Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inline6 View Post
    So far, about three like minded boat /crews are going to boat bar hop around on the chain on Saturday May 1. Join us! There is a lot of great boat riding, like the Dora Canal, the Dead River, Haines Creek, and the wide open, scenic (mostly) calm, unlimited speed lakes. Launch at the Eustis ramp on 441 in Tavares, (has the largest capacity) or the new Tavares town ramp on Lake Dora, or Gilbert Park in Mount Dora, or the Lake Harris Boat Ramp at Hickory Point Park off SR 19 in Tavares.

Good stops are Lake Harris Hideaway, Palm Gardens on the Dead River, Kalua Beach Bar on Dora, and the Eustis, Tavares, and Mount Dora town docks. Also, for cooling off, there is the sandbar on Lake Dora that is never too crowded.

Let me know if you have any questions. At first, we'll prob start around 10:00 at the Gilbert Park Ramp, (any later and the parking there gets scarce) and then head through the Dora Canal, fly around Eustis, then go through the Dead River, and on to Lake Harris Hideaway.

Ralph N.
    Thank you Ralph for giving us the tour of the chain , it was beautiful, we had a great time !!!! That velocity rocks!! , perfect boat for our there
    Last edited by dgscroggs; 05-01-2021 at 05:25 PM.
    2003 mirage ski racer with e-tec power

2. Thanks inline6 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4. Thanks mr fun thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was a great day overall. Weather was perfect, we had a great lunch at Boondocks (end of little Lake Harris). Man there are some spectacular houses on these lakes. We really need to organize a big gathering on this chain-there is so much water to run and shoreline to explore. We saw three different sandbar hangouts.

Joe

6. Likes inline6, oldschoolltv liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you know a little about the history of the Jacksonville outboard club, one of their annual trips was from Jacksonville all the way through the Oklawaha River, through the lakes to Leesburg where they would spend a day and night with the Leesburg outboard club. That must have been some trip back in the '60's with mostly wood boats and 25 to 50 hp motors. I don't think the upper end of that river north of the Silver River is navigable anymore.
    1970 15' Allison/135 Chrysler stacker
    RC Mod-VP Boats

IMPBA District 13
    NAMBA District 3

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Was a great day overall. Weather was perfect, we had a great lunch at Boondocks (end of little Lake Harris). Man there are some spectacular houses on these lakes. We really need to organize a big gathering on this chain-there is so much water to run and shoreline to explore. We saw three different sandbar hangouts.

Joe
    Hey Joe, Too bad that our group missed your group. I think that we saw your group heading towards Boondocks and we were heading back from Hideaway towards Palm Gardens. We should have turned chase.
    I live in Mount Dora on the lake so anytime you want to have a gathering, let me know and I can assist with hotel info , ramps, parking, places to go, etc.
    Look forward to it.

Ralph
    1987 22 Velocity (original owner) / 2014 250 ProMax XS

9. Likes oldschoolltv liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Poole ModVP View Post
    If you know a little about the history of the Jacksonville outboard club, one of their annual trips was from Jacksonville all the way through the Oklawaha River, through the lakes to Leesburg where they would spend a day and night with the Leesburg outboard club. That must have been some trip back in the '60's with mostly wood boats and 25 to 50 hp motors. I don't think the upper end of that river north of the Silver River is navigable anymore.
    Lots of trees grown in from what I have been told. We are very spoiled compared to the stories that I hear from guys that would race small boats from Jax to Sanford and back in a day. I can't imagine some of the times spent by people in small boats and rough water waiting for assistance with no communication.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inline6 View Post
    Hey Joe, Too bad that our group missed your group. I think that we saw your group heading towards Boondocks and we were heading back from Hideaway towards Palm Gardens. We should have turned chase.
    I live in Mount Dora on the lake so anytime you want to have a gathering, let me know and I can assist with hotel info , ramps, parking, places to go, etc.
    Look forward to it.

Ralph
    We would need to get Tom involved. He is the Godfather and does the best job of "herding cats" with his connections. I am not on Facebook or any other social platform other then here. I will do anything that I can to help put a run together as well. Once we had approximate numbers, it would be nice to give notice to a specific restaurant so that we had parking and staff to handle a large group. The nice thing about this chain is that everyone could run to all of the points being that there is shelter from rough water with shorelines if we had wind to deal with.

I love the Palatka run to the Glen but there are guys that won't even attempt it due to the distance and the need to face 1/2 of lake George. This chain is just much more friendly to the smaller boats.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post

I love the Palatka run to the Glen but there are guys that won't even attempt it due to the distance and the need to face 1/2 of lake George. This chain is just much more friendly to the smaller boats.

Joe
    I live 20min from palatka and I didn’t even bother goin , every time I run that stretch I get beat up and I knew it was gonna windy
    2003 mirage ski racer with e-tec power

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2