Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by H2OPERF View Post
    Thanks, I have talked to a lot of people and no one seems to have ever gotten in to the oiler output maps, seems someone tinkering with an xs would be wanting to add oil. The pump coil reads 2.2 Ohm so i have to use a high side driver, as you said all outputs are pwm equipped but setting it up is not all that easy, well to me anyway, lol.
    Just a thought .... You could add a microcontroller (such as an arduino Uno or Raspberry Pi ) and use the pulse out of the ECU every revolution as a counter input to the microcontroller . These could then be programmed to generate a pulsed output to drive the oil pump every 5 , 10 , or ? revolutions as desired .
    These micro controllers are small , inexpensive , and give someone the flexibility to do whatever you need .

2. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I guess its not much different than having a separate module for the egt amp.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that easy but first whe have to figure out the original pulse frequency and duty cycle
    So anyone? Up for buying a beautyfull little hand scope which is great for checking out all kinds of stuff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20210530-084509.png   Screenshot_20210530-080437.png  
    Last edited by PanRonnie; 05-30-2021 at 01:48 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PanRonnie View Post
    It's not that easy but first whe have to figure out the original pulse frequency and duty cycle
    So anyone? Up for buying a beautyfull little hand scope which is great for checking out all kinds of stuff
    If anyone has the Rhinda Diacom software one of the parameters you can monitor and record with a
    Mercury Optimax is "Oil Injection count" . This would seem to indicate number of oil pump pulses perhaps per minute or second ? I bought the Diacom software for laptop so I will have to try this out and see if I record oil pump pulses idle to WOT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of screen shots I took powering a spare optimax oil pump with my Rhinda diacom diagnostic tester in "Oil Pump Test Mode "

First picture is a single pump pulse 10VDC magnatude with a duration of 42 milliseconds .
    Second picture is the full test pulse train of 7)One every second - 10 volt pump pulses with the same durations

I am planning on getting the boat out this week and get a full recording Idle - WOT showing RPMs, Oil pump pulse rate , and Fuel Gallons per hour
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diacom_oilpump_test_single_pulse.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	166.4 KB 
ID:	489102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diacom_oilpump_test.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	173.2 KB 
ID:	489103

7. Thanks David - WI, powerabout, ripcuda thanked for this post
    Likes David - WI, PanRonnie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    " i have a high end ecu on my set up and cant figure out how to pulse one of those pumps "

Do you know if your ECU has a programmable analog output you could set based on engine RPMs (0-5 vdc / 0-10vdc or 0-20ma /4-20ma ?

If you have no signal out of the ECU I recently discovered and purchased a pretty slick little module that is connected to a 120V + spark coil signal and produces an isolated low voltage pulse once per engine revolution that can be fed to an input of a little micro controller which in turn can be programmed to pulse an output based on various rpm points . I am definitely not a programming expert on these things but have been playing around with the concept and about anything you can think up a program can be created to make it happen .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey David , I picked up one of these pumps on ebay to play around with . I ran the oil pump on the work bench today with a 12VDC power supply and pulse generator with various OFF times . With the 42 ms input pulse I was getting 0.2 CCs of oil flow with every stroke of the pump . I ran tests on the minimum required fuel/ oil ratio of 100:1 per hour @ Idle = 49.21 CCs per hour / 0.820 CCs per minute = ( 4.1 pump strokes per minute required with 0.2 CC delivery )Maximum requirement which is 1590 CCs of oil @ WOT per hour / 26.5 CCs for 50:1 fuel /ratio per minute = ( 132.5 pump
    strokes per minute required @ 0.2 CC delivery ) . This was based on my fuel ratios 1997 200 EFI motor .

I've also got a multi output fitting oil pump from my Optimax I was going to test next and see what the output is from that one too.
    I am going to try to adapt one of the newer solenoid pumps to take the place of the old mechanical Mikuni pump I took off .
    I've got so ideas for programing a microcontroller to run the oiler like the new motors .

Thanks for the tip on this oil pump it was just what I was looking for .

Last edited by H2Okie; 07-17-2021 at 08:27 PM. Reason: error

10. Thanks ripcuda thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nifty. Looks promising!
    Hydrostream dreamin