Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apache scout setup experiences with V8 outboard!?!

Hi all!!

I have little problem with top speed handling and especially calm water handling.
    My Apache is with that long factory made swim tab bracket and i did put Johnson GT300 hang in there. It gets a chinewalk when trimmed the motor and speed gets over 60-63mph´s. There is two big batterys on bow to keep balance and tank is below cockpit.
    I got also jackplate after bracket but as i talked with one guy the starting point is little too high and my next step is to drop engine inch or two lower....
    Prop is 26" bravo little cupped and it feels that it works best so far. Tried raker 26, 28 and turbo txp 24 little fixed version.
    Cruisng speed 45-50 mph is nice and smooth and revs 3800-4200rpm.
    Sometimes it feels that it wont tolerate trimming and will start bouncing....is that maybe reason for too high engine mount in this Apache scout?
    Have heard quite many stories that these Apaches love low engine mount....fact or fiction?

Private message answers would be great from somebody who has work with similar boat and engine!! Thanx!!

-Antti

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antti View Post
    Hi all!!

I have little problem with top speed handling and especially calm water handling.
    My Apache is with that long factory made swim tab bracket and i did put Johnson GT300 hang in there. It gets a chinewalk when trimmed the motor and speed gets over 60-63mph´s. There is two big batterys on bow to keep balance and tank is below cockpit.
    I got also jackplate after bracket but as i talked with one guy the starting point is little too high and my next step is to drop engine inch or two lower....
    Prop is 26" bravo little cupped and it feels that it works best so far. Tried raker 26, 28 and turbo txp 24 little fixed version.
    Cruisng speed 45-50 mph is nice and smooth and revs 3800-4200rpm.
    Sometimes it feels that it wont tolerate trimming and will start bouncing....is that maybe reason for too high engine mount in this Apache scout?
    Have heard quite many stories that these Apaches love low engine mount....fact or fiction?

Private message answers would be great from somebody who has work with similar boat and engine!! Thanx!!

-Antti

101 chine walking,
    play in steering and mounts?
    whats your setup?