Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I urge you to get this vaccination

Not covid....shingles. I have had a tough year health wise. Heart attack followed by 7 bouts with gout. As bad as gout is you definitely don't want to mess with shingles. Get the vaccination. Two weeks ago we had a bad storm that tore up alot. I have a 42' flag pole with a 5x10 flag that was ripped from the wire at one corner. The other corner reached a tv antenna so it had to come down. I jerked on the wire and got the flag down. I felt it kinda tweak my back but I thought nothing of it. That night I slept 1.5 hours as the pain set in. Sunday zero sleep as was Monday. Monday I went to the chiropractor as I thought I had pulled a muscle. doc worked on me twice Monday and when I went back in on Tuesday he said he was done till I had an EKG to prove pain was not another heart attack. That led to 8 hours in the hospital. Went by my Mom's house and pick up several prescription lidocaine patches. Applied two and finally got a nights sleep. Took patches off the next day and noticed a rash where patches had been. Assumed I was allergic to patches and did not use them again. Went to my regular doctor and was told I had shingles. Unfortunately I did not get diagnosed in time for the anti-viral drug they give you to stop shingles so I get to ride it out. The rash is very annoying but it is just that...annoying. The pain from the aggravated nerve endings feel like I have been beaten half to death. Entire chest, ribs, and most of my back are sore as a boil and the sleepless crap is here again. Folks do yourself a big favor and look into the shingles vac. I had always heard shingles suck but I had no idea. Today is number 15 and they are getting worse by the day.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

2. Thanks powerabout thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dammit man that sucks. Have gout, know that pain.....Taking uloric now and it's under control. Bud of mine has/had shingles and says it's the worst pain ever. This may be the 1 vac that makes sense, I have to agree. Just one question, has anyone else in your immediate family gotten shingles as well? Got curious about it... Some info. https://www.healthline.com/health/wh...ctivate#causes
    Last edited by XstreamVking; 07-02-2021 at 09:20 AM.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had shingles in the nerves in my face... left side has 80% paralysis. Not a fun way to spend 25+ years so far. I did go for treatment but was misdiagnosed. I got vaccinated a couple years ago, because I sure don't want it on the other side.

In addition to the painful shingles rash, Ramsay Hunt syndrome can cause facial paralysis and hearing loss in the affected ear.

Ramsay Hunt syndrome is caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox. After chickenpox clears up, the virus still lives in your nerves. Years later, it may reactivate. When it does, it can affect your facial nerves.

Prompt treatment of Ramsay Hunt syndrome can reduce the risk of complications, which can include permanent facial muscle weakness and deafness.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit guys!!! I have sciatica, and it puts me down at times... I don't want that s hit. But f uck a vaccine!

Look at the doctors on Youtube. They may have a natural solution. I know I found out some things I needed to correct. My stomach is much better now!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shingrix is a real tested & approved vaccine... not experimental with an emergency use waiver.
    Personally I strongly recommend it and I wouldn't wait 'til 50... I had shingles at 33 and it's been life changing (not in a good way).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had them in my eye 14 years ago have had to take anti vitals every day since to keep it from coming back.
    Shot won't work now cause I already had them(what I was told)..but I will take that pill every day religiously because that was a miserable 6-8 weeks+....pain was ridiculous
    LETS GO BRANDON.... LETS GO BRANDON

Sometimes I talk to myself...then we both just laugh and laugh

'84 Checkmate Convincor

8. Likes David - WI liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to compare the pain. Paul I have a double hernia on L5 so I understand sciatica. Thought it to be as bad as it gets till this. Mine is on my chest and back. Starts in the middle just under the nipple and goes around to the back then drops towards the tailbone. If there is a pill, shot, or potion, I will take whatever to prevent this from returning.

Rock
    Team Junk

"Screamin Heathen"

10. Likes mrichartz, David - WI, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God bless y'all old folks...

Just ordered two different CBDs. My main problem is I can't sleep, or stay asleep.

I have been taking Ashwagandaha everyday also!

https://www.healthline.com/health/be...-oil#our-picks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    God bless y'all old folks...

Just ordered two different CBDs. My main problem is I can't sleep, or stay asleep.

I have been taking Ashwagandaha everyday also!

What have you tried for sleeping And is it insomnia or??
    Have you had any sleep studies done or haven't gone to Dr for it.

Yea not sleeping sucks will make you lose your mind...on top of all the other crap..l'm a wreck its a long fricken list... But on top of other stuff I have sever sleep apnea(stop breathing up to 10-13 seconds at time and some ridiculous # of times a minute like barely breathing) and a limb movement disorder (at night sleeping I look like I'm having seizures lol)...so Im exhausted most of the time like I've run a marathon...
    And use to wonder why I was so tired all the time and in so much pain till my wife took videos of me sleeping.
    When I went for sleep studies the lady was saying she didn't know how I was getting any rest after watching me try to sleep..think alot of it's from when I got Lyme and erliciosis another tick disease thats another crap story..lol all of it seemed to start right after that ...if I didn't take what I'm taking now I would have lost my mind by now..
    LETS GO BRANDON.... LETS GO BRANDON

Sometimes I talk to myself...then we both just laugh and laugh

'84 Checkmate Convincor

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sleep is so important and often really tough to get. Personally a couple hits of a good indica and a shot of Z-Quil and I get by. Have many friends that have to sleep with a mask on. Don't know how they do it.

Rock
    Team Junk

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vodka.....wisskey...... Gin......Rum............I must be lucky......or just bug=proof....................Ate some red meat..... foot got swelled up.....DRANK a pint of gin........done gone..........It's worked for Me......I could pass in 5 minutes................Blood test come in good................ so

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never knew ALL those things triggered shingles. I had it 6yrs ago on my scalp, boy did that suck. Dave is right though....a few bottles of rye helped ease the pain
    1977 Hydrostream Vector 2.5 Promax