Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Favorite Tesla story. About a week after hurricane irma, an electrician friend was working on restoring power somewhere when this chucklehead pulls up in his Tesla to ask him when the chargers at the airport will be fixed. He only had 11% left on his battery.

These are the kind of people that think electric cars are more than just a golf cart. The mindset of someone who would drive 200 plus miles into a disaster area, that wasn't estimated to have its power restored for another 3 weeks while expecting the charging stations that were under 6 feet of saltwater 5 days ago to be working is something I'll never understand.
    ANTI40​It's just an idea.

2. Likes David - WI, loop, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I literally just finished an article about the proliferation of all the electric boat startups recently. Interestingly, a couple of them have brought back hydrofoils, thinking it's a good design. Most of these are novelty projects, the batteries cost more than most comparable boats. There's a link in the article to another article about 48 volt mild hybrid systems and how that could work, where they assist the gas engine.

Article:
    https://www.wavetowave.com/home/2021...ing-technology

Zin Z2R electric.

4. Likes rdoaner, David - WI, David liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long will zinks last when all the Jones's on the canal are charging there new teslamerc 800E's at the same time? Water will look like a boiling pot of spaghetti.

6. Likes powerabout, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Chaz Greg does not want every thread to become a political thread, Why can't you understand that?

I just got 300 gal of marine gas 292.00, 87 is 273.00 around the corner Red diesel was 223.00

Your the one that is to simple to understand that many factors contribute to price changes, to you the whole world revolves around one sick person, you two have many similarities in dysfunctional personality disorder.
    First, why are prices at the pump so high in general? There are several factors at play here that all have had an impact since last November:

1. The loosening of COVID restrictions globally in recent months has led to a rapid recovery in global demand for crude oil that has exceeded the expectations of all of the “experts” on the subject, leading to a tightening of global crude markets;
    2. Strong discipline among the OPEC+ nations related to their agreement to limit exports has also played a major role in tightening the relationship between global supply and demand;
    3. The U.S. election has also obviously played a big role here. Since last November 3, the average price per gallon of regular gasoline in the U.S. has skyrocketed by 75 cents. The markets clearly see the Biden/Harris administration as one that will work to inhibit U.S. oil production, which will also have the effect of tightening the global market, and traders have responded by driving up the price of crude oil;
    4. Refinery maintenance and the changeover to summer gasoline blends. This is a factor that I tend to write about every year at this time. Gas prices have continued to rise even as crude prices have dropped over the past week mainly due to the fact that March and April are the time of year in which many U.S. refineries are taken offline for annual maintenance and all refiners are switching from manufacturing a handful of winter blends of gasoline to the dozens of summer blends required by the EPA. This changeover invariably raises the costs of both refining and transportation of gasoline, and that is always worked into gas prices during these months.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/04/07...irus-pandemic/

https://www.worldoil.com/news/2021/2...n-shale-fields

Your just like L.W. make a scene and then run to Greg when you make an idiot out of yourself ... he's this , he's that ... whaaaaa .. daddyyyyyy

Here is my political rant ..... "commie / theifin /Joemalla admin"

Which is quite applicable since we are talking about different types of energy , and naturally .. why gasoline has jumped a $1.00 and some places more since the election.

You on the other hand , try to give me a scolding speech about politics .. then do a copy and paste that says nothing except for that it reek's of libtardness.

Then post it twice more ...

I like how you reference me as being like POTUS Trump .. as both having mental issues ... Lets see what we have for a final tard responce after three attempts ..

300 gallons of marine gas for 292.00 which is .97 cents a gallon .

300 gallons of 87 for 273.00 which is .91 cents a gallon .

300 gallons of red diesel for 223.00 which is .74 cents a gallon .

Your words ... not mine .... Pppppffffttttttttt Pea Brain

What's next in the tard play book , racist , homophobic , misogynistic ... ???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The part of my brain that loves the 4th of July for the fireworks, is the part of my brain that ties rocks to expired flairs, lights them then throws them overboard to watch them burn into the abyss, really wants to see what happens when that that much lithium sinks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those decimals
    Sleep better now?

You do know that Texas oil shale became ghost town after ghost town, oil rigs off line...

I read it that Texas shale could take 2 years to get back the output they were at

But all you know is gas is up so it must be... Get back to welding

Mad Scientist
    Last edited by CUDA; 04-21-2021 at 06:00 AM.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Your just like L.W. make a scene and then run to Greg when you make an idiot out of yourself ... he's this , he's that ... whaaaaa .. daddyyyyyy

Here is my political rant ..... "commie / theifin /Joemalla admin"

Which is quite applicable since we are talking about different types of energy , and naturally .. why gasoline has jumped a $1.00 and some places more since the election.

