winter w/heat on?

In other words, you are one of 3 on this site that could give a ****.

Do you get a stiffy when you find **** to copy and paste on here?

Take ur fukn boys and just go away already.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

7. Likes SCT, Forkin' Crazy, SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is the 3rd guy LOL? Maybe Greg.

We were following a Challenger Hellcat today and I started thinking it was cool and the wondered how the cost would compare with a Model S Plaid. I am not buying either so I don’t really care. Big money either way. But as a lotto prize, I would prefer the Plaid.

Instigator, I am a fan of yours , but I am not with you on this one. Politeness please

My rides:

SS2000/200XS
    J Craft/150 HO Etec
    12’ Tinny/8 HP Yamaha 2 stroke
    69 Lotus
    2007 Miata

On the other hand, I expect Porsche to be capable of building a car to take the record.

9. Thanks John S thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah It's a dog,
    It only did 269 KPH which is 200MPH
    This is the 4 door family wagon, 4,800 lb.
    Elon is giving that car to a company that's going to put bigger and better racing tires carbon fiber brakes ,enlarge the wheel wells aero package tweak the motors and give it another go...

The Tesla sports car will be special, 4 motors.

https://youtu.be/em4I4V-AvBo
    Last edited by CUDA; 09-19-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Don't like the topic, move along and find one to contribute to that you do like. The thing I really don't like aboot the Tesla is that goofy laptop screen display. Its visually disruptive, and I would think it's distracting. One thing that's indisputable, that thing hauls ass.

And David, if you hit the lotto, you can have both.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would buy both if I hit the lotto, and a Tuff 28/450. But I'd keep my SS2000 and the family J Craft.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I see , crud lies and e-jerk has a knee-jerk reaction.

Hey dunkouff's .. it's an expensive propaganda project that is not available to the public .. so neither one of you two **** ****** 's will ever drive or own one of those *** slot cars ..

You two poor *** ******** try so hard , only to end up with *** .. err .. egg on your faces , time after time .. battery this ... commie that .. lost causes .. both of you !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to get out more the world has changed...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    I see , crud lies and e-jerk has a knee-jerk reaction.

Hey dunkouff's .. it's an expensive propaganda project that is not available to the public .. so neither one of you two **** ****** 's will ever drive or own one of those *** slot cars ..

You two poor *** ******** try so hard , only to end up with *** .. err .. egg on your faces , time after time .. battery this ... commie that .. lost causes .. both of you !

Order now, I ordered the same configuration 3 motor 500 mile battery with in 5 minutes of the opening order line for the Cybertruck, they are using the new design battery which is causing the delay which I'm fine with, because that means It will be cutting edge and lighter , for less money than than a Ram/Ford/GM 4x4 diesel. It will be truly self driving also a $ 7,500 option that has now been increased to $10,000.

Place your order Cave man https://www.tesla.com/models
    Last edited by CUDA; 09-19-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Samsung Electronics has chosen the city of Taylor, Texas, as the site for its planned $17 billion investment and is set to sit down with the city's authorities Wednesday to discuss the construction of a new chip plant.

A source at the Suwon, Gyeonggi-based chipmaker told the JoongAng Ilbo that Samsung has recently finalized the mega-sized investment decision.

“So far, [Samsung Electronics] has thoroughly reviewed four to five locations for the ‘Star Project.,’” said the source who wished to remain anonymous.
    “What I learn is that [Samsung] finally chose Taylor after taking into account investment incentives and geographic conditions,” the source said.

Local media outlets in Texas reported earlier this month that a big announcement is set to be made during the meeting between the Williamson County Commissioners Court, Taylor City Council and Samsung.

The proposed agenda is to “discuss, consider and take appropriate action on a resolution in support of Samsung Austin Semiconductor LLC's selection of Williamson County as the location of its new $17 billion facility," according to a post on the website of the county where Taylor is located.

Taylor City Mayor Brandt Rydell is expected to execute a wide range of agreements required for the Samsung project including a tax abatement agreement and a development agreement, according to media outlet Taylor Press.

Measuring 4.8 million square meters (51.7 million square feet), the proposed location is four times larger than Samsung Electronics’ existing chip plant in Austin.

The Taylor Independent School District office in June tentatively approved $314 million worth of tax breaks for the next 10 years, following Samsung’s application seeking favorable tax incentives.

According to a document filed with the Texas Comptroller office, Samsung plans to break ground by the first quarter of 2022 with the aim of operating by the final quarter of 2024.

The tech giant had considered several U.S. locations including in New York, Arizona and the Manor Independent School District, near the company’s existing Austin plant.

The Manor site was considered the frontrunner in the race because of its proximity to both the existing plant and suppliers of semiconductor parts.

However, that plan was abandoned following the temporary shutdown of the Austin factory in February due to a power outage, a glitch which led to 400-billion-won ($350 million) worth of losses.

An industry insider said that the event turned Samsung off the Manor site.

“If you set up the new facility in a location away from the Austin plant, it could cost Samsung more for the supply of water and electricity and the establishment of other infrastructure,” the source in the semiconductor industry said.

“But the advantage is that it can operate the line in a more stable manner,” he said, referring to the safer management of utility services in times of urgency.

Samsung Electronics announced last month that it will invest 240 trillion won over three years in its most important businesses for the future: chips, telecommunications, biopharmaceuticals, robotics, artificial intelligence and quantum computing.

Some 180 trillion won will be invested in Korea and the rest outside of the nation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tesla And Samsung Reportedly Sign $436M Deal For Cybertruck Cameras

Tesla is rumored to have signed a huge $436 million deal with Samsung Electro-Mechanics for the supply of camera modules.

[COLOR=var(--post-date-color)]Jul 13, 2021 at 8:37am ET[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--main-text-color-special)]By: Dan Mihalascu[/COLOR]

Tesla has reportedly signed a huge $436 million deal with Samsung Electro-Mechanics for the supply of camera modules for a new EV.
    The Tesla Cybertruck is believed to be the main recipient of the new cameras. Expected to enter production in late 2021, the Cybertruck will be worthy of its name not just in terms of the out-of-this-world design but the sheer amount of technology that will go into it.
    Cameras will play a big part in that, and the electric truck will pack rearview and side cameras, along with more than eight front-facing and rear-facing cameras for self-driving capability. The Cybertruck even has a camera under the front bumper that could prove useful off-road in rock crawling scenarios.
    According to several reports from South Korea, including The Korea Economic Daily, the deal between “the largest US EV maker” and the electronic components maker is worth $436.7 million and will help Samsung Electro-Mechanics offset the stalled growth in the global mobile phone industry.
    Gallery: Tesla Cybertruck On the Highway

[COLOR=var(--main-text-color-special)]12
    [COLOR=var(--white-color)]Photos[/COLOR]

The company’s business of camera modules and multi-layer ceramic capacitors (MLCCs) has been sluggish lately, as Samsung Electronics, its key customer and affiliate, posted weaker-than-expected smartphone sales in the second quarter amid the pandemic and increased competition.
    The deal with Tesla is expected to help Samsung increase its MLCC business, especially in the automotive sector. The parts will be manufactured at the company’s facility in Tianjin, China, during the second half of 2021.
    First unveiled as a prototype in 2019, the Tesla Cybertruck is finally approaching its late-2021 launch date. In the past 12 months, Elon Musk has offered updates regarding the Cybertruck’s design, hinting at a slightly more compact footprint, a robust stainless steel alloy for “uncomparable strength,” and solar cell panels providing extra range when the pickup is parked in sunlight.
    Always according to the Tesla CEO, the Cybertruck will be produced in at least small figures by the end of this year at the Giga Texas plant in Austin, though volume production is likely to start in 2022.
    [COLOR=var(--heading-color)]More on the Tesla Cybertruck[/COLOR]
    Tesla Cybertruck: Is Over 1 Million Pre-Orders Even Possible?
    Watch Tesla Cybertruck Get Dirty With Elon Musk In Austin, Texas

[/COLOR]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind if you guys want to play with your ugly , slow , low miles per charge , golf carts in the corner somewhere out of the flow of traffic.
    The problem is the commiecrats won't afford me the same respect in a few years. Thats right , they will still fly jumbo jets with less than a handful of passengers on board , while forcing everyone else to drive a golf cart. No more gasoline for sale .. wait , what about us cave men .. not willing to join the "generic surface transportation" conformist's ... ????
    Public transportation (bus) , scan my chip to see if my shots are up to date .. ???
    Question me if I travel too much .. ??? Why do I travel a different route , at different times .. ???
    The government noose is growing tighter and more extreme every day. While it's true I don't get out much anymore .. I did have my day as a gypsy , racing Top Dragster from Palm Beach to Leister N.Y. .. west to Shreveport La. and every stop along the way. I don't see motorhome's making those trips , running trailer lights in Wally-mart's parking lot at midnight, while changing out a backsided piston . ( I hear you can't park overnight at wally-world anymore , but it's OK to steal up to $1000 dollars worth of merch without being looked at twice).
    If they won't sell pizz water gas anymore , it's probably foolish of me to think I could go buy a drum of 118/120 NOS gas ... or a drum of M5 alky. I'm glad I got to live in the heyday ... but it would be nice if my kid or grandkids were afforded the same opportunities I had to be called champion.

The more you support "the green new deal" the more power you hand over to to the power hungry mob in Washington. If you can't stand up for what's right , go ahead and "cave in" .. Me , I'll choose to "live in a cave" as a free man for the rest of my days .. without big brother forcing me to bow down at their every whim !

19. Likes hydrochicken liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chaz, just look at what they are planning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast