Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powerstoc marine?

Does anyone have any experience with joe at Powerstoc in Tennessee? Going to buy a used motor from him shipped to Tennessee he seems like a stand up guy I just want to make sure there's no secrets out there I should know about. Thanks for the help!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased (3) outboard engines from Joe Stocstill on 7/6/2021. All (3) engines showed up to my dealership damaged. After multiple attempts to contact Joe Stocstill to discuss remedies going forward not once did he ever reply. I was simply given the run around by one of his employees for a month whom indicated that Powerstoc had initiated a claim with FedEx, however, that turned out to be completely false. After initiating a claim with FedEx in August they performed an inspection/investigation and denied the claim due to the negligent manner in which Powerstoc crated the engines.
    The Fed-Ex denial letter stated specifically: "It is the responsibility of the Shipper (Powerstoc) to package products in a manner that allows them to withstand the normal hazards of transportation. This would include making sure that the packaging used is sufficient to handle the weight and dimensions of the products being shipped. As such, we (FedEx) find that the merchandise was not properly packaged for transportation, which is considered an act or default of Shipper (Powerstoc) for which FexEx cannot be held liable."
    To add insult to injury Powerstoc did not insure the engines with Fed-Ex for the $14.4k I spent with them. The engines were only insured by Powerstoc for .50 cents per pound which would have only amounted to $350 per engine if Fed-Ex would have approved and paid the claim. Each engine alone suffered over $2500 of damage that I am left with to deal with.
    Prior to the purchase Joe Stocstill indicated the engines would be completely serviced which turned out to be totally false.
    Almost 3 months have passed and I still haven't received the proper documentation required by Powerstoc to title the outboard engines in the state of Oklahoma. Numerous request have gone unanswered.
    I have never experienced this kind of poor customer service or attitude in over 30 years of doing business. The funny thing is I had purchased a bass boat from Joe Stocstill prior to this sale with no problems at all. Joe answered the phone every single time I called him prior to this sale. Once a problem arose he simply shunned my calls and emails and had nothing to do with me at all from that point forward. If you read the other Negative Google comments it seems to be a pattern that Joe Stocstill is a great guy until you have problems with something and then you get shunned.
    I have had to retain the services of an attorney and file suit against Powerstoc which will be time consuming and expensive to say the least. At this point it is all about the principle and not the costs.

UPDATE: I won a judgement against Powerstoc and Joe Stocstill in the Tennessee General Sessions Court in Marshall County. Judgement has been paid so it is not a waste of time to go this route if you have a good case. You do NOT have to have a lawyer and can file suits up to $25k in this particular court.
    Last edited by pcarrell1; 12-18-2021 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Court Judgement

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ​ouch !!!!
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd a brand new member and first post to S&F
    joins in September 2021
    finds a post about a dealer
    and recently had a bad experience
    coincidental?
    not say true or false on the account but hopefully someone else has some information

5. Likes David - WI liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe Stockstill sold me JUNKY SALT WATER OUTBOARD MOTORS

Quote Originally Posted by pcarrell1 View Post
    I purchased (3) outboard engines from Joe Stocstill on 7/6/2021. All (3) engines showed up to my dealership damaged. After multiple attempts to contact Joe Stocstill to discuss remedies going forward not once did he ever reply. I was simply given the run around by one of his employees for a month whom indicated that Powerstoc had initiated a claim with FedEx, however, that turned out to be completely false. After initiating a claim with FedEx in August they performed an inspection/investigation and denied the claim due to the negligent manner in which Powerstoc crated the engines.
    The Fed-Ex denial letter stated specifically: "It is the responsibility of the Shipper (Powerstoc) to package products in a manner that allows them to withstand the normal hazards of transportation. This would include making sure that the packaging used is sufficient to handle the weight and dimensions of the products being shipped. As such, we (FedEx) find that the merchandise was not properly packaged for transportation, which is considered an act or default of Shipper (Powerstoc) for which FexEx cannot be held liable."
    To add insult to injury Powerstoc did not insure the engines with Fed-Ex for the $14.4k I spent with them. The engines were only insured by Powerstoc for .50 cents per pound which would have only amounted to $350 per engine if Fed-Ex would have approved and paid the claim. Each engine alone suffered over $2500 of damage that I am left with to deal with.
    Prior to the purchase Joe Stocstill indicated the engines would be completely serviced which turned out to be totally false.
    Almost 3 months have passed and I still haven't received the proper documentation required by Powerstoc to title the outboard engines in the state of Oklahoma. Numerous request have gone unanswered.
    I have never experienced this kind of poor customer service or attitude in over 30 years of doing business. The funny thing is I had purchased a bass boat from Joe Stocstill prior to this sale with no problems at all. Joe answered the phone every single time I called him prior to this sale. Once a problem arose he simply shunned my calls and emails and had nothing to do with me at all from that point forward. If you read the other Negative Google comments it seems to be a pattern that Joe Stocstill is a great guy until you have problems with something and then you get shunned.
    I have had to retain the services of an attorney and file suit against Powerstoc which will be time consuming and expensive to say the least. At this point it is all about the principle and not the costs.

UPDATE: I won a judgement against Powerstoc and Joe Stocstill in the Tennessee General Sessions Court in Marshall County. Judgement has been paid so it is not a waste of time to go this route if you have a good case. You do NOT have to have a lawyer and can file suits up to $25k in this particular court.
    Joe Stockstill sold me JUNKY SALT WATER MOTORS AND Y0U NEED TO BE AWARE OF THAT. HE SELLS JUNK.