Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Wenkel is done forever. Too thirsty.

2. Likes Will hedrick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not just Mercury. I've had 2 Yamaha multifunction gauges on order since June 15th. Still waiting

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got my 32" Promax to work. The 300XS would require several tries to get it on a plane, so I enlarged the factory PVS holes [ to 1.125"] to get more starting slip. That Merc alloy is tougher than any I have drilled before. It still did not want to come out of the hole so I drilled 1/8" index holes about 7/8" forward of the enlarged factory PVS holes. I then took it to A&K Machine and had them machine them out to 5/8". Now the boat will plane OK with about the same amount of surging as the Drag 5 Hill that I brought from Wildman [that cracked a blade]. The performance of the Promax is really great with 65 MPHGPS at just 3K RPM [1/2 throttle]. At 5K I am touching 83 GPS. The boat handles great and gets the same great MPG as my PP Drag 4 28" at 10 MPH slower.
    Between the Prop and machine work I have quite an investment, but it now seems worthwhile. I called Merc Racing to get some advice on adding the PVS holes but their Prop shop did not bother to return my call. I guess the $100K I have spent with Merc did not warrant a returned phone call.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

5. Likes David - WI liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever try a hydromotive quad 4?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Ever try a hydromotive quad 4?
    I tried one back when I had the 2.5 15" mid and it was OK with it. I don't think it would work well with the 3.2 liter.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on my thread about my new Promax Prop and Mercury Racing. I was contacted by Mercury Racing and they said my call was routed to the wrong person by accident. The "Right" person listened intently to my story and then had me send the Prop back to them for checking. He checked my prop and Mercury Racing earned themselves an "A+" in customer service by working Magic on my prop which was sent to me with no charge and even overnight air [free shipping].

The prop's performance over the 39 mile, each way, trip from Palatka to Silver Glenn was fantastic on a rough /windy day. The boat came out of the hole with almost no surging and then accelerated quick/smooth. At 4K I was running 64MPHGPS and 5K took me almost to 80. It was too windy to try a top end run but my Garmin showed a 64 MPH average speed and I still got 6MPG. Best of all the MR Representative was the good kind of Corporate Professional that seems to have become extinct over the last 18 months.
    Kudos to Merc Racing!

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supply Chain Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Capt j View Post
    It's not just Mercury. I've had 2 Yamaha multifunction gauges on order since June 15th. Still waiting
    Ha Ha.............try getting a boat trailer! I've had an EZ Loader ordered since March. Still don't have it. Your gauges are probably on one of seventy cargo ships parked in the LA harbor?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterZebra View Post
    Ha Ha.............try getting a boat trailer! I've had an EZ Loader ordered since March. Still don't have it. Your gauges are probably on one of seventy cargo ships parked in the LA harbor?
    I talked to John at Advanced Boat trailers and he said materials were hard to get and prices were high.

Allison GSE 300XS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4