Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help

I need some help I have a 1996 mariner magnum 175hp it is rebuilt with 25 hrs on it. IRS on a 186 champion I am running a 4" jack plate and a 25 pitch tempist prop. I am revving out at 3/4 throttle at 52 mph. I am looking for a hydrolic jack plate. My manual plate is set 2 7/8 of pad water pressure is good but any higher and I get blow out getting on pad. Should I try a different prop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The champions like a lower propshaft height. I owned a 202 for 18 years, the highest i could run it was about 3 1/4" below. Still had water,just no bite. I had a 10 inch plate on mine. With a 4 inch i would try closer to 3 3/4" below. A 25 tempest should be pretty close to the right prop, as long as its clean and undamaged.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent the prop to get checked out it didn't have any dings in it but I do a lot of running on the Cal Delta and there is a lot of weeds and grass thought maybe a fin could be off. I got the prop back the guy said it was good. I lowered the motor a little still no difference, but what it did do is when I went to back off the throttle slowly it rose up on the pad I guess any way it dropped 500 rpm but stayed the same speed. As soon as i gave I gas it push the nose dawn and it fell off pad.