Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exhaust tuner

since the powerhead is of and im changing motor mounts, would it be adventagous to throw in a bobs or any other exhaust tuner? computer is comming from bobs and ccm reeds will be installed. 94 200xri

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the bottom piece of your 2 piece plate...it probably has 2 little square hole that face the back of the motor. And you probably have a square straight tuner with another set of holes in it partially down. I always liked plugging all the holes in the exhaust system till the end of the tuner, so that tuner can actually do its job. The specific tuner you choose is all personal preference...pick whatever you like. I ditch the liner too.

3. Thanks rprinzo thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with above, get rid of the liner and we used to run G-Force stuff but I don't know if Gene is even in business anymore.

Joe

5. Thanks rprinzo thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he is and I think that whenever you run a welded tuner you have a higher risk of it cracking. Not from poor welds, just the simple fact that you are introducing harder and softer spots in the metal and the harmonics of high rpms don't seem to like that. No matter how good you weld you are binding two slightly different metals. Heat and vibrations don't like that line between materials. I know some people run welded tuners no problem, and others run them and they crack after not too long. I guess it all has to do with the engine itself....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nuthin beats the old 2.4 bell tuner on relatively stock motor imo

'95 STV "The Blue Goose"

8. Thanks rprinzo thanked for this post
    Likes 25two.stroke, roadkill636, nitro_rat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The holes along the way are idle relief ports. Plug em up and the exhaust has to go to the lowest point to get out.

Since they are on a divergent cone , at idle they will exhaust out. At WOT the exhaust will look for the path of least resistance , many times pulling surrounding air thru the holes ... got trailing vacuum ..

I can only get these to last a few championships ..before the boss says : I got an idea

Thats one of these .. except for the one above is facing back instead of preheating the water tube ..

These sounded .. well , like you think they would .. made better funnels coming off plane though ...

Don't try new stuff , just follow the leader .. that as good as you'll ever get ..

10. Likes Forkin' Crazy, LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unless ya buildin' a real "stem winder" motor it would be a waste of time and $$ ta fool with tha tuner.. sure ya can pull tha liner and make it "sound" a lot faster but its not.... jmo.

12. Likes CUDA liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where is the parting line to being a "real stem winder" as apposed to a "fake" .. ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if ya gotta ask.....................

Wentzville.MO 40 "miles west of St Louis"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a bell tuner. $75

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tlwjkw View Post
    if ya gotta ask.....................
    I do , mine is a bit warped . My last 1800 lb car had 1900 twisties .. Seemed like a decent power to weight ratio ta me ...

Your terminology ... puts you right in the 3/4 cam range ..

My post was intended to maybe shed some light on fabrication techniques . You seem to think that there's no there , there . So either you spend no time at the water brake .. or maybe your kill switch / fuel pump relay is acting up ..

But since we are here --->

This one will interchange with the cow bell in some applications . Design inspiration came from my Yeti cup ..

Ya think it has the exact same characteristics as the bell .... do ya .. ???

Mountain dew can with a hole in it should make bout the same ...

https://fb.watch/5Ai54Au1bL/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hes not anywhere near tha category of all tha fancy stuff you always bring inta tha conversation.. hes just askin' about changin a plain 'ole tuner with another plain 'ole tunner with "probably" a sub 7 grand motor.. thats all....

jus so ya know you're not tha only one thats tinkered around with a "stem winder"... oh, and this one has tha 65mm "full race" version in it... i'm done.....................................................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails brad 3.jpg  
    Last edited by tlwjkw; 05-19-2021 at 05:14 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Once again I was referring to :

I don't think he is and I think that whenever you run a welded tuner you have a higher risk of it cracking. Not from poor welds, just the simple fact that you are introducing harder and softer spots in the metal and the harmonics of high rpms don't seem to like that. No matter how good you weld you are binding two slightly different metals. Heat and vibrations don't like that line between materials. I know some people run welded tuners no problem, and others run them and they crack after not too long. I guess it all has to do with the engine itself....

Looks to me like you have "store bought" zoomie's . Nothing wrong with that , ya think they were 'cast" like that .. or .. did someone "weld" them together ..

The motor's I had with a "wood chipper" on top ran 8 hat nozzles. Kept the blower "wet" and alive ... It did great burnouts .. kinda sukked for winning races though. My 55 mm cammed Donavan put me on the cover of the Rollin Stone ..

No , my bad .. that was with an injected 598"

In the words of "Crazy Don" .. I don't understand how you can go 6.50's @ at 205 with one little gas carb and a plate ...

Built those headers .. well actually the whole chassis . No parts ever fell off ..

Downtown saw this picture , called and said .. name your price I gotta have that car.

The car is in Alaska now .. Built to go blown alky or ..... whatever Chevrolet based motor , you happen to have at the moment ...

I hope that I have passed the "job interview" and can get back to building lowly outboard parts ... and Porsche headers ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is no question 'bout your ability, intellect, fabrication, machine work and etc. but most of tha time its injected with nomenclature, name droppin', lotsa pictures, look at what i can do/did when it doesn't actually answer tha question posed in tha initial starter thread. jus makes me wonder why that is? all i got ta say... carry on.

20. Likes CUDA, nitro_rat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You said "that your done" in post 12 .. but came right back.

Should I go straight to the "liar - liar, pants on fire response ??? No , I showed I could do something you couldn't ... I waited a week before responding ...

I post pictures ... If that's such a bad thing ... Why did you immediately post a pic of an old Brad Anderson three or five .. ??? Do you want to be the pot or the kettle .. ???

The O.P. asked if he should buy a Bob's or someone else's tuner .... I think every little bit helps .. non-stem winder and stem winder alike. So yes OP, free up the exhaust, work on gettin more air in and squeezin it tighter .. and you will see positive results.

For the third time ... I hope it's the charm. I responded to :

​I was taught that I only had to be was ... just a little bit smarter than what I was workin with , and I would be OK ...

Since no one has came back with a >>>> Dude that junk you make won't last 10 minutes ... I understand not everybody has an open mind and won't get my point, but if at least one say's to themselves " I can do that too " Then
    I would have to say I have achieved my goal.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words .. If someone looks at the pictures I post .. and learns something , then it's just more of the above .

Some people are born knowing ... everything .

I wasn't that lucky , I had to learn what I know
    by some really great teachers .. over a long period of time. I have never let the nay-sayers, parrots or haters hold me back, and honestly , not gonna start now.

Follow common sense .. but break all the conventional rules along the way ..

22. Likes FORBESAUTO, bullet20vee, big tom liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast