Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good bye scream and fly

I think I'm done here guys. I have enjoyed this site for a long time. It was and very well still could be a great place to share ideas about boating and going fast. To help fellow members diagnose issues, or dial in upgrades. To discuss and philosophize on fast boats.

Unfortunately the above rarely happens here anymore, most new post are political in nature and have nothing to do with boating. This site has been circling the drain for years being starved of its lifeblood of boating content.

^^^^ This is Not why I'm done.

When questions about boats are asked I try to participate in the conversation if I feel I have knowledge to add. I will ask questions if I feel knowledge can be gained. I have started threads simply to keep the boating content up and the conversation going. I will miss it.

As a boating site subjective conversations will start. Wood vs composite. Lip vs no lip. V bottom vs tunnel. 4 stroke vs 2 stroke. Batteries vs common sense. Invariably these conversations can get heated, as any worthwhile debate can, and should, if there's no passion behind your words then your wasting your breath in the wrong conversation. I very much enjoy these boating related discussions as my passion for going fast on the water and my thirst for the knowledge and experience related to fast boats is why I'm here.

When participating in any discussion on this forum, heated or otherwise, I don't type words I wouldn't say directly to those people were we all sitting at the same table speaking face to face. I just assume win an argument with a big stick as I would with a convincing argument. This is how I am and I make no apologies for it. If my words, my condescending nature, my intimidation and humiliation tactics in conversation hurt your feelings, grow a pair!
    I would rather a debate degenerate into oblivion than have any one side silenced over a matter of subjective taste.
    I will no longer tolerate being censored by a moderator who is cuckold to his Google overlords. This is why I'm leaving!
    Censorship in any form is a disservice to all. It is not any man's right to decide what another man might see. For no matter what side of the argument your on. Your time to be silenced will come.

For those of you who disagree.
    For the 4 joke fan boys.
    For the battery powered chuckle heads.

May your drain plugs be forgotten,
    your bilge pumps never prime,
    your gasoline be forever vanished and full of water,
    your gearcase seals always leak,
    your valves always drop,
    you blocks always windowed,
    your lithium meet with the water in the most spectacular fashion,
    your beer forever be flat and warm,
    And your waters always be rough, and your skies always rain.
    My only hope is that one day you see the error in your ways and join us the side of logic, reason, and morals.

For everyone else.
    May the sun always shine.
    The water clear and rippled ever so slightly perfected for speed.
    May your leakdown numbers never diminish,
    your fuel always be fresh and clear,
    your bilge pumps never be needed,
    your batteries stay forever charged
    your stereos be loud and clear,
    your beverages always stay icy cold and delicious,
    And your boats forever on the pad and triple digits as easy as a walk in the park.

Fairweather and fair well my friends.
    ANTI40​It's just an idea.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well..... that about sums it up I reckon..

Check out my onlyfans....
    Subscriptions start at 1 gallon 100LL a month

3. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not read the entire post but I use the past here to find lots of solutions and answers to my questions. You will be back!
    1973 Viper - sold
    1978 Viking - sold
    1995 XB02

5. Likes hydrochicken, Lake X Kid liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This site is and the posts here are still about 75% boating related... 24 out of the last 30 posts (80%) were not in the political section.
    I just can't understand why people can't enjoy the parts of the site that they are interested in and ignore the rest... I don't spend any time reading the "Racer's Hangout" or "Jet Drive" posts but they don't bother me and other people obviously enjoy them... live & let live!

Let's just go ahead and make America great again!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8. Thanks XstreamVking thanked for this post
    Likes David - WI, XstreamVking liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just let them play with and develop their electric stuff. Who cares? Maybe one day it will be the only thing available. The way it's going, the ICE is going to be banned by the greenies in what, 10yrs max ? We see our latest and greatest, wasteful, non point of use, electric battery driven vehicles being pushed very hard now. When you see the iconic F150 turn to batteries, it's the writing on the wall. Power boats as we knew them, are gonna be dinosaurs.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

10. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XstreamVking View Post
    Just let them play with and develop their electric stuff. Who cares? Maybe one day it will be the only thing available. The way it's going, the ICE is going to be banned by the greenies in what, 10yrs max ? We see our latest and greatest, wasteful, non point of use, electric battery driven vehicles being pushed very hard now. When you see the iconic F150 turn to batteries, it's the writing on the wall. Power boats as we knew them, are gonna be dinosaurs.
    Probably, but it's not driven by practical considerations... Biden stops the Keystone pipeline expansion and voids the drilling permits on public land in order to drive the cost of gas up to the point where electric vehicles don't appear to be at a huge disadvantage. With nearly unlimited cheap, plentiful gasoline companies would not be spending (wasting) money switching everything over to electric power.

Let's just go ahead and make America great again!

12. Thanks rock thanked for this post
    Likes Forkin' Crazy, hydrochicken liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    91 Seaswirl 178 spyder sport. Evinrude XP175. (59 MPH, so far, and so close).
    85 Sleekcraft SST , 225 Johnson...(sold)

14. Thanks David - WI thanked for this post
    Likes David - WI liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont worry
    we still race horses dont we, big industry around that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe we will see more of this departure of the site (already begun quietly) as the lines are drawn on the position that you take on certain subjects. (politics, the vax, social tolerance) When someone feels that the group does not support their views (or the right to have differing views) people just move along like whaaaat did. It's a product of the times. We are being divided in so many ways. Our common love for the simple old powerboats and engines we could fix at the ramp and buy for a couple of grand is now becoming a thing of the past. Taken over by the guys who have learned that they can just buy couple 450 mercs, bolt them to a tritoon and go 100. Or, put batteries in it and challenge their limits. (which is not wrong IMO) Times are changing and will not ever go back to the way they were.

Rebuild thread:
    Videos

17. Likes hydrochicken, LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being new here, its discouraging to see people leave that were here long before me. Whatever the problem was, it must have been a true scale tipper to let it influence this decision.

The very second you let the words or actions of another man determine your next move, you are no longer a master of yourself but a slave to the will of other men.
    "The character of a man can be easily judged by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"

19. Thanks LakeFever thanked for this post
    Likes LakeFever, skipe, Forkin' Crazy, Bodhi liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe we will see more of this departure of the site (already begun quietly) as the lines are drawn on the position that you take on certain subjects. (politics, the vax, social tolerance) When someone feels that the group does not support their views (or the right to have differing views) people just move along like whaaaat did. It's a product of the times. We are being divided in so many ways. Our common love for the simple old powerboats and engines we could fix at the ramp and buy for a couple of grand is now becoming a thing of the past. Taken over by the guys who have learned that they can just buy couple 450 mercs, bolt them to a tritoon and go 100. Or, put batteries in it and challenge their limits. (which is not wrong IMO) Times are changing and will not ever go back to the way they were.
    your spot on here imo. Times change, people grow, people die, new inventions come along and displace old ones. Horse vs car type thing. None of this ought to affect your attitude towards yourself or your future. Every day of life is really the most incredible gift considering we get 80 or so years if we are lucky and the earth is billions of years old it’s so short to be wasted being angry at anyone you really don’t have to deal with. Hence the troll posts and all the political anger. For those of us who get angry about all that it’s best to just Let all the negative emotions go. When we hold onto avoidable anger we only hurt ourselves which harms our community because one less happy boatin man is one more angry person out there to contend with at some time or another.

it’s a lot easier than you think to let anger go and simply focus on what’s right for you and mind our own business and that’s that. If things get more expensive well that sucks but I’ve seen things get more expensive my whole life. I’ve scrapped cars at the junk yard for twenty bucks in weight that would sell for five grand or more today. Supply and demand always changing, always impacting price. It’s the way of capitalism. Embrace it and embrace change and buy whatever works best for you and wave while on the water and all the other people as lucky as you to be out that day.

Give it time to take hold because little gestures take time to root in. Then the good old days will be today again. It’s not about history it’s about attitude and perspective. We need a dog gone perspective revolution. Life is amazing!
    Hydrostream dreamin

21. Thanks Smalltownbassin thanked for this post
    Likes Smalltownbassin, CDave, Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefever View Post
    your spot on here imo. Times change, people grow, people die, new inventions come along and displace old ones. Horse vs car type thing. None of this ought to affect your attitude towards yourself or your future. Every day of life is really the most incredible gift considering we get 80 or so years if we are lucky and the earth is billions of years old it’s so short to be wasted being angry at anyone you really don’t have to deal with. Hence the troll posts and all the political anger. For those of us who get angry about all that it’s best to just let all the negative emotions go. When we hold onto avoidable anger we only hurt ourselves which harms our community because one less happy boatin man is one more angry person out there to contend with at some time or another.

It’s a lot easier than you think to let anger go and simply focus on what’s right for you and mind our own business and that’s that. If things get more expensive well that sucks but i’ve seen things get more expensive my whole life. I’ve scrapped cars at the junk yard for twenty bucks in weight that would sell for five grand or more today. Supply and demand always changing, always impacting price. It’s the way of capitalism. Embrace it and embrace change and buy whatever works best for you and wave while on the water and all the other people as lucky as you to be out that day.

Give it time to take hold because little gestures take time to root in. Then the good old days will be today again. It’s not about history it’s about attitude and perspective. We need a dog gone perspective revolution. Life is amazing!
    truth
    "The character of a man can be easily judged by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"

23. Thanks LakeFever thanked for this post
    Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, before we get all glassy eyed and turn pacifist, I was not kidding about the greenies changing the world forever. The inmates have taken over the asylum.

Rebuild thread:
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Minnow View Post
    Completely disagree with this. If you are not paying attention to what is going on around you and reacting accordingly, you deserve the crap sandwich (to put it lightly) that is handed to you.
    Its just a reminder to be a master of self at all times without letting someone else take power over your emotions to the point that you "react" instead of act. Its not intended to mean that a man should lay down and take it in the rear.

26. Likes XstreamVking, CDave, SS Minnow, LakeFever liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast