Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad I live in FLORIDA

https://yaleclimateconnections.org/2...odern-history/

118 degrees 95 is tops down here.

Never in the century-plus history of world weather observation have so many all-time heat records fallen by such a large margin than in the past week’s historic heat wave in western North America. The only heat wave that compares is the great Dust Bowl heat wave of July 1936 in the U.S. Midwest and south-central Canada. But even that cannot compare to what happened in the Northwest U.S. and western Canada over the past week.
    “This is the most anomalous regional extreme heat event to occur anywhere on Earth since temperature records began. Nothing can compare,” said weather historian Christopher Burt, author of the book “Extreme Weather.”
    Pointing to Lytton, Canada, he added, “There has never been a national heat record in a country with an extensive period of record and a multitude of observation sites that was beaten by 7°F to 8°F.”
    International weather records researcher Maximiliano Herrera (@extremetemps) agrees. “What we are seeing now is totally unprecedented worldwide,” said Herrera, who tweeted on June 30, “It’s an endless waterfall of records being smashed.”
    Some examples of the extremity of this event, based on preliminary data:
    Portland, Oregon, broke its longstanding all-time record high (107°F from 1965 and 1981) on three days in a row – a stunning feat for any all-time record – with highs of 108°F on Saturday, June 26; 112°F on Sunday; and 116°F on Monday. That 116°F is one degree higher than the average daily high on June 28 at Death Valley, California.
    • Quillayute, Washington, broke its official all-time high by a truly astonishing 11°F, after hitting 110°F on Monday (old record: 99°F on August 9, 1981). Quillayute is located near the lush Hoh Rain Forest on the Olympic Peninsula, just three miles from the Pacific Ocean, and receives an average of 100 inches of precipitation per year.
    Jasper, Alberta, broke its all-time high of 36.7°C (98.1°F) on four days in a row, June 27-30, with highs of 37.3°C, 39.0°C, 40.3°C, and 41.1°C (99.1°F, 102.2°F, 104.5°F, and 106°F).
    • All-time state highs were tied in Washington (118°F at Hermiston) and set in Oregon (118°F at Dallesport, beating 117°F), and provincial highs were smashed in British Columbia (49.6°C at Lytton, beating 39.1°C) and Northwest Territories (39.9°C at Fort Smith, beating 31.7°C).
    According to Herrera, more all-time heat records have been broken by at least 5°C (9°F) in the past week’s heat wave than in the previous 84-plus years of world weather recordkeeping, going back to July 1936. It’s worth noting that the record North American heat of the 1930s, including 1936, was largely connected to the Dust Bowl, in which the effects of a multiyear drought were amplified by over-plowed, denuded soil across the Great Plains – an example of human-induced climate change itself, albeit temporary.
    Preliminary data from NOAA’s U.S. Records website shows that 55 U.S. stations had the highest temperatures in their history in the week ending June 28. More than 400 daily record highs were set. Over the past year, the nation has experienced about 38,000 daily record highs versus about 18,500 record lows, consistent with the 2:1 ratio of hot to cold records set in recent years.
    Figure 1. A soaked belt across the central U.S. and a parched West are evident in this map of percentages of average precipitation for the seven-day period ending at 8 a.m. EDT Thursday, July 1, 2021. (Image credit: NOAA/NWS/AHPS)What next?

The hellish heat dome that developed over the hardest-hit areas in this heat wave has now weakened and shifted east, though unusually hot conditions remain over a large part of the northern U.S. and western Canada.
    Unrelenting drought has only intensified in recent weeks across the western U.S., where the overall extent of drought is at its highest level since the U.S. Drought Monitor was established in 2000. As of June 29, severe to exceptional drought (levels D2 to D4) covered 81% of the West, the first time on record that index has gone above 80%.
    Meanwhile, a downstream buckling of the jet stream has led to an unusually mild, wet week from the Southern Rockies into the Midwest, though nothing close to record-setting on the same level as the heat wave. Oklahoma City received nearly 7” of rain in the last week of June, and parts of Detroit saw 6-8” of rain on June 26, triggering widespread high-impact flooding.
    Last edited by CUDA; 07-01-2021 at 08:43 PM.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...glad i live here too cuda...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone living in FL should be grateful. Not because of the weather but because you have a governor that actually has a ball sack. RR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel sorry for folks in Florida, mainly the ones that have to live next to the asshat!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...there are many positive benefits of living in the sunshine state...too many to count...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We even have a free tree trimming service a few times a year. This ones named elsa...

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m glad CUDA lives in Florida as well.

8. Likes Forkin' Crazy, SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    I feel sorry for folks in Florida, mainly the ones that have to live next to the asshat!
    It’s a big state. It’s also a place that’s free.

free to express your own opinions.

Happy Independence Day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never said I want anything banned, but to see you banned would cut down on the lies.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headless Hula View Post
    It’s a big state. It’s also a place that’s free.

free to express your own opinions.

Happy Independence Day.
    How about you f**k off? You buy your E boat yet?

I saw your hero Zuckerberg out riding his electric surf board made IN CHYNA! I am sure you have one too! Shill.

Servicing out my Allison XTB 21 with a fuel/oil burning, smoking, carbon monoxide making TWO STROKE Merc 200 EFI!

Next will be an Allison SS with a 280 SS on it. Going to have a new aluminum trailer fitted for it. Thinking about adding a 20 gallon tank this winter. Just think, I could dump a gallon of oil in the tanks and 40 gallons of gas a be good!!!

Then there comes the Howard with twin 245s!!!

12. Likes SS Minnow, Bodhi liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...there are many positive benefits of living in the sunshine state...too many to count...
    I want a place there too... but it has to be on the east coast... or both...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forkin' crazy View Post
    how about you f**k off? You buy your e boat yet?

I saw your hero zuckerberg out riding his electric surf board made in chyna! I am sure you have one too! Shill.

Servicing out my allison xtb 21 with a fuel/oil burning, smoking, carbon monoxide making two stroke merc 200 efi!

Next will be an allison ss with a 280 ss on it. Going to have a new aluminum trailer fitted for it. Thinking about adding a 20 gallon tank this winter. Just think, i could dump a gallon of oil in the tanks and 40 gallons of gas a be good!!!

Then there comes the howard with twin 245s!!!

:d
    lol