Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Instant torque .. since I'm a real 6 second , 200+ mph kind of guy ... I'm afraid to tell ya .. it's more of a golf cart than a nine second car .. just sayin based on experience
    But I'm sure the rent-a-wreck you picked up at the airport and drove around a couple of days .. had to go deep in the 9's Pppffttt ..
    (see , the bad thing about puffin numbers in the air is .. drag strips hang the real ones on big boards that you can see from the space station. And I have a feelin if you ever got to drive a real nine second car .. you might-would take it to get time slip or two)

I'm startin to see the convenience of owning a Tesla now . Get home from work , move the van out of the way , so you can back the killer-watt burner up to it's receptacle for the night ... Don't forget to pull the van back to it's spot ... just what I'd want to do after a long days work ... five days a week ..

Bum .. check out the 2"x .120" wall stainless columns holdin his roof up ..
    (actually down , during a hurry-cane)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bow thruster is electric, instant torque, no maintenance, underwater, doesnt require air etc etc
    Perfect use of technology thank you guys

Mr Tesla, Volta and Dr Diesel

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post

Bum .. check out the 2"x .120" wall stainless columns holdin his roof up ..
    (actually down , during a hurry-cane)

after Andrew, I was all over South Dade maintaing the RV's we sold for people to live in..... saw a lot of carports still in tact with the house gone.............
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...when those royal palm, palm fronds each fall off, they will let you know gravity still exists. they look small from the ground. they ain't. but seriously, those royals need to come down...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You could plug into the tessy and use an electric saw to cut them down. That's using hybrid power.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bum , I grew up down that way , left in 1989 so I missed Andrew. Only been "back home" a half a dozen times or so since then. The Royals that lined my street are gone.
    Those tree's across the street were there before I got here. They have been thru a few hurricane's , same with my Australian Pine.
    But anything like Andrew or Katrina rolls thru .. like you said, whole houses will be gone.
    That car port had 1" x 18 ga box tubing with those ornamental vines and flowers tacked to them .
    These new columns are held down (up) with .375 plates. There are two poles at the front corner , common base then V 'd at the top and lagged in at the top just outside of the corner bracket .. plenty strong there .

You could plug into the tessy and use an electric saw to cut them down. That's using hybrid power.

That's The best one liner I heard all year ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XstreamVking View Post
    I have given it a bit more thought , using the above principals of .. waste

The battery should be initially charged by solar power ...

The electric motor ... and oar's make it truly a ....... hybrid ..

Perhaps the electric motor could spin a water pump to drive a Tesla turbine. Which could hydro-electrically charge the battery as well as drive a prop shaft ...

Like I said , the big corporations would rather throw their customers under the bus .. for a few credits with the EPA ******* **** ******* , than stand up against them.

When asked , do you know how much fuel is used to fly Piglousy and Heels- Up back and forth from DC to California each month .. the VP stated ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jesus **** I hate all the boomer nonsense on this site. It's so cringe.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
    jesus **** I hate all the boomer nonsense on this site. It's so cringe.
    You hate ... ??? Really .. ??? So let me se if I understand you correctly.

You mention a technology used in 1930's submarine's. Cept for .. no sub part ..

You ask us for our opinion and when we give you a truthful response .. and maybe a little teasing thrown in , you get mad , call us names , bring god into the conversation .. then call the whole thing 'cringe" . Is that what you do cringe .. ??? Like when you witness a horrific accident unfold right in front you ... Or is it more of a woke , lefty term that means something like you didn't get a participation ribbon .. ???

OK .. here ya go ...
    Thats like the best idea I ever heard of . You could like ride like 1.5 miles to the sandbar .. jam on your totally killer tunes . Then like charge the battery and cruizzzzze home. Dude, your like so Einstein ...

Feel like totally better now ... ????

Go head , take every nickel you can scrape together .. get a building , equipment to build "the unit" . Work .. day's , night's , holidays , weekends .. put 40 years of your blood , sweat and plenty of tears into it . I can't help but think you'll get a laugh out of some snot nose kid that comes along and tells ya .. your like so geriatric , you can't possibly know anything ... but nonsense

Chaz = thinkin , when the time comes that you inherit your little piece of the world , it will come from the greatest generation or a boomer. I don't dare ponder what you millennial's will leave yours to ...

10. Likes Bodhi, SCT, Forkin' Crazy, flabum1017 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You ask us for our opinion and when we give you a truthful response .. and maybe a little teasing thrown in , you get mad , call us names , bring god into the conversation .. then call the whole thing 'cringe" . Is that what you do cringe .. ??? Like when you witness a horrific accident unfold right in front you ... Or is it more of a woke , lefty term that means something like you didn't get a participation ribbon .. ???

OK .. here ya go ...
    Thats like the best idea I ever heard of . You could like ride like 1.5 miles to the sandbar .. jam on your totally killer tunes . Then like charge the battery and cruizzzzze home. Dude, your like so Einstein ...

Feel like totally better now ... ????

Go head , take every nickel you can scrape together .. get a building , equipment to build "the unit" . Work .. day's , night's , holidays , weekends .. put 40 years of your blood , sweat and plenty of tears into it . I can't help but think you'll get a laugh out of some snot nose kid that comes along and tells ya .. your like so geriatric , you can't possibly know anything ... but nonsense

Chaz = thinkin , when the time comes that you inherit your little piece of the world , it will come from the greatest generation or a boomer. I don't dare ponder what you millennial's will leave yours to ...

This has to be the post of the year!!!!
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't call him names though. He'll rat you out to the admin.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    With electric you can get out of the marina, then pull the sails up till you get back to the marina and turn the electric back on
    I can agree to this.... a few solar panels on it to top off the batteries as you're sailing around. If you are a blow-boater, it would be perfect until you try to come in an inlet on an out going tide, better have 20 HP or more and a good bank of batteries. Perfect for lake and bay though...........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3