Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XstreamVking View Post
    Well, before we get all glassy eyed and turn pacifist, I was not kidding about the greenies changing the world forever. The inmates have taken over the asylum.
    I agree completely. I see the challenge in swinging the confused people back on board with the sane people and I aint never walked into a place with a bunch of angry people and stayed long so none of these lost folks will follow along with us if all we are is angry let the demons be angry we're the good guys and we have to live it, not talk it. We need to have the house rocking good times and lead by example. Fun aint sissy, being respectful aint sissy, having a good time aint sissy, these are the goals. At least they are for me I want to enjoy it ALL

Thats the intent and the goal is to live the good life and welcome all who want the same onboard with that goal
    Hydrostream dreamin

2. Likes Will hedrick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, he should just slink off? Gregs a big boy, and I'm sure has heard it all before. I don't agree with that crap. No one has to agree 100% with what he said. I liked the fact that he said his piece before he split.
    Last edited by XstreamVking; 09-08-2021 at 01:03 PM.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

4. Likes LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL to someone that is so myopic and self righteous that they think they need to do a walkout thread. No one cares Whaaaatsoever. Hard to believe I actually agree with Paul Harrop on something. Ice cubes in everyone's drinks in hell today, I guess.
    Last edited by John S; 09-08-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think johns post may have proven the point that whaaaaat was making without him even knowing he did.
    Last edited by XstreamVking; 09-08-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Rebuild thread:
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It aint cool to drop names of people who dont use their names as their username. Thats bad form. Got to keep some level of rapport gents
    Hydrostream dreamin

8. Likes Bodhi liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul, you used to have your name in your sig. So that's how I address you. Just like I call Cullen by his name. He's never complained. That's hardly in poor taste. You obviously have some emotional issues, I've never once threatened you. Only pointed out what a hypocrite you are talking about how you saw a guy, walked away, then bragged how you should've whooped him. All you had to do was ask to use you screen handle, and poof, it would be done. Sea easier than this little tirade, no?

Wow, seriously, the FB sitdwons, the constant meltdowns here, now the threats of shooting people on your property??? You need to relax, the help is there for you, you just need to make the first step.
    Last edited by John S; 09-08-2021 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Wow. Just.... Wow

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, I hear ya forkin. I bought the show. But at least there was a show. If I ever retire from here, there will be a so long and good luck thread. But, I got gator skin and can't easily be run off...

Rebuild thread:
    Videos

11. Likes Forkin' Crazy, tnelsmn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see the point being made......... get on with your life........the internet is a habit that eats away on ya time to really go and do things.......go in peace........Pluk cda ej et all..........Zimmupa.......S ghonboysoy........

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anybody on here that is in there 30's means when this site got started you were in gradeschool. some of them never left
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This site gives you what you put into it. You do not need to leave; you can just work with me to address issues. I am always here and open to that.

It's a big site, and there will always be trolls, but I see people actively engage these trolls, then report the post once the fighting gets out of hand. This place isn't all about taking, taking, and more taking. It's a give AND take. I do not mean that directed specifically at the OP, just as a general philosophy here.

A number of posts this week (not this one) got our Google AdSense advertising revenue suspended for 30 days. That is going to hurt the site a great deal, but the people that caused it don't care. On top of the financial bind that paying my mom's medical bills is placing me, this is just like salt in the wounds. So, those of you that created that situation, thank you.

Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure how it works, but if Greg one day just said F it and shut the whole thing down I would not blame him. Too much babysitting that he is doing. We are all grown, let's act that way.
    1973 Viper - sold
    1978 Viking - sold
    1995 XB02

16. Thanks Scream And Fly, oldschoolltv thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s all get back to talking boats, if you end up with some issues with someone put them on ignore, it made me feel better.

18. Thanks Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have been at this a very long time now, and one thing that never changes is the patterns of how these troll/fighting situations begin and play out. It is always the same.

I am not referring to this post; this is my general observance.

The small minority of people that are constantly bemoaning the problems here make their voices a perpetual drone in the background here, yet they themselves rarely - if ever - try to correct any of these wrongs they post about. They're always more than willing to repeat the very same things that they never do anything to help fix. I always - ALWAYS see the same people that rush in to 'like' a post when somebody posts about how they're leaving. But I never see these same people doing anything to help the situation. Yes, they've done their loyal duty by clicking 'like'.

Most often when the little Romper Room playfights take place, I'll almost always see the same people inject themselves into a thread to ramp up the fighting, then later they'll complain about how the site is not what it used to be. When I ask them about it directly, I'll always get the same responses: "Why are you asking me? They started it!" Believe it or not. I see that more than anything. No matter how out-of-hand a post escalates, the people that keep replying and escalating the problem feel fully confident that they are totally justified in what they're doing since they did not start it. I could write a book about this and it could be used by first-grade school teachers as a manual on how to deal with disruptive kids.

Some people here seem to find it an impossibly difficult task to ignore immaturity and keep themselves out of a post. They reason that just because somebody posts something that they disagree with - even if it's not a post meant to cause disruption - it's their duty to set them straight by any means necessary. And in the end, they are never to blame.

If people want to talk about boats - that's not what The Lounge is for, so stop posting here. As large as this site is, it is extremely well behaved. Anybody that is a member of other large sites knows this. If you're going to say that Facebook is better, then just go there. S&F has a really great group there, but (among other things) Facebook doesn't tolerate the kind of nonsense that people get away with here, for better or for worse.

You should see some of the emails I get from people that create bogus email accounts just to send me threats and call me all sorts of names. They're much too chicken and afraid to reveal who they are though, since they are ashamed of their own opinions so much.

Crybabies, grow up. Act like adults. Make my life easier. If you want to talk about boats, then why are you in The Lounge? If that's too difficult, then maybe you should leave this site.

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr Greg..... ya shouldn't have to worriee abou't us school girls.....Dammmm keep outarr the sandbox and watch the dumbars fly............. yar a good man for putti'n up with us.......Many thanks.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not know.........a bunch of badd arses,,,,,make ya place dirty...... clean house............I hope I did never give ya a bad post,,,,,,,,Just funny simes here.............In the old days........do ya remeber.....I do and think about the old dazz..............Freeport ramp..... Gus's marine...... Allhambra......just down from all american.........Yummy........

22. Likes Frank Molé liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast