Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With a 29 mine stops at 8200. Poor thing saw a lot of 8200 on the jasper run last year. 3 days of 8200, that was after a 2 summers of 8200. Then I ran it out of gas at 8200 and scurvied the bores a little. Now it is getting a horn and some more 8200.

2. Likes LakeFever, rgsauger liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I get three summers out of 8200 I’ll be very pleased. Even 7500 should be plenty I think
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Been using the 1.5 mm WSM pistons at .005 and try to keep the water temp at the tops of the head 130-140 in summer water temps. Other than the new pistons,gaskets and wrist pin bearings everything else came out of boxes of stuff laying around. I'm pretty pleased with it.

5. Thanks LakeFever thanked for this post
    Likes Baker343, LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc 2.5 View Post
    Question. Is the promax rod slot same or close to 260 in stock form?
    The ones I have seen are just slightly smaller on the promax. They don't quite go all the way across the space between the two sealing ring lands for the crank, and correspondingly appear to be slightly less deep.

7. Thanks Merc 2.5 thanked for this post
    Likes LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    Been using the 1.5 mm WSM pistons at .005 and try to keep the water temp at the tops of the head 130-140 in summer water temps. Other than the new pistons,gaskets and wrist pin bearings everything else came out of boxes of stuff laying around. I'm pretty pleased with it.
    That's exactly what I've done to this new motor I just put together, the block was ported , all new holes , 1.5mm wsm , new rod and wrist bearings, and the 2 small crank bearings , everything else just parts laying around , started life as 240 sport jet. Hopefully she'll b strong , I know it's got pretty big shoes to fill because the little "200" ran very well

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little update here. My engine guy got COVID and was laid up for a bit so this was on pause. All good now and back at it so I went a little bigger on the rod slots. Evened em up best I could. Fashioned by eye after a promax cut. Waiting for bore job and then I’ll assemble.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAFD3619-9B2F-484E-A583-038F8FADE484.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	321.6 KB 
ID:	503170
    Hydrostream dreamin

10. Likes Merc 2.5, OnPad liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, glad this thread isn't dead! Keep us posted

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya I almost bought another motor just to speed this all up but don’t need more clutter kicking around so I’ll start with this one and hope it works out ok. I’ll update soon as I get the block back
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeFever View Post
    Ya I almost bought another motor just to speed this all up but don’t need more clutter kicking around so I’ll start with this one and hope it works out ok. I’ll update soon as I get the block back

Is ur ff block coming back with sum heavy porting ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it’s coming back with fresh cylinders and pistons the assembly I’ll do myself and update this thread when I get to it. Over time I will work this block more or more than likely buy another block or complete motor to build on the stand while I run this one. I did the rod slots and opened up the exhaust dump and the mid plate. That’s the extent of the block mods for now on this build. Supporting mods will be reeds and stuffers, head studs, oil injection delete. I’m hoping this should still run well on the factory computer at 23 degrees timing. I want to keep it simple for now, get it running and on the water this year. I measured the height of the exhaust ports and they were all identical so I left those alone too.
    Hydrostream dreamin

15. Likes rgsauger liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've also noticed with staffers, it seems to run outta steam faster on top , mite gain little on bottom but sacrifice it on top , that's just my experience from installing and removing em , and with the reeds. Not sure who ur using but get a thinner Reed if possible, I noticed bout 300rpm loss with the thick reeds , then I had a buddy make me sum in 3 diff thickness, and when I went little thinner rpm came back. Just don't go to thin and risk burning em easier. Take it as u like. But that's just from my testing and watching my rpms , when I built my promax. I left stuffers out and used a .019 Reed I believe, I also have a .020 and .023. Which r all thinner than Carsons sport reeds but he makes diff thicknesses also. Just food for thought

17. Thanks LakeFever thanked for this post
    Likes LakeFever, rgsauger, OnPad liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not know that about the stuffers thanks. I’ll gladly leave them out if it helps up top I’m not too worried about bottom end power I’m sure there will be plenty. My 2.0L had enough grunt for me down low if I want to launch hard I’ll stick a ski prop on it. What supplier do you suggest for the thinner reeds? *edit* I saw there your buddy made them. I’ll ask Chris about these I was planning on using his anyways. Great guy
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeFever View Post
    I did not know that about the stuffers thanks. I’ll gladly leave them out if it helps up top I’m not too worried about bottom end power I’m sure there will be plenty. My 2.0L had enough grunt for me down low if I want to launch hard I’ll stick a ski prop on it. What supplier do you suggest for the thinner reeds? *edit* I saw there your buddy made them. I’ll ask Chris about these I was planning on using his anyways. Great guy
    Yes Chris is top notch. Been using his reeds long time, just didn't in this last motor. Just tell him u Want a little thinner Reed than the sport he sells,

If u want put ur staffers in and run em and get used to the motor , then take em out and see what u get, every motor is diff even if they same , member on here lost rpm up top but he thinks it's the stuffers that did it to his motor ,and I'm sure the thick reeds lost rpms on my motor cause I didn't have stuffers in at that time.
    Best thing to do ,is set up 2 Intakes , 1 with thicker reeds and stuffers. 2nd with just thinner reeds, start with stuffed Intake, get familiar with motor , then swap Intake, and see the difference. That's the best way and it swaps pretty quick

20. Likes LakeFever, rgsauger liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought another 200FF today. Its a 99 and one hole is lowish on compression according to the seller who is a super decent guy so i take him at his word. I have no idea whats going on with my machine work on my block its still at the machine shop so im hoping the block on this new one isnt scored up and its just a stuck ring. If thats the case i will get this new one reassembled to factory spec only adding steel cage bearings and rod bolts. I will probably even leave the reeds and whatnot all oem. I’ll get some pics for you guys when i get another stand built
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a quick bore scope and everything looks clean in the cylinders. Piston tops are black and no signs of melting or scoring that i could see. Going to run compression and leak down tests on it see whats what
    Hydrostream dreamin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast