Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rprinzo View Post
    so i gave it 1% more fuel on the brocato and changed prop to see if the temp was wacked. fired up right on the hit and idled better than ever. took it to the river and again it fired and idled perfect. warmed it up and idled out of marina and hit it and it jumped up on plane the best yet. figured i finally got it right. then it hit 6k rpms and went to its old ways, dropping 2-300rpms and surging. but this time i backed off the throttle just a hair and it quit surging and ran smooth at 6k rpms. put it to the floor and surges,back off and it doesnt. could press regulator be doing this? its the only thing left untouched.took it apart looking for a filter i keep reading about but no filter in this one.ive lost 12mph from before rebuild.but this problem was also happening before rebuild but not this bad, anybody?
    Sounds lean. Turn your ecu up 10% and go see if it gets better. You won’t learn anything 1% at a time. Can’t stress enough to miss your tune on the fat side. Did you have the injectors cleaned by someone reputable at rebuild time?
    Erik Kiser

2. Likes LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have an older style vst might wanna check these area's for filters
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _20210726_212406.JPG  

4. Thanks rprinzo thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you’re running wide-open it’s getting plenty of air but not enough fuel, when you back off the throttle and it’s smooth it’s because it’s getting less air, the fuel you have is sufficient to make it run smooth. Fuel pressure sensor as close to the engine as possible put a gauge on the dash and drive the boat, when the boat starts acting up look at your fuel pressure gauge. If the pressure is not dropping then you’ll have to pursue other avenues. Sometimes boxes can act up if it detects low-voltage.

Just because this is new and that’s new and everything‘s new does not mean it’s working properly.

6. Likes LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PanRonnie View Post
    You have an older style vst might wanna check these area's for filters
    yep,pulled that one out long time ago

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoker boy View Post
    When you’re running wide-open it’s getting plenty of air but not enough fuel, when you back off the throttle and it’s smooth it’s because it’s getting less air, the fuel you have is sufficient to make it run smooth. Fuel pressure sensor as close to the engine as possible put a gauge on the dash and drive the boat, when the boat starts acting up look at your fuel pressure gauge. If the pressure is not dropping then you’ll have to pursue other avenues. Sometimes boxes can act up if it detects low-voltage.

Just because this is new and that’s new and everything‘s new does not mean it’s working properly.
    yeah,i get that, if your refering to the black boxes,theyre gone. your right.i gotta put a guage on it, its the only way to know

9. Likes LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should’ve said black box the ECU. In the past I’ve had low voltage and it made the ECU box go crazy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i guess not all motors have pressure ports? where should i install a fuel pressure gauge. should i try and find a final filter that has one? no room for a tee between the filter outlet and fuel rail inlet. can i put it in front of regulator like circle in pic. i cant be the only one with this issueClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2403.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	405.0 KB 
ID:	491185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2405_LI.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	415.7 KB 
ID:	491186

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should’ve said black box the ECU. In the past I’ve had low voltage and it made the ECU box go crazy.
    its gettinga constant 13.5-14volts

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The testing has to be done out on the lake with the boat running. When the boat starts acting up that is the time to look at the gauges. The gauges should be on the dash. Install the sending unit after all the filters as close to the fuel rail as possible. This will help you get pointed in the right direction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 46D47851-E8E6-440F-B5DA-085D24AC403E.png  
    Last edited by Stoker boy; 07-28-2021 at 10:14 PM.

14. Likes phillnjack liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a stock regulator but the gauge says 90 psi
    That should be around 36 to 38 psi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20210722-193056.png  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rprinzo View Post
    i guess not all motors have pressure ports? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2403.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	405.0 KB 
ID:	491185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2405_LI.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	415.7 KB 
ID:	491186
    I’m not sure what motor your running. I’m just looking at the plugs and what you’re telling me about the loss of power then letting off the throttle a bit and it smooths out. Years ago I had a similar problem I did not have a fuel gauge I later found the fuel filter had some type of object floating around and would occasionally restrict the fuel flow. If I would have had a pressure gauge at my dash I would have known exactly where to look or where not to look.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The testing has to be done out on the lake with the boat running. When the boat starts acting up that is the time to look at the gauges. The gauges should be on the dash. Install the sending unit after all the filters as close to the fuel rail as possible. This will help you get pointed in the right direction.
    ya, i was tryin not to spend $300 on a gauge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PanRonnie View Post
    You have a stock regulator but the gauge says 90 psi
    That should be around 36 to 38 psi
    that guage is temp installed on theend of the hose that connected to the fuel rail, its just reading pump outlet pressure. im assuming the regulator works by releasing pressure down to 39 psi seeing how its after the injectors in the fuel flow

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure what motor your running. I’m just looking at the plugs and what you’re telling me about the loss of power then letting off the throttle a bit and it smooths out. Years ago I had a similar problem I did not have a fuel gauge I later found the fuel filter had some type of object floating around and would occasionally restrict the fuel flow. If I would have had a pressure gauge at my dash I would have known exactly where to look or where not to look.
    one other thing thats happening is with the fuel line dissconnected at the motor, the pump bulb stays rock hard forever, connect to motor and it goes soft within minutes to completly empty. i guess what i can do in the driveway is connect the gauge ahead of each item in the fuel flow to see where its leaking down. it stayed at 90 lbs after the final filter, ill hook it up after the manifold and so on. and yes ill be spending the money for a dash gauge also

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t have a squeeze ball. If you can find the problem in the driveway that would be great. I understand you don’t wanna spend the money. If you can plumbing a mechanical gauge temporary with a long fuel line up to the driver seat you can do it that way its not the recommended or safe way to do it but if you’re in a pinch.
    Last edited by Stoker boy; 07-29-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast