Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

California Dreamin'

Kinda wondering why its worth it to own a powerboat in California these days? Lake Oroville will be so low this summer that the dam making hydro power will shut down. Lake Shasta levels dropping Folsom lake marina inlet is a grass field. Lake Mead and Lake Havasu will be next with the Colorado dropping to its lowest level since the Hoover dam was built?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lakes are so small now you don't even need fenders at the raft off!
    2023 Progression 22 w/ 2015 Mercury 300XS. 2018 Kawasaki Ultra LX. 1969 Hustler Wildcat. Gone but not forgotten: 1991 POS GW Invader. 1976 Donzi Hornet II. 1994 Formula 232 LS. 2001 Regal 2660. 1990 Formula 206 LS. 1992 Checkmate Pulse 186 w/ 2003 Mercury 200 EFI. Random assortment of jet skis.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Run, don't walk to Fl, Tx or Tn, just leave your politics there.
    We have plenty of boating and freedom here...The southbound lanes of Florida interstates are packed with refugees.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterZebra View Post
    Kinda wondering why its worth it to own a powerboat in California these days? Lake Oroville will be so low this summer that the dam making hydro power will shut down. Lake Shasta levels dropping Folsom lake marina inlet is a grass field. Lake Mead and Lake Havasu will be next with the Colorado dropping to its lowest level since the Hoover dam was built?
    I went to Clearlake the other day (2.5 hour drive each way). My friend got there and sucked up some sand and overheated the motor on his first day of a 10 day vacation with his family. Theres a ramp 1 mile away from where he was staying, but it is dry. So no go there. theres another one 5 miles away, that launch is dry too. The closest ramp is 10 miles away, yet there are like a dozen in between there and where his boat is that are all closed and dry...its crazy. I had to do his water pump, pull the chaps to clean the strainer screen and poppet, and t-stats all standing in 2 feet of muddy water and grass. If I had dropped a bolt it would be gone. But, there was no way for him to drive the boat back to the launch with an overheating engine...

In past years when we were in a drought and thought the lake was "low" there was 6 to 8 ft of water at the end of this pier. High/regular years in the summer there would be 12 to 14 ft. Now there is one foot. One foot of grass and muck. You can walk out like 200 ft from the shore and be up to your waist, where it used to be that deep 4 ft from the shore. Crazy low. I was gonna go for 4th of July like I do every year...no. Not this year. The water is too low. And btw, it smells like dead deer. They say in 3 to 4 weeks the lake will be down past the lowest launch ramp. And that is the BIGGEST lake in California!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke to a friend two days ago he lives in Lake Havasu he said the water level was normal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Havasu This Summer

Quote Originally Posted by Stoker boy View Post
    I spoke to a friend two days ago he lives in Lake Havasu he said the water level was normal.
    We'll see what Havasu is doing in 3 months. We have a weather forecast for the Seattle area next Sunday for 107 degrees. Yeah, Seattle where it used to be drizzly and foggy in June?