You on the other hand , try to give me a scolding speech about politics .. then do a copy and paste that says nothing except for that it reek's of libtardness.

Then post it twice more ...

I like how you reference me as being like POTUS Trump .. as both having mental issues ... Lets see what we have for a final tard responce after three attempts ..

300 gallons of marine gas for 292.00 which is .97 cents a gallon .

300 gallons of 87 for 273.00 which is .91 cents a gallon .

300 gallons of red diesel for 223.00 which is .74 cents a gallon .

Your words ... not mine .... Pppppffffttttttttt Pea Brain

What's next in the tard play book , racist , homophobic , misogynistic ... ???

Holy cow Charlie, wildly thrusting politics into this thread and throwing inappropriate personal insults at that guy... it's a thread about developing battery technology and it's relevance to boating. I wouldn't've thunk it'd be possible for such a topic to devolve into this... makes me sad tbh

What makes me happy is all the innovation that appears to be happening, and all of the new manufacturers that have developed new electric outboards in anticipation of more energy-dense batteries. Check them out:

https://plugboats.com/electric-outbo...ess-than-5-kw/
    https://plugboats.com/electric-outboards-more-than-5kw/

Best part is, very few of them are out of China. Almost all of them are relatively new companies from America and Europe. It's the first time in many decades that we've had so many competing outboard manufacturers

12. Thanks John S thanked for this post
    Likes John S, Rigaud liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of makes me sad
    My neighbor had a chihuahua, barked out on the porch all damn day long. Seems that's the only thing that made the little feller feller happy. My buddy asked if that barking drove me crazy, or if it ever left the porch. I responded that I found the barking funny because it thought it was a pitbull. And that no, it never left the porch, because it knew my german shepard was around the corner. Same thing applies with a few 'round here.

What makes me happy is all the innovation that appears to be happening, and all of the new manufacturers that have developed new electric outboards
    Feel the same way. The innovation coming out of all motorsports right now is mind blowing. The stuff I see on my track days on the motorcycle is crazy. EV isn't the whole part, but it is an exciting part. I hope it won't all be proprietary, and some creative people can adapt the tech.

Windmills
    Hard to have a debate with people that don't even know what they're debating.

14. Likes Headless Hula, rdoaner liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EV for all.........but can't keep up a D cell........ Batteries are for kids........I like the Iron horse Chazz..................All a dream......wait till the real future comes.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Holy Guacamole, my political speech was FOUR WORDS LONG ...

Personal assaults .. are against anyone who made it past the third grade .. lets look at a couple examples, shall we ...

Math ... (from triplicate, take your pick)

I just got 300 gal of marine gas 292.00

English ... (from post #67)

I read it could that Texas shale 2 years

Non hai idea di quanto mi faccia male alla testa leggere quello che scrive l'idiota vilage. Un attacco davvero.
    Rand sembra che tu stia cercando di essere il presidente vise di quell'esclusivo club.

If either of you .. can hold a crisp 9 -V battery to your tongue and sing
    "Jimmie crack corn" at the same time .. I'll listen to ya ...

Until then, as Dave says ..

Batteries are for kids........I like the Iron horse

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy...... every car has a power plant........battery car.... needs one some where.......Failed in 1920 against IC cars....the #s will never add up on usage/cost. Tired of waiting in line for a gas up? try 20 cars in front of you for a charge up. Why 20? just a make up #.......but waiting will add to the #/ line. At home charging at night? with solar ....... HeeHee...... Just watched some J Leno shorts about steam cars...... good power but not for Mom..... she likes a key start 4 cycle that she don't know where the the things under the hood go/ do....... Just the phone sonny. Lots of people in this country can't even afford their electric bill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many volts does that Tesla battery have? 350-400? And how about amps?

Instead of gas and fire you would have to worry about electric shock in case of a mishap.

I think I'll pass! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	220V.gif 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.0 KB 
ID:	485821

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think what the capacity of battery will be needed for a boat that gets the equivalent of 2 miles to the gallon vs a car that gets 20mpg. How much longer that large battery will need to charge and how unusable that boat will be because of it. If I plan a big day for the boat I throw a 2 or 5 gallon jerry can of gas in the boat in case I don’t find a marina, maybe there will be a reasonable potable battery available to do the same thing for electric boats but unlikely. Is something like a portable battery to add extra range currently available for Tesla owners?
    08 Checkmate 2100br 250xs

21. Likes Forkin' Crazy, Brad Zastrow liked this post
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast