Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'97 Stroker Restomod

I'm currently looking into a stripped 1997 Stroker bass boat and have plans to do a restoration on it. It was repossessed locally. The cockpit floor appears to have been cut out and definitely needs to be replaced. It will also need seats and hatch covers along with complete re-wiring job. Also, I'm planning on replacing the carpet with EVA foam flooring. I have questions I'm hoping y'all can answer.

1. What are the general problem areas for these boats?
    2. Where can I find seats similar to the later Stroker year models/Allison type?
    3. How much wood was used in the construction of these boats?
    4. Do they generally have problems getting waterlogged and needing core, transom, stringers replaced?
    5. Would the cost of having a shop complete the work be cost effective over completing it myself?

I'm 100% positive I'll have many more questions in the near future as I've never been around these hulls. Hopefully this one wasn't a "Hydrostream Friday boat build" like my last project. For reference, I am in law enforcement so I have days off all the time (work about 6 months of the year). Prior to beginning my career where I am now, I worked as a millwright for 15 years while also serving in the Louisiana Army National Guard. I'm no stranger to "silly" tasks when it comes to work and can figure out most things mechanical in nature with a peek inside. Lastly I love woodworking. I already know of the perils of fiberglass demolition, construction, and fabrication and have the appropriate PPE on hand. Thanks for any help/guidance y'all may give in advance.

Josh
    1986 Hydrostream comp Vector with factory center steer (full deck-off project in progress), working on a 2.5 Merc
    2018 Xpress H22Bay - Yammie F150
    1436 Tracker - '89 Mercury 25hp tiller (under the knife)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At some point around then they started adding a 3rd knee to the transom for the heavier 3.0 liter mercs. If it has two, i think Chub says to run a 2.5 or add a knee. I think all composite construction came a little later, but not positive. Great running and riding hull, good luck with the build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jason.

I haven't been able to buy it yet due to the time constraints on the loan company's end when having to deal with the guy they repo'ed it from. Hopefully I'll hear something within the next 3-4 days that way I can get it here. It's only about 1/4 mile from where it would be parked in my yard! I really want to go jump in it to see what it needs, but DO NOT want to start a big mess between her company and my Sheriff's Office with me stuck in the middle. Pretty sure I'd have to speak to the Bossman over that one.
    1986 Hydrostream comp Vector with factory center steer (full deck-off project in progress), working on a 2.5 Merc
    2018 Xpress H22Bay - Yammie F150
    1436 Tracker - '89 Mercury 25hp tiller (under the knife)