Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are what, two boats if that that have signed up for ModU in recent years?

Quote Originally Posted by Zonkercraft View Post
    The APBA national meeting hasn't even taken place yet. That's where the OPC commission, race organizers, teams, and drivers set out the changes, schedules, and bid on series racing events for the coming year. Of course it's premature at best for HMS, or anybody else for that matter, to expect to have everything laid out for the coming year. The Hearn family has been involved with the APBA for years and years. At one point their law firm was the legal representation for the APBA. They could very well, still be. They know very well how the dance is done. Note that they still are going to compete in the inboard, and stock outboard classes. Rumor had it that they had been talking with others in search of support for their OPC effort. That's an unconfirmed rumor, so take it with a grain of salt.
    In my mind, this press release sounds like a bunch of BS. Nothing more than a sand box bully saying that he's going to take his shove and bucket home, if you don't want to play it his way. It's unrealistic to think the boating public will be swayed by their decision. The boat racing crowd won't be jumping on their band wagon either. It served no purpose at all. I'm sure that Mercury Marine will not be swayed or devastated by their decision. Life will go on with our "dirty 2 stroke technology" very nicely, thank you very much.
    It's rare for me to get on a soapbox and rant on, but this particular press release and the subject of this motor, drops into my ball park, so I need to speak up.
    Mercury Marine did NOT create these 4 stroke motors for the US OPC racer. They were made to compete in the overseas F1 & F2, where the financial support, for the most part, comes from country sponsored sport organizations, they spend BIG money. Plus the 2 stroke is sinking fast overseas, soon to be gone completely. The average US OPC racer simply cannot afford these motors.
    To HMS, there is a class for you to compete in. It's called Mod U. Been there for years. It's wide open competition. As long as it's an outboard motor, and it runs on gasoline...BRING IT.
    This will not change anyone's mind here in the US. We will continue to run our nasty 2 strokes and have fun. That's what it's all about, after all is said and done.
    In other words....GO POUND SAND
    STV Pro Comp Ski| 200 Merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

200xs ros

Quote Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
    Also the ROS was only sold as a 15" at the end. You are lucky you grabbed one before the end of the road came. What year is your 200XS?
    The 200XS would have been a great package to start from scratch with. Sportmaster gearcase and a 15" mid section. It's kind of a hard fit for racers who have accumulated hulls built for 12" mids, SSM gearcases and props. You either start over or retire / quit.

3. Likes David - WI, powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup..........as I said before, Havasu 2021 display was a magician's hat trick. Mod U.....run what ya brung.

5. Likes Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonkercraft View Post
    The APBA national meeting hasn't even taken place yet. That's where the OPC commission, race organizers, teams, and drivers set out the changes, schedules, and bid on series racing events for the coming year. Of course it's premature at best for HMS, or anybody else for that matter, to expect to have everything laid out for the coming year. The Hearn family has been involved with the APBA for years and years. At one point their law firm was the legal representation for the APBA. They could very well, still be. They know very well how the dance is done. Note that they still are going to compete in the inboard, and stock outboard classes. Rumor had it that they had been talking with others in search of support for their OPC effort. That's an unconfirmed rumor, so take it with a grain of salt.
    In my mind, this press release sounds like a bunch of BS. Nothing more than a sand box bully saying that he's going to take his shove and bucket home, if you don't want to play it his way. It's unrealistic to think the boating public will be swayed by their decision. The boat racing crowd won't be jumping on their band wagon either. It served no purpose at all. I'm sure that Mercury Marine will not be swayed or devastated by their decision. Life will go on with our "dirty 2 stroke technology" very nicely, thank you very much.
    It's rare for me to get on a soapbox and rant on, but this particular press release and the subject of this motor, drops into my ball park, so I need to speak up.
    Mercury Marine did NOT create these 4 stroke motors for the US OPC racer. They were made to compete in the overseas F1 & F2, where the financial support, for the most part, comes from country sponsored sport organizations, they spend BIG money. Plus the 2 stroke is sinking fast overseas, soon to be gone completely. The average US OPC racer simply cannot afford these motors.
    To HMS, there is a class for you to compete in. It's called Mod U. Been there for years. It's wide open competition. As long as it's an outboard motor, and it runs on gasoline...BRING IT.
    This will not change anyone's mind here in the US. We will continue to run our nasty 2 strokes and have fun. That's what it's all about, after all is said and done.
    In other words....GO POUND SAND
    Zonk -

Have I missed something going on with the APBA lately? Their website and FB page are junk and I don't go there anymore...........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As usual a lot of cutting off the nose to spite the face.

8. Thanks Zonkercraft thanked for this post
    Likes Zonkercraft liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    As usual a lot of cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Agreed....do you think they took cues from CNN?
    Pick and choose the sentence that suits your outlook and throw rocks.
    Should have said nothing

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    The appeal is the weight. There are still lots of 20’ Allison’s (me) and other boats too small for a 500 lb plus motor.
    gotcha, but 200 is still a weak #
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By my uncalibrated ass, the 200XS doesn’t feel much different then my prior 225 Promax. It’s not a 280 though

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr fun View Post
    The 200 APX seems to be making more like 245-250 hp.

13. Likes Noah Burns liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    By my uncalibrated ass, the 200XS doesn’t feel much different then my prior 225 Promax. It’s not a 280 though
    What you are saying sounds about right David.

The Gen 2 200XS was said to make about 240 hp. The Gen 1 before that was weak in comparison. I have put a 225 Promax on a dyno and it made 246 hp and my 225 X (after the Promax line) made 249-250hp. I had one 280 and it made 281 hp on the same dyno as the Promax.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails optimax200xs2009.jpg  

15. Thanks David - WI thanked for this post
    Likes Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it does not really matter what the 3.4 V6 is making and what it weighs as Mother Merc aint given it to us

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211016_111514.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	303.1 KB 
ID:	498108

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damm the closer you get the bigger it looks......

22R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr fun View Post
    I know 65-70 isn't "fast" anymore.

But a 200 "should" push a Viper, Vector, Vking, euro, mirage, charger, triad, allison, etc. all into the mid 80's.

The bigger boats that it couldn't push into the 80's likely would be after the 250R/300R family anyway.

If a rotten old 200 fishing motor can push us into the 80's, surely this could......sure, the market is all big fishing center consoles and 30+ cats......but damn, it would sure be nice to have a 'light' motor for all the smaller boats out there. Might even breathe some new life into smaller boats.....there's a LOT of small lakes in the US where a 24' boat is overkill.

19. Likes David liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been looking at the 115 PRO XS and thinking about boost. I don’t see any reasonable four stroke options for the hundreds of thousands of <20’ hulls out there
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There isn't anything underneath the hoods of the new motors that hasn't been going down the road for 20 years.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast