Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Solid State battery's will be out within 4 years they will be the end of the internal combustion.
    I hope so. I've been waiting to see which new tech becomes marketable first. SSB's are pretty cool but in order to get the current needed to drive a large inductive load the battery would be massive. Then we got "nuclear" cells that are already being produced for electronic devices that can run 20 years once commissioned. These cells are obviously not the type of nuclear reactors we first think about but more of a utilized nuclear waste. Kind of like the way LiFePO4 is to Li-ion. We are still years out from a consumer grade option though.
    "The character of a man can be easily judged by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    I hope its viable
    Need to add windmill blades to that...
    Good to know I'm not the only one here aware of the windmill blade bone yards. We also have a pending issue with decommissioned solar cells that contain lead. The recycling cost is more than buying new. Same story for lithium. We can either generate power by poisoning our air like we've always done or take the "green" approach and poison our land and water instead.
    "The character of a man can be easily judged by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    30,000 gallons of water and then they gave up trying. Yeah, no thanks Tesla.....

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

7. Likes David - WI liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Did you miss your Rabie shot?

your all over the place...
    Showed you just a few ways that current tech is better than batteries. I knew you wouldn't be able to keep up , so i kept it simple just for you ...

Your inability to say what gas cost's near your house speaks volumes of how ashamed you are of the commie / theifin /Joemalla admin you are.

$2.92 for pizz regular .. thanks puppeteer who pulls petojoes strings ..

Rabie shot , no I got the two Moderna shot's instead. But I'm sure your afraid to do that too .. No need to worry , Trump is the one who inspired them ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Electric cars are no doubt superior to gas cars in almost every way. We love our Tesla, nothing to break (except the stupid retractable door handles), costs very little to operate, just feels so refined, once you go electric it's hard to go back. You can say they burst into flames or whatever, and they do, but gas cars are statistically 11 times more likely to burst into flame. BTW this is coming from someone who won't own anything but a two stroke outboard.

With boats, energy density is obviously a more serious issue, given the impact of weight on operational efficiency in boats. For a non-planing boat, I would still only consider electric. But for the types of boats people on this forum like... well personally I'm partial to the 3 liter, at least until battery technology develops even further

I don't get the insults towards people who want to see battery technology develop. It's a positive thing, nothing to get worried or paranoid about

10. Likes WavetoWave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got zero problems with EV's but I have MAJOR problems with tax structures, carbon, and EV subsidies.
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Electric vehicles will almost surely win out in the long-term; but not because they are efficient or cheap to run; but because they will be convenient once all of the infrastructure is in place... you don't see an extension cord on a jobsite anymore; even though cordless tools are expensive to buy & maintain and way less "energy efficient" - but they are convenient and people will pay for convenience not "environmentalism".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdoaner View Post
    I don't get the insults towards people who want to see battery technology develop. It's a positive thing, nothing to get worried or paranoid about
    Some people look for problems. Some people look for solutions. Simple as that.

14. Likes HydroSkreamin, rdoaner, Rigaud liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...household geothermal & solar takes care of heat & a/c...
    We have a geothermal system on our ocean front building and its great stabilization for the pools to. But its very expensive to install and is no way a viable solution to the capacity increases or usage decreases needed for our electric grid to handle the additional loads that will be placed on it shortly. The reason I started this thread was to let people know that we will have performance sources much better then we do today and its quickly becoming a reality as battery technology continues to evolve. I just received a delivery from Amazon with an electric van yesterday, I received my e-mail product update, from Rivian/T. Rowe price, talked to my friend that is a GMC/Hummer EV dealer, then read the article about yamahas new release (electric is the future whether we like it or not) and we don't have the infrastructure to support even a small percentage of the anticipated participants.

Joe

16. Likes Smalltownbassin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chaz Greg does not want every thread to become a political thread, Why can't you understand that?

I just got 300 gal of marine gas 292.00, 87 is 273.00 around the corner Red diesel was 223.00

Your the one that is to simple to understand that many factors contribute to price changes, to you the whole world revolves around one sick person, you two have many similarities in dysfunctional personality disorder.
    First, why are prices at the pump so high in general? There are several factors at play here that all have had an impact since last November:

1. The loosening of COVID restrictions globally in recent months has led to a rapid recovery in global demand for crude oil that has exceeded the expectations of all of the “experts” on the subject, leading to a tightening of global crude markets;
    2. Strong discipline among the OPEC+ nations related to their agreement to limit exports has also played a major role in tightening the relationship between global supply and demand;
    3. The U.S. election has also obviously played a big role here. Since last November 3, the average price per gallon of regular gasoline in the U.S. has skyrocketed by 75 cents. The markets clearly see the Biden/Harris administration as one that will work to inhibit U.S. oil production, which will also have the effect of tightening the global market, and traders have responded by driving up the price of crude oil;
    4. Refinery maintenance and the changeover to summer gasoline blends. This is a factor that I tend to write about every year at this time. Gas prices have continued to rise even as crude prices have dropped over the past week mainly due to the fact that March and April are the time of year in which many U.S. refineries are taken offline for annual maintenance and all refiners are switching from manufacturing a handful of winter blends of gasoline to the dozens of summer blends required by the EPA. This changeover invariably raises the costs of both refining and transportation of gasoline, and that is always worked into gas prices during these months.

We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chaz Greg does not want every thread to become a political thread, Why can't you understand that?

I just got 300 gal of marine gas 292.00, 87 is 273.00 around the corner Red diesel was 223.00

Your the one that is to simple to understand that many factors contribute to price changes, to you the whole world revolves around one sick person, you two have many similarities in dysfunctional personality disorder.
    First, why are prices at the pump so high in general? There are several factors at play here that all have had an impact since last November:

1. The loosening of COVID restrictions globally in recent months has led to a rapid recovery in global demand for crude oil that has exceeded the expectations of all of the “experts” on the subject, leading to a tightening of global crude markets;
    2. Strong discipline among the OPEC+ nations related to their agreement to limit exports has also played a major role in tightening the relationship between global supply and demand;
    3. The U.S. election has also obviously played a big role here. Since last November 3, the average price per gallon of regular gasoline in the U.S. has skyrocketed by 75 cents. The markets clearly see the Biden/Harris administration as one that will work to inhibit U.S. oil production, which will also have the effect of tightening the global market, and traders have responded by driving up the price of crude oil;
    4. Refinery maintenance and the changeover to summer gasoline blends. This is a factor that I tend to write about every year at this time. Gas prices have continued to rise even as crude prices have dropped over the past week mainly due to the fact that March and April are the time of year in which many U.S. refineries are taken offline for annual maintenance and all refiners are switching from manufacturing a handful of winter blends of gasoline to the dozens of summer blends required by the EPA. This changeover invariably raises the costs of both refining and transportation of gasoline, and that is always worked into gas prices during these months.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/04/07...irus-pandemic/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/04/07...irus-pandemic/

https://www.worldoil.com/news/2021/2...n-shale-fields

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XstreamVking View Post
    You know you been had when yer new ev has to be trucked by an old diesel truck to get to the dealer on time.
    Keep your eye on Nikola. This is just another opportunity for the average guy no different then Tesla stock was. There is always money to be made as change takes place and becomes accepted by the masses or forced upon the masses by overpowered governments.

https://nikolamotor.com/press_releases/nikola-sets-the-record-straight-on-false-and-misleading-short-seller-report-96

I am not recommending anything or telling anyone what to do but these are day$ of opportunity. https://www.barrons.com/articles/nik...sh-51618852466

Joe

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast