Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lifting it up made it worse. I could have driven through it just didn't want to risk it being the first time out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any make or model of prop I should be looking for. I don't want to spend a lot on a testing prop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can buy used props and sell them easily enough. It’s sort of like renting or would be if I did not keep so many.

So you won’t have a lot unrecoverable money in a testing prop

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 19'Reaction View Post
    Is there any make or model of prop I should be looking for. I don't want to spend a lot on a testing prop.
    What exactly do you want to do with the boat? Where in Florida are you located? What motor is on your boat? Do you want an all around good running boat, or are you just looking for top end? I had a friend with a red 19' reaction with a 300 Merc pro XS I think he had on it, could've been a 300 rs, it was a two stroke I remember that much. He got it going 92 mph after A LOT of different props including choppers, cleavers, pro et's, etc. etc. etc. and fooling around with it. His best all around prop on that boat was a Mercury Pro-Max and I think it also was his fastest top end. He told me the boat needs a prop with a barrel.

If you're looking for a good all around prop on that boat. A Mercury Tempest+ if your searching for a 3 blade. Depending on your engine HP a Mercury Revolution 4, bravo FS or Bravo XS or even Pro Max if you have big HP could all be great choices for a 4 blade, I like 4 blades as I find the boat rides better in the mid range and performs better with people on it. I have a 21" Tempest + that I origionally had on my boat that you could try if you're anywhere near Fort Lauderdale. It was underpropped for my boat, but I did get 63.6 mph out of it at the rev limiter at 6200 rpms (20' L+B Backwater with 250HP SHO, but a heavy boat with 2 10' power poles, trolling motor, 3 batteries, 3 people in it, 1 livewell full) when I ran that. Ironically I only get about 3 mph more with a 25" pitch worked bravo 4 blade prop. I'm looking for mid range and staying on plane at slower speeds as I flats fish.
    Last edited by Capt j; 08-29-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm located in SWFL. The main goal for the boat is the best mid range speed. The boat has a 1985 Johnson v6 200hp 20in mid. I'm not looking for top end speed at this point, the end goal is to have a everyday all purpose prop and then a top end prop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 19'Reaction View Post
    I'm located in SWFL. The main goal for the boat is the best mid range speed. The boat has a 1985 Johnson v6 200hp 20in mid. I'm not looking for top end speed at this point, the end goal is to have a everyday all purpose prop and then a top end prop.
    I don't think your boat will turn a 24" chopper. I think it's too much prop for your boat. I go to Everglades City about once a month with my boat. I could bring the Tempest + with me for you to try, if Everglades City is anywhere near you. In a 21" it probably would be the right size for your boat with a 200HP. My 20' L+B origionally had a 200 HPDI and that's the prop that the PO bought it with, then put a 250HP SHO on it and kept the same prop (not sure why). A 4 blade revolution would probably be the best prop for you as far as mid range speed goes. BUT, you have to first figure out what size pitch you can turn. A buddy has a perfect 23" revolution 4 blade that he wants to sell, not sure price.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard good things about the solas props. And there dirt cheap as far as stainless new props. Definitely see what you can borrow first. Or if there's a halfway decent prop shop around you they probably have used props they'll let you test with a deposit. The 24 probably not be too big depending on your load.
    ANTI40​It's just an idea.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the help.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try calling some local prop shops, many have props laying around they'll let you try with a deposit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 99 with a 250 proxs v8, 10in bobs. Try a pro max or trophy plus. You’re gonna need tabs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE : Just got back from college so I got to take the boat out again, I got some unknown 23 pitch 3 blade thru hub prop on it now. The boat ran good and most of the porposing is gone. The boat ran about 55 mph at 5200rpm with no trim. The motor on it right now is a 20" mid which is just to short. I have to run the jack plate all the way down with negative trim to not blow out the prop. Im in the process of changing the mid to a 25 my father had laying around. Thanks for the help. once the length is sorted out i will be able to test props more.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pm sent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2