Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDChase View Post
    Check out the Chaudron pro s 22, wait time is only 1/3 that of Tuff...(that I do really like), price is just a little better and It seems the hull may be even better designed for some salt conditions. I will find out this spring!
    That Chaudron looks awesome - looks expensive though - do you have a ballpark idea of what the prices are?

Looking at the centerline length, it looks like the GS is more like a 19 footer, whereas the Chaudron, Tuff, Progression, Superboat-types, etc are all 21-22 feet - it makes sense that they'd ride better in rougher water. I'm guessing the Chaudron 22, Tuff 20 (when its availble), and Progression 22 all cost between $65k and $90k ish with 300's (200 for the Tuff)? I believe the Liberator 21's go for about $75k new with a 300R, so I'm guessing the others are in that ballpark as well. There's an Allison GS with 150 Pro XS listed on boattrader for $59k with trailer - thinking the price would be similar if you custom ordered one? Are the Checkmates a little cheaper? The Pulsare 2000 and 2100, either the BR or closed bow aren't as nice looking, to me, as the GS, but they're not bad looking. - no idea what the prices are on these, but thought they were thought of as a little lower quality? I'm assuming its gotta cost more than an Allison though, since they would need 250-300hp... Does anything stand out as like, an outstanding bargain in the performance boat world, from 18 to 22 feet? The last few Allison GS's I've seen for sale used looked really clean for their age - since most were lake boats, maybe it would be do-able to find a super clean older one, then repower it with something modern...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered the Chaudron PRO S22 for a spring delivery with a long list of options including 300R side steering ram, custom jack plate, custom aluminum trailer and custom colors, final price is still pending but it all should end up in the 80s.

3. Likes Rak Rua liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet and I think that sounds like a great value too! Looking forward to seeing that one!
    TJ @ Baker Engineering
    Tuff 24 300xs
    Tuff 16 90 Yammie
    3.75@199mph with LSX power!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Allison is a great boat and probably the best value out there because of the power needed to achieve the 90+ thrill! But I am done with the 2 stroke thing and no matter how you look at it the more weight you add the better and more capable hull you will get. I think the new 4 stroke V8s are the way to go as well as the narrow offshore breed of hulls. Anything you run under 25' over 70 mph becomes a "drivers boat" and takes a special skill set to operate them. There are so many variables and verities of hulls and power options that are available it becomes a choice as to what you are willing to sacrifice for speed!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...every boats a compromise...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Allison is a great boat and probably the best value out there because of the power needed to achieve the 90+ thrill! But I am done with the 2 stroke thing and no matter how you look at it the more weight you add the better and more capable hull you will get. I think the new 4 stroke V8s are the way to go as well as the narrow offshore breed of hulls. Anything you run under 25' over 70 mph becomes a "drivers boat" and takes a special skill set to operate them. There are so many variables and verities of hulls and power options that are available it becomes a choice as to what you are willing to sacrifice for speed!
    I agree with all of that. I kind of like that the Allison takes more skill to drive - should keep it interesting. The Merc V8's are proving to be excellent engines, but if you step up into the size of boat that can run them, you're now looking at a $30k+ 300R and a $40k+ hull to hang one on. My wife is really not into the speedboat kick I'm currently on - she'd much prefer a more family oriented center console with higher freeboard, rougher water handling, etc. That makes a $70k+ new, or $50k+ used race boat a hard sell when it essentially does everything worse than a family center console, in her eyes, that could be bought for similar or less money.... Seeing a couple nice used GS's sell recently for $13,500-20k (even without power), the Merc 150 4s, and even the 175 pro XS - 225 v6 are really a lot cheaper than the 250-300 V8's, looking at $14k-20k vs $30k. That's an easier price package for me to sell her on, especially since its narrower, shorter, lighter, and overall smaller to fit into the small space we have to keep it vs an 8'+ beam 20' CC with a t-top... Everything sure has gotten expensive over the last 2 years

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    That's why you should plan on owning at least a few of them! lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the expense is certainly a huge issue, and also a secure place to keep your prize possession is a factor. After the boats I have had in the past it was fairly easy to sell my wife on the Chaudron 22, high freeboard, 5 occupants and some storage and able to press the century mark!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why you should plan on owning at least a few of them! lol
    ...thats it. thats the only possible correct answer to jupiter24's pickle. no more discussion required...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    I agree 100 percent, you have to give up something with each boat. I have been in search of the perfect boat for years...Ain't gunna happen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the boat for you.

www.laniercustomboats.com

13. Likes 282 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still like the idea of a 4 seat 21' Allison bass boat with a 300R. 100 mph easy and lots of storage.

Note that the Linder Challenger 21 was actually 20'8" (same as Tuff 21) and a Grandsport is 20'3" overall. In real life as opposed to a spreadsheet, the Tuff 21 is a lot bigger than a GS

I'd search for a used Merc 200XS ROS if I were to buy the new Tuff 20.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